• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. P

Could it be folate?

Thanks for the information about CBS. I must have been tired and probably confused the C677T with the C699T polymorphism in the study. I'm not shure if we can infer from just two CBS polymorphisms that you have an overactive CBS enzyme, but let's assume this is the case. Does it make sense...
  2. P

Could it be folate?

Even though this thread is about folate, I don't think that the answer is that easy. I gave this thread this challenging title, because so many people seem to take low doses of folate and I wanted to give them an impulse to try something different. I believe that most of us do not take enough...
  3. P

Could it be folate?

Thanks for the information! I think I chose the wrong field of study :)
  4. P

Could it be folate?

In this case folinic might be the better choice, which has a half life of 6,2 hours according to wikipedia. Half life is the period of time it takes for the amount of a substance undergoing decay to decrease by half. With folinic acid you could have two half life periods within 12 hours. You...
  5. P

Could it be folate?

Half life of 5-MTHF and dosing Today I did some research in relation to the dose of 5-MTHF. My question is: What if a large subset of people with depression has a folate deficiency[1], could it be, that 15mg of Deplin might not be enough folate for many people? Deplin is often prescribed...
  6. P

Could it be folate?

Hi Rydra, Thanks for raising this question, I'm also interested in this. The only one who really knows this stuff is Rich. I'm not an expert. Let's try to solve this puzzle together. Maybe this helps. Watch this video at 1:50: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ob41QNUSgM That's the way I see...
  7. P

Could it be folate?

I would like to do that. I commited to do everything in my power to solve my problem, but I'm a student and it is in our nature to lack money ;) Therefore i can't afford tests at the moment. I need new glasses. I hardly see anything at the blackboard...
  8. P

Could it be folate?

It's good that you have a critical attitude. It's important to question this! I believe, that regardless of the drug, there are always risks involved. We don't understand our bodies and the drugs sufficiently enough. We should keep that in mind! But both of your sources refer to folic acid, a...
  9. P

Could it be folate?

Could you refer to your source? I couln't find it.
  10. P

Could it be folate?

I haven't tried the Metabolic Maintainence product yet, but I will buy it. I'm taking 18(3x6) Solgar 800mcg tablets so far. Karin takes 25mg of folinic acid a day and she suggests to split it. I started this whole thing 5 days ago. So I can't tell if this is really the last piece to the cure...
  11. P

Could it be folate?

Yes, I also read that Freddd takes 8mg. Do you know if these people took sufficient B12? Karin wrote:
  12. P

Could it be folate?

Honestly, I don't know. Karin wrote about startup reactions from folinic acid(a 5-MTHF precursor). She recommends to start at a lower dosage. I also started with a lower dosage and haven't noticed any startup reactions yet. I also take two 5mg jarrows Methyl-B12 and Pure encapsulations B Complex...
  13. P

Could it be folate?

Ohh I forgot: I found a cheaper product than deplin: http://www.iherb.com/Metabolic-Maintenance-5-MTHF-L-Methylfolate-10-mg-90-Capsules/38360?at=0 I haven't found a high dose 5-MTHF product in europe and folinic acid is rare and pretty expensive. So I asked vitaminsuk.com if they could import...
  14. P

Could it be folate?

The protocolls of Rich and Freddd seem to work for some people, but as far as I see, most of them aren't fully healed yet. I think I found out why. During my research I came across the MTHFR polymorphism and I wondered if most of us have it. This polymorphism hinders the conversion from folic...
  15. P

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Low Glutathione Hi Rich, By now I read the first 122 pages of this thread. So I'm not up to date yet. I did a glutathione test here in austria. My values: Glutathione(total) 1504 umol/l Ref.: 500-1500 Glutathione(reduced) 526 umol/l Ref.: 500-1500 Glutathione(oxidized) 1030 umol/l Ref...