• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. springblossom

Alcohol Tolerance Poll

I am almost completely intolerant to alcohol now. I can manage about half a lager but it's roulette with me - sometimes I am fine (but tired) and other times I am sick. I used to be a moderate drinker (regularity rather than binging) and was part of my social circle, but I won't chance it now.
  2. springblossom

Breathing Problems In ME/CFS

I too get the fever when I am feeling low (which seems to be constantly at the moment). As for the breathing, I suffer from a sudden onset of difficulty if I do even the smallest thing, like walking to the toilet. I struggle to get breath in, and I feel like I am choking. It is a very worrying...
  3. springblossom

Looking Bad

I get a divided opinion. My mother in law the other day said I looked better, but I felt worse. When I was working, people regularly told me I looked terrible - pale, eye twitching, dark rings. I felt terrible too! When I am feeling particularly low, I find it very hard to open my eyes...
  4. springblossom

The Basic Sleep Poll

I have the muscle spasms all over - I frequently wake up during the night and am convinced it's because I am having episodes in my sleep. I'm also glad I'm not the only one with wild dreams - I have such vivid and strange streams I swear I wake up tired because I'm running around in my dreams!
  5. springblossom

UK screenings of Voices from the Shadows in December

I am hoping to go to the Norwich one if I am feeling well enough.
  6. springblossom

Two Steps Forward, A Hundred Steps Back

I can totally emphasize, I was at the point where I thought "Yes, I can go back to work" - so I did. And now I'm in my worst relapse of my life. I do cling onto those days where I was able to do things (albeit at a slower pace) and I know one day they may come back, and I am hopeful of that. But...
  7. springblossom

Patterns of illness

Same here. I seem to be better during the spring, before getting worse towards the end of summer right through to the following spring. I never operate at full capacity, but it is significantly worse in the autumn/winter.
  8. springblossom

Please help with survey in analysis of PACE trial - urgent

I hope it is okay to put my answer here. I would say I was moderate to severe. TODAY 3, 3, 3, 3, 2, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3 GOOD 3, 2, 3, 2, 2, 3, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2 BAD 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3 Do you have problems with tiredness? Do you need to rest more? Do you feel sleepy or...