• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. F

Article: Four Viruses! Alter Paper Confirms Retroviral Findings in CFS

Cort, I had a couple of questions. Why dont you even try to answer them? All I got was a lot of (ed-cursing) Lancelot that called me (cursing)!!! Is this the way you would like the forum to work? This is just not right. This forum is developing in a very wrong direction. Its not about V99...
  2. F

Article: Four Viruses! Alter Paper Confirms Retroviral Findings in CFS

Cort, Two quick questions to sort out any misintepretation and confusion when reading your posts: a) Why do you refer to your blog article as a "paper"? When I read your comments on your own blog commenting on the scientific papers of Lombardi or Alter/Lo, its quite confusing. Its not...
  3. F

VIP Dx MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT on Jun 1 !

Basically this is an announcement of a business transcation where WPI aquires VIPdx and that they are licensing technology to Red Laboratories in Belgium. According to best practise within Public Relation you do not announce that you are going to announce something that will happen in a...
  4. F

They have removed almost all information on their website. Only information left is the Lyme Brochure. Its more likely that its a company announcement and not a product announcement coming up. Just a guess...
  5. F

I guess VIPdx is sold to a big player...
  6. F

Fidelity of target site duplication and sequence preference during XMRV integration

Silverman et al with new paper. Seems like excellent work. Gerwyn, ready to comment on it? "The site and fidelity of integration have significant implications for the fate of both the virus and the host cell. Although the present study shows that XMRV integration proceeds with high fidelity...
  7. F

Is XMRV a New Paradigm for CFS?

Kurt, these guys are definitively not acting according to a consensus process. Do you think they are acting correct or incorrect, taking into consideration that their responsibility is to protect all Canadian citizens? Dr. Funky Funkster, PhD in Aurora Borealis Canadian Blood Services...
  8. F

New XMRV study to be undertaken.

Dear Mithriel, This tread is about a new XMRV study to be undertaken, funded by GlaxoSmithKline, annonuced on the ME Associations website. I respect your choice not to discuss vaccine contamination. I just cant understand why the fact that the subject has polarised positions...
  9. F

I find it quit interesting that nobody bothered to discuss the above, and I am just wondering if this is due to; a) total lack of interest in how XMRV came into humans? b) the story is too incredible to be true? c) its considered to be paranoia? d) just dont know yet, so I dont bother to...
  10. F

GSK is a large producer of vaccines of all kinds - Rotarix is one of them, and March 22, 2010 the FDA found that this vaccine was contaminated with DNA material from porcine circovirus 1, a virus from pigs that is not known to cause disease in humans or animals...
  11. F

XMRV and Culturing, HERV's and more

Gerwyn :) 1a) I fully accept that WPI found XMRV in some patients - can you confirm that they cultured the cells before they did run the PCR, or did they not? 1b) What about all those patients that test negative, still claiming they have CFS - will they all test positive on the antibody test...
  12. F

XMRV and Culturing, HERV's and more

XMRV = ME, HERV = CFS - are you both right? Kurt and Gerwyn, Why not consider that you both are right; Lets assume that ME and CFS is overlapping, but not identical diseases. There are overweight of some symptoms in ME and others in CFS. ME is caused by an Exogenous Retroviruses named...
  13. F

Scandal in BMJ's XMRV/CFS Research

Parvoman - fantastic work on the Dutch study... Basically, BMJ made a terrible mistake when they accepted the study and if they would like to keep their reputation, they have to withdraw it. Cohort issues, low number of patients, blood samples from 1991-1992, no culturing. Fast-tracking a...
  14. F

Mouse retrovirus present in cell lines used for production of biologicals

This is dynamite - this is actually a documentation that they found MuLV in cell lines used to produce vaccines in 2003. Cort, regardsless of XMRV being the cause of ME/CFS or not, this is a pretty serious worldwide matter given the structure of the large enterprises producing vaccines. We...
  15. F

The discovery of the first human retrovirus: HTLV-1 and HTLV-2

References Gallo RC, Perry S, Breitman TR: The enzymatic mechanisms for deoxythymidine synthesis in human leukocytes. I. Substrate inhibition by thymine and activation by phosphate or arsenate. J Biol Chem 1967, 242:5059-5068. PubMed Abstract | Publisher Full Text Return to text...
  16. F

The discovery of the first human retrovirus: HTLV-1 and HTLV-2

The discovery of the first human retrovirus: HTLV-1 and HTLV-2 Robert C Gallo1,2 http://www.retrovirology.com/content/2/1/17 1 Institute of Human Virology University of Maryland Biotechnology Institute 725W, Lombard Street, Baltimore, MD, 21201, USA 2 Department of Microbiology and...
  17. F

XMRV positive by serology from WPI

Hi Gracenote - good to hear that your wating time is over. It seems like you were one of the first patients that have answers back from the serology test. It also seems like the serology test is just around the corner for all of us. This is the answer I got from Red Laboratories in Belgium...
  18. F

Anecdotal News: Retroviroligist finds XMRV in Europe

Detection and Quantification of Variable Viral RNA by Real-Time PCR Assays by Muradrasoli, Shaman Abstract (Summary) As the area of nucleic acid based technologies develops, so will our understanding of how structural variations in DNA and RNA pathogens are associated with disease. The...
  19. F

Anecdotal News: Retroviroligist finds XMRV in Europe

Frank and others - my 50 dollar bet is that Jonas Blomberg has found XMRV in the patients in his study using his very own developed MegaBeacon... If so, this is very good news. Jonas Blomberg and Prof Kenny De Meirleir connected at the Gothenburg conference in late November. Unofficial...
  20. F

Mother and son XMRV positive by culture- rest of family Negative! - Personal story

Yes, my first symptoms was at the same time. I am not able to see any connection, as he lived in a different place at the time (March 2008). All three of us spent time together 3-4 months prior to March 2008.
  21. F

Mother and son XMRV positive by culture- rest of family Negative! - Personal story

Idhunter, I am sorry to hear that. Is this VIPdx tests? I came down with CFS/ME last year. Gradual onset. First symptoms in March 2008. I have a son (20 yrs now) that came down with EBV/mononucleose in March 2008. Never recovered after that and are now diagnosed with CFS/ME last month...
  22. F

XMRV CFS UK study #II

Koan, I am not. But the again, my brain...
  23. F

XMRV CFS UK study #II

George and Gerwyn :) You guys are my heroes. My true heroes. You keep my spirit up through these rollercoaster times. Are you able to merge your highly intelligent positions into spesific questions to Judy Mikovits and Kerr concurrently? It would be very interesting to see how they...
  24. F

XMRV CFS UK study #II

From WPI Facebook site: Whittemore Peterson Institute: "We are working on new information that will be posted on our main website. Thank you for your patience. "
  25. F

Life Is A Rollercoaster - a tribute to XMRV research

"Life Is A Rollercoaster" Hey baby you really Got my tail in a spin Hey baby I don't even Know where to begin But baby I got one thing I want you to know Wherever you go tell me 'Cause I'm gonna go [ME/CFS patients Chorus:] We found love, So don't hide it Life is a rollercoaster...
  26. F

XMRV CFS UK study #II

Following the findings reported here, it would seem a prudent next step for subsequent studies to compare samples and protocols between different laboratories around the world. There have also been conflicting reports describing the association of XMRV with prostate cancer. Two studies from...
  27. F

Imperial College now offering PCR XMRV testing

This is just unbelievable unprofessional of IC. Its so unprofessional that I dont think there are not any strategy behind it at all. Its just weird and very bad communication skills. Who are they communicating to through their website? A selected and known group of GPs? Why use a...
  28. F

Imperial College now offering PCR XMRV testing

What a bunch of MORONS at IC... Thats all I have to say... MORONS.