• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. mogy

B12 plateau?

Hi patteecreek, A number of months ago you posted, ". About a month ago, I went to my doctor with symptoms of recurring canker sores, fatigue, foggy thinking, trouble concentrating, forgetfulness, anxiety, trouble focusing eyes at times, and increasing gut issues. She checked only my b12 and...
  2. mogy

Nerve tingles - are they caused by methylation healing?

Hi snowathlete, Just my 2 cents. Excess potassium can produce tingling sensations. mogy.
  3. mogy

B12 dropping with sublingual supplements? vitamin C interference?

Hi patteecreek Serum B12 tests have a fairly high degree of error. I think that they can easily be out plus or minus 50 points. Once you are deficient in B12, it isn't easy to get your levels up and keep them there. There is a book called "Could it Be B12?" by Sally Pacholok, that you might...
  4. mogy

Alternative to Proton Pump Inhibitors

Hi Googsta, Or you could try chewing regular gum. I had gerd for a year or so and been prescribed omeprazole. It helped somewhat but I still felt the GERD most of the time. I found that chewing a lot of gum worked better than the PPI. After a year on gum and Freddd's protocol I hardly notice it...
  5. mogy

Balance between mb12 and adb12

Hi Asklipia, I see that you posted a few days ago but nobody has replied. I think that it is because you have asked a very difficult question. There is no easy reply. Everyone is taking different amounts. Some members can only take very small amounts. I am currently taking 10mg of methylb12 and...
  6. mogy

Low B12 and side effects.

Hi Patteecreek, I believe that flax oil has been used by vegitarians with success. I also believe that the methylB12 is much better for you than the cynoB12. I was in very much the same position as you this time last year, with some of the same symptoms. I also had some 'startup' symptoms when I...
  7. mogy

Help! B12 and acid indigestion!

Hi Jessrose, I have tried all of the lifestyle changes that they recommend to help with acid reflux. Most of them only made minimal difference. I also had a prescription for a PPI a couple of times. It didn't help. The thing that has made the difference for me is chewing gum. It was the last...
  8. mogy

Tooth ache started - a sign of my immune system changing??

Hi snowathlete, I agree with sianrecovery. Metronidazole is the same as Flagyl, and I'm hoping that is what the doctor gave you. Take care. mogy
  9. mogy

Tooth ache started - a sign of my immune system changing??

Hi snowathlete, It's great to hear you are out of pain. I just wanted to add some words of caution about methotrexate. It is an immune suppresant and messes with a number of processes in the body, including folate usage and energy production. I guess it also shouldn't be taken with the...
  10. mogy

General Q's on Freds Protocol

Hi Enso, The ad b12 is generally considered an appetite stimulant. It could very well be helping increase your appetite. If you google "dibencozide appetite" you might find some interesting material. Is it necessary to take everyday? I do, but everyone seems to be different. mogy
  11. mogy

Wrong Diagnosis Site - Fredd's Protocol

Hi cyndyd and Idie, Cort has Freddd's email, and he got a response from Freddd who plans to return to the Forum shortly. See the tread " Anybody heard from Freddd?" cyndyd, have you had any correspondence with Kevin since he stopped posting? It would be great to find out how he is doing...
  12. mogy

Hi Rockt, I know of only one person who bought crystals from China and made up his own injections. Kevinmillhill from the wrongdiagnosis/bettermedice forum. He hasn't posted for the last year. Post #6851 on the "B12 deficiency is commonly misdiagnosed" thread outlines what he did. It looks like...
  13. mogy

Hi Rydra, How do you keep track of all those vitamins? I though I was taking a lot. mogy
  14. mogy

Hi Rydra and Meryl, I did have some start up symptoms with Freddd's protocol. I was taking very few vitamins before I started, and just jumped in, taking everything on the basic protocol. I had some dizzyness and balance issues, plus a tightening of my calves. I started with the 1mg Jarrows X...
  15. mogy

Metafolin, B12, Potassium - Trying to make sense of these.

Hi MaxQ, One thing I noticed is that you don't stay with specific vitamins very long. I have had great results with Freddd's protocol. But at the beginning especially, things would get better, then worse, then better again. I stayed with the same vitamins for several months before trying to...
  16. mogy

Just like Fredd?

Hi Idie, You may recognize me from the wrongdiagnosis forum. I have also had about 90% improvement of my b12 deficiency symptoms using Freddd's protocol. But my symptoms did not include chronic fatigue. I am chronically tired, but I function at about an 8 level. When you say 90% improved, is...