• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. AzizaJ

CDC Multi-site Study - An interview with Beth Unger

That is a very valid point. My own 2-day test was inconclusive. I even performed a little better the 2nd day. The first day I had not slept very well, and started with acidosis in my legs even before the test. The 2nd day I had had a good night's rest (at least relatively), and no acidosis when...
  2. AzizaJ

David Tuller article regarding stigma of "CfS", HHS, IOM - speaks withBurmeister

Via Jeannette: IMPORTANT: Please post this from the Buzzfeed website on FB and Twitter even if you have already posted it before. We need to get it trending to show the Buzzfeed folks that this is a hot topic right now. Buzzfeed really cares about things going viral. Let's make it happen. This...
  3. AzizaJ

Poll: IOM study - for or against?

It still can be cancelled. Plus there is a lawsuit filed for not answering a FOIA request into the contract. http://thoughtsaboutme.com/2014/01/09/federal-lawsuit-filed-against-hhs-and-nih-relating-to-iom-study/
  4. AzizaJ

Poll: IOM study - for or against?

i also did wonder if this really should be anything to do with non-us citizens ? best golden It has definitely something to do with non-US citizens. From the IOM website: "The recommendations will have a domestic focus, however, major international issues may be identified."...
  5. AzizaJ

Occupy CFS: My Feedback to IoM

This is what I wrote to the IOM: I’m writing to you as a patient from the Netherlands. Where I live, the only ‘treatments’ on offer are CBT and GET. Which are at best not helpful, and at worst harmful. These ‘treatments’ are offered under the assumption that ME/cfs is psychogenic, and all...
  6. AzizaJ

The Nightmare Scenario - IOM Case Definition Contract Terrifies ME/CFS Advocates

The real sad thing is that it's not rethorics. It's the real situation here in Europe. Wake up America, you're heading for disaster.