• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. GracieJ

Essences & Elixirs For Subtle Level Healing

I have used things like this for close to 40 years. I cannot imagine trying to cope without them.
  2. GracieJ

Tongue Issues and Mouth Irritations

@sss_808 I have been been fighting a similar condition for months now. There is an odd sweet taste in my mouth that never leaves. At first, with the extra tiredness (among some other things, like added stomach distress) I began to wonder if I was diabetic. Well... it has been a long journey. I...
  3. GracieJ

Comment by 'GracieJ' in 'How many times can one raise/rehab oneself? Sheer Determination needed'

I think you give a very good description of being totally fed up and annoyed with a relentless Groundhog Day!
  4. GracieJ

Comment by 'GracieJ' in 'How many times can one raise/rehab oneself? Sheer Determination needed'

As many times as it takes. In the last two years, I have lost seven relatives to premature death. Sobering. I am still here, still alive, still have another day to kick the crap out of this thing. I prefer being here still, hard as it is going into year 26, and not getting any younger...
  5. GracieJ

Reverse Therapy; Mickel Therapy and Gupta Amygdala Retraining: addressing the ANS

I am also convinced the ANS is involved. It explains the moment of takedown in the body resulting in ME. It makes the perfect storm make sense.
  6. GracieJ

Reverse Therapy; Mickel Therapy and Gupta Amygdala Retraining: addressing the ANS

I am not the least bit interested in what the founders of these techniques think ME is or isn't. If they are really promoting these as cures for psychological issues, that is sad. But it does not change what is true about how the body systems work, and what is possible. What I am interested in...
  7. GracieJ

What did you like best about the Gupta program? I bought it some time ago, but have had issues with keeping continuity. My best tool has been grounding and clearing techniques. It makes me wonder how interrelated the techniques are. If stress can derail the train, then it only makes sense that...
  8. GracieJ

Thanks for posting this, @WoolPippi I use energy medicine along with everything else I do to keep functioning, and I see breakthroughs that are supposed to be impossible. It is hard to get into a good discussion of alternatives on this site because of the blame-the-patient thinking. There is a...
  9. GracieJ

Impact of social support on the relationship between illness invalidation and shame among individual

LOL Love it! Hey, I also wonder how much the stress of this disease coupled with thyroid issues coupled with menopause leaves the ladies with thinning hair... DHT issues... ??? I have been battling thinning hair and hair loss for a while now. You know me - Miss Alternative Remedies. Much of it...
  10. GracieJ

Impact of social support on the relationship between illness invalidation and shame among individual

@TiredSam I do see where you are coming from. It is a legitimate question for this group, though - do we tend to look younger, out of the norm, because of connective tissue disorders unique to us? I have wondered this for several years now. I used to think maybe it was all the antioxidants...
  11. GracieJ

In my case, my oldest daughter and I were mistaken for sisters for years. I don't think any of us are making it up out of vanity or anything. There seems to be something to this. It isn't five years, it's more like 10-15, according to others who mistake my age. Figure that one out. How can I be...
  12. GracieJ

I have wondered before if it is related to connective tissue anomalies. People with these disorders seem to age differently. Scleroderma comes to mind first, and I know there are others.
  13. GracieJ

Two whole web pages, I had to check I was on the right thread! It took a little back reading to see how the dissertation discussion morphed into appearance. I have never been able to wear much make-up due to sensitivity. Eye make-up was the worst. I have eye creep really, really bad, also known...
  14. GracieJ

Ever tried boosting blood oxygen levels with ozonated water (or iozined water)?

Haven't done this but you have my attention, since ionized water is supposed to be so good. I do like the products known as cell food that help oxygen levels.
  15. GracieJ

Making lovely, healthy bread

Waaaaaay jealous. Not in my diet. Enjoy some for me!
  16. GracieJ

I am about halfway through this lady's work. Good stuff. We need more like her! Doctors, I have been relatively lucky with. I did get the it's depression routine a few times, after long series of tests, but I mostly got a frustrated shrug, hands in the air in defeat, along with the honest...
  17. GracieJ

Comment by 'GracieJ' in 'I recovered to 80% and relapsed and it's all logical and I'm gonna recover again.'

I like your mind-body approach. There is shying away from the idea that some things are psychological only, when there is so much more going on.
  18. GracieJ

The Abundant Energy Summit

I took this discussion up with a client last night. She is a pilot for a major airline, temporarily grounded due to a skiing injury. It was an interesting conversation. She told me about the testing they do to stay certified. Role-playing goes on for four hours with variations of 30 scenarios...
  19. GracieJ

Was in a big hurry yesterday. Just wanted to let you know I really like your thinking on this! The key has to fit the lock.
  20. GracieJ

@whodathunkit Thank you! I will look for such sites. Always an insightful read. It sounds like this man has endured a lot. I, too, have been very fortunate with doctors, once I quit seeing "mainstream" physicians. It took the usual try everybody and everything for 14 years, as they scratched...
  21. GracieJ

Am I the only person in the world with a low tolerance of audio or video presentations? I did not look too closely at this because I prefer written material and do better with it. Maybe it is because it is possible to read an article in less time than it would take to present it spoken? I just...
  22. GracieJ

Thyroid

Dr. Brownstein's work. The formula for Armour was changed back a few years ago, right about the time Westhroid became unavailable, for political/financial reasons. I did poorly on Armour, no idea why. Westhroid came back from patient pressure on the company, but it was not the same. I was not...
  23. GracieJ

Sick but never sick

I am a bit jealous! Not really. But, my case has been one of catching EVERYTHING that comes along, then staying sick for weeks or months unable to throw it off. I still have to be careful. @Gingergrrl I, too, have Hashimoto's. This will be one interesting puzzle when sorted, all the up and...
  24. GracieJ

Comment by 'GracieJ' in 'Living in a van is working, sorta...'

There were many times I was tempted to just buy a minivan and get a P.O. box. Glad to hear you are doing okay overall. Take good care of yourself!
  25. GracieJ

Metaphors and medically unexplained symptoms - Lancet

E-mail address for the author is on the article. Hard to believe this is written today. His lab friend is describing early signs of migraines developing. I wonder... Go, team.
  26. GracieJ

Bateman Horne Center: Suzanne Vernon and Dr Lucinda Bateman form an ME/CFS/FM Center of Excellence in Utah

There is a Facebook page for BHC as well. Don't even ask me to try to get the link right to paste here!
  27. GracieJ

Bateman Horne Center: Suzanne Vernon and Dr Lucinda Bateman form an ME/CFS/FM Center of Excellence in Utah

Will do. The August meeting was canceled. Not like they are busy, or anything. I think I have his e-mail somewhere.
  28. GracieJ

Salt Lake City, Utah, where Dr. Bateman has practiced for years, and where OFFER was started. I will mention that to the BHC CEO. He very kindly stops to say hello when I show up for the education meetings. The site is completely new and still under construction. I am just happy it is up and...
  29. GracieJ

Emotional releases while in crash?

I have had similar experiences, but I also must say I deliberately went on a hunt for old baggage, to release badly needed emotional energy for the present. Has it ever worked! Hard as it is, it can be seen as a gift. Maybe it is the body and mind's way of healing what can be healed so you are...
  30. GracieJ

Unexplainable chest rash which appears frequently. Pics included.

Ditto what Gingergrrl said. There are several ways rashes show up with ME/CFS.