• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. smurf

Dr. Enlander tackles a poor paper "Fear of movement and avoidance behaviour..."

This paper is offensive and harks back to a very dark period in the field of psychiatry. MS, Alzheimer's, ALS and a host of other neurological illnesses used to reside under the umbrella of psychiatry. There are horrid stories of MS patients being pushed off chairs to see if they could will...
  2. smurf

Cognitive performance is of clinical importance, but is unrelated to pain with CFS

Same here. In my case, a threshold has to be crossed before pain is imminent and acute. Otherwise, it is just there, as a chronic annoyance, partially controlled by Flexeryl and Gabapentin. With moderate exertion, severe cognitive problems emerge and precede the onset of acute pain. Once the...
  3. smurf

Is Fibromyalgia Caused by ‘Cold Sore’ Virus? Researchers Bet It Is

Very interesting research! Could there be a reinforcing cycle involving chronic viral reactivations, declining glutathione levels, nuclear and mitochondrial DNA damage, and so forth? My guess, based on my own lab results, is that many of us might be dealing with polymicrobial infections that...