• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. J

Low dose Naltrexone

@Bassaur another part of this may be genetics. I know when I had my DNA tested for all sorts of drugs Naltrexone was on the list and it said I would react positively to it. I had already been on it for 3 yrs at that point and it was by far the most helpful thing I had ever tried....it made a...
  2. J

Thinking of getting a dog or a cat. Your experience?

@nandixon Rabbits make wonderful house pets, I have had several just watch out for electrical cords. She’s a beauty
  3. J

Inner sense of bodily tremor

Thanks @SherDa how much daily?
  4. J

Inner sense of bodily tremor

@SherDa could you tell me more about the type of calcium supplement you take
  5. J

Views on B12--Greg (B12 oils) view vs Rich Van's view--Thoughts?

@Basilico Thank you and I am taking it with the ascorbic acid and sugar. Are you still taking the B12 oils?
  6. J

Transdermal B12 oils

I’m trying to get all the co-factors in place for Gregs b12 oil protocol but its kind of confusing sometimes trying to learn more about the ins and outs and flesh out what Greg tells me with experiences of others here using them.....because there seem to be 2 or 3 threads on the B12 oils and all...
  7. J

Views on B12--Greg (B12 oils) view vs Rich Van's view--Thoughts?

@Basilico I have not started B12oils yet as Greg says I need to get my iron up so I’m taking Solgar Gentle Iron which I believe you recommended. Do you only take one a day? I’m a bit confused about which form/brand of Selenium everyone is taking?? Right now I’m just doing the iodized salt and...
  8. J

Surprising (Scary!) results from new gut pathogens GI test

@Rich D Wow sounds like an amazing test. What was the yeast/bacteria supplement?
  9. J

High homocysteine / CBS / P5P / 2-Hydroxybutyric

@renski I’m CBS +/+ and have high homocysteine also. Please keep posting any info you come across or anything you find that helps lower it.
  10. J

Is lysine helpful for all types of viruses

Finally. Thanks so much Hip. Been trying to find the answer to that question all day. I’m not sure what to think about my reaction to lysine. Normally do not take it. As far as I know I do not have herpes simplex...can you have it without any of the normal herpes simplex symptoms? I started...
  11. J

Does it reduce the viral load of non-herpes viruses .....or does it just work on the all the many herpes viruses?
  12. J

If I’m not mistaken I believe cold sores are also caused by herpes virus
  13. J

Thats a herpes virus isn’t it? I know its used in treatment of the herpes viruses but was wondering if it works on viruses not in herpes family. Tried doing some searches but when you put the word lysine and viruses in same search you get page after page of herpes info.
  14. J

or only viruses in the herpes family
  15. J

Questions about starting LDN

I took LDN for about 6 yrs. Started at 0.5 mg and increased by 0.5 each time, staying at a new dose for about a week. For the first month had a little sleep disturbance, increased vivid dreams, queasy stomach, but it was tolerable and short lived.....and extremely well worth it. For the most...
  16. J

multi-mineral/multi-vitamin

I would be nice to find one not loaded with fillers. Ive often wondered about why Yasko put folic acid in that vitamin considering how much of an advocate for taking the right stuff for methylation she is......its a real head scratcher ......never really got an explanation though I know a...
  17. J

multi-mineral/multi-vitamin

I would love to find one also. When I was on the SMP the Yaskos old multi was part of it and I did well with that. Then Rich switched to a Thorne multi and I never adjusted to it. Yasko has a newer multi called All In One but I have not tried it. It would be nice to find one
  18. J

B-12 - The Hidden Story

@Jaz I take B12 and a multi B and it never helped my neuropathy but was does help quite a lot is benfotiamine which is a form of thiamine(B1) If you do a search here on PR you will find lots more info about it Most people take a higher dose than I do for neuropathy. I'm only taking 150mg 2x...
  19. J

POTS and sport drinks, how to use them

@ahimsa where do you buy your dextrose powder?
  20. J

uBiome results

Really what I meant is seems like this is the new darling of the unreliable test that are available these days. I am glad you got some good info from it . For me after so many years of taking unreliable tests I just called it quits. A few of them did give me some vague answers, a few gave me...
  21. J

uBiome results

I see so the test isn't too reliable? Why is everyone getting it? Oh well, good news for me cause I eat a lot of probiotic foods and would like to think they are helping repopulate my gut.
  22. J

uBiome results

Well that doesn't sound encouraging about the kraut,yogurt etc ability to do much for us.
  23. J

Effects of methamphetamine or amphetamine

Helps with fatigue but causes some side effects Mainly problems with my mouth, rawness, metallic taste, inflammation.
  24. J

Transulfuration enzymes, diabetes, role of H2S as a neuroprotectant, against ER stress

I hope one of the PR brains will take on the task I too would find the info valuable.
  25. J

TMG makes me very depressed why?

TMG makes me depressed as well
  26. J

NMDA Experts! Your Input Needed!

I hope you post more about this subject and especially answers to questions you posted if you find them
  27. J

Looking for Heel Sinus products not available in US any longer

Does anyone know if I might be able to get them from an online Canadian site? Looking for Sinusin and Euphorbium nasal spray. The company that took over for Heel in US is not good. Changed all the mixes and they have gotten lots of complaints
  28. J

Low Dose Antigens / Immunotherapy (LDA/LDI) Lyme

@Mary @minkeygirl I second that emotion Mainstream docs have done and for the most part do nothing. The only help I have gotten have been from experimental off the beaten path treatments and docs who have a certain kind of brilliance, courage, compassion and curiosity to stand alone and...
  29. J

Need assistance adjusting methylation protocol

@Kathevans Well Ive been tinkering away here. I took another look at my Nutreval test, I see something different each time I look at it as its a lot to digest but what I noticed is that it said my need for MB12 was moderate but my need for mfolate was high. I was just going by my SNPS and...