• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. kwietsol

From the 1st annual XMRV conference

Excellent and very helpful post, Mark. I was hoping that someone with more understanding of the issues than I would summarize. Thank you!
  2. kwietsol

From the 1st annual XMRV conference

Recovery Soon, It was a beautiful letter. If I were the staffer who sorts his mail, I would be sure that yours got through. Mary
  3. kwietsol

New York Times Published: July 14, 2010 Delay in Release of Study prompts outcry

Oh guys, I think he gets it. My guess is that he is a reporter who is willing to fight to get our truth out. As a founding member of the National Lesbian and Gay Journalism Association, I’d guess he has some strong opinions about government suppression of retroviral science and some experience...
  4. kwietsol

Amy Docker Marcus

Yay for Dr. P! May he soon get the recognition he so deeply deserves.
  5. kwietsol

The Independent newspaper - Study that 'solves' chronic fatigue blocked

Welcome to the Forums, Zerothehero. And thanks for your email to the Independent.
  6. kwietsol

big new post from Hillary Johnson

Thanks, Cort. I appreciate your thoughtful reply. It is all so very strange. And now Hillary, at least temporarily, has pulled her story. Stranger and stranger.
  7. kwietsol

big new post from Hillary Johnson

Cort -- From your always interesting buzz page: "Instead of the broad ranging conspiracy theory to keep CFS patients down a more likely explanation for the events that have taken place is that everybody thinks they are correct. In this scenario the CDC tests the WPI samples, is unable to...
  8. kwietsol

That panel of positive control specimens

Oops, Megan, I didn't see your post about the WSJ. What Megan said.
  9. kwietsol

That panel of positive control specimens

John, I bet Amy Marcus at the Wall Street Journal would be very interested in that email. Have you thought of sending it to her? Amy Marcus <Amy.Marcus@wsj.com>
  10. kwietsol

How's the PR this time?

Tina, I always get a lot from reading your posts and I think it would be a wonderful thing for our community if you started a blog. As far as I know, no one is blogging from a CFS PR perspective and you, given your knowledge, interest, and skills, would be the perfect person to do it. I'm...
  11. kwietsol

Blood from a Stone: CAA Dr. Suzanne Vernon's Analysis of CDC Paper

Thanks, Sean. For the sake of all those people who need transfusions, I hope the first one is right.
  12. kwietsol

Blood from a Stone: CAA Dr. Suzanne Vernon's Analysis of CDC Paper

Let's just say that the prevalence of XMRV is about 4% (which I personally believe to be true) but the prevalence in the blood supply is only .1, as Dr. Vernon states. Dear forum scientists, is there a way both of these "facts" could be accurate? When HIV was unchecked, hemophiliacs were...
  13. kwietsol

FDA/NIH XMRV paper ON HOLD

Yes, Dr. Yes! And thank you.
  14. kwietsol

FDA/NIH XMRV paper ON HOLD

George, I can't get past thinking the government has a moral obligation to prohibit people from CFS from donating blood. Right now. And they have not. So in that respect at least, I don't think they ARE handling things right.
  15. kwietsol

FDA and NIH confirm WPI XMRV findings (report of leaked presentation)

This won't be a worry for long. I don't think we are going to have to worry about this for long. Back in October, one of the XMRV giants (I can't remember which one) said that because of the way XMRV replicates, scientists should be able to develop a vaccine for it relatively quickly. If...
  16. kwietsol

CDC replication study delayed in order to prepare a press release?!

vipdx.com is back up. Does anyone see any changes?
  17. kwietsol

German study finds xmrv

DysautonomiaXMRV, I am delighted you are back!
  18. kwietsol

Retrovirus Conference in Prague, April 29-May 4, 2010

Welcome to the forum, NickUmich. We wish we could give them back to you. But maybe, just maybe, help is on the way.
  19. kwietsol

Fidelity of target site duplication and sequence preference during XMRV integration

"Alarming" is good. Hello, world! Time to pay attention!
  20. kwietsol

WPI Letter to Dr McClure ****

I do think Dr. Peterson has to be played by someone that we can age over time. Remember how the movie starts -- nineteen-eighties, two government employees horrifically out of their depth, traipsing by gorgeous Lake Tahoe, foreboding but catchy music in the background.... It gives me the shivers.
  21. kwietsol

Not to worry. It is going to be a blockbuster. :victory:
  22. kwietsol

For the film version CFS: The Movie will surely have flashbacks to the younger Dan Peterson, so I say Matt Damon; he has both the brains and the gravitas. (My hunch is Dr. P. would like that choice.)
  23. kwietsol

How to start out with a new GP? Also, suggestions for Eastern High Sierra?

Creekfeet, I just sent you a private message.
  24. kwietsol

The CAA Pamphlet to Educate Doctors

Wow. Jennie. Thank you so much!
  25. kwietsol

Dr. Reeves Removed from the CDC's CFS Research Program

Because Unger is a temporary replacement, it sounds to me like Reeve's transfer was a rush job. If that's true, the rush had to be either to get Reeves INTO the job of Senior Advisor or OUT OF CFS research. I can't believe there was a rush to get him declared Senior Advisor for Mental...
  26. kwietsol

Help, worried that my husband has now got me/cfs

That does not sound terrible at all. It would be great for everyone if he does have something -- something that is quickly curable. I'm very sorry about you and two of your kids being sick and I've admired the ways you are coping. Best of luck for getting that husband of yours healthy again!
  27. kwietsol

An Indefatigable Debate Over Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Science Virology 2010 01 15

Thank you, Martlet. And thank you, all moderators, for keeping this forum a peaceful, enjoyable place to visit.
  28. kwietsol

XMRV Positive? What are your symptoms/medical history?

Super, Kim. Sorry I missed it. And thank you.
  29. kwietsol

XMRV Positive? What are your symptoms/medical history?

(Sorry for the self-quote. I'm acting like Wessely. :ashamed: ) Let me make another plea for inclusion of close relatives. I know of a mother/son, both XMRV positive, both with CFS. The mother's brother-in-law died recently of aggressive prostate cancer. I also know of a case that is...