• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. M

Article: CDC at the CFSAC Meeting: Dr. Unger's Job Interview and More

Making the data that the CDC has collected over the years could be a very helpful development. As someone who has lived with this illness for a very long time, I hope that someone will look into the patients whose data the CDC collected back in the late '80s and early '90s. I am one of many...
  2. M

Article: The Times They Are a Changing - CAA Nominates Distinguished Researchers To F

It was mentioned above that patients do not have the information to make nominations. It takes a little work, but since the nominator has to contact the nominee in the first place to see if he or she is willing to serve, the information can be obtained. I have a friend here in Atlanta...
  3. M

Article: The Times They Are a Changing - CAA Nominates Distinguished Researchers To F

But these people are only one set of nominees. Every one of us could have sent in nominees. These appointments, like all other government appointments, are done within the government. It's quite likely that none of these people will be chosen. I would be very surprised if WPI did not send in a...
  4. M

From the charter of the CFSAC: "The Committee shall consist of eleven members, including the Chair, who are appointed by the Secretary or the Secretary's designee. Of the eleven members, seven shall be biomedical research scientists with demonstrated expertise in biomedical research applicable...
  5. M

Conflicting Papers on Hold as XMRV Frenzy Reaches New Heights

In what has been quoted here, which, as far as I can see without seeing the article, the author used exactly one line from me which does not contain the word "hysterical" (I wouldn't have used that word for a few reasons) nor is anything about "a flood of emails" attributed to me (because I...
  6. M

Conflicting Papers on Hold as XMRV Frenzy Reaches New Heights

I have not yet seen the article in which I was quoted, but I certainly did say that were angry. I have been ill for 27 years, my daughter, who turns 34 today, has been ill since she was 16, and I have seen the CDC insult us, fall asleep when we make presentations, make insulting remarks, and, a...