• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. S

Is research into MS and EBV leading the trail to a better understanding of CFS/ME?

I find the relationship between MS and ME quite interesting. My daughter has ME, and she has a maternal aunt and paternal uncle with MS. There are also a number of relatives on both sides with RF, which she also has. I personally believe that ME has an autoimmune basis.
  2. S

New Drug Shows Promise in MS (Monoclonal Antibody that targets CD20 on B Cells!)

For me, the upshot of this article is that a bonafide autoimmune condition (MS) responds favorably to a monoclonal antibody. My sister has MS, my daughter CFIDS.
  3. S

New Drug Shows Promise in MS (Monoclonal Antibody that targets CD20 on B Cells!)

http://www.ucsf.edu/news/2011/11/10874/new-drug-shows-promise-against-multiple-sclerosis
  4. S

NK cell deficiencies is susceptibility to herpesviruses

Great to hear your experience with Dr. Lerner, and so happy to hear your daughter is in remission! My girl is 20, and has been sick for 8 years. Full remission would be a dream come true! We were so relieved to FINALLY find a Dr. that listened and understood what she had been going through...
  5. S

Thanks....Dr. Lerner says given her age, our daughter should recover much of her former health. He is indeed a good doctor and wonderful man....very caring. You are of course correct with the chicken/egg theory....our experience with our daughter is the strep issues began before the viral...
  6. S

Hi Alex, this is my first post to the forum....please bear with me! My daughter has been diagnosed recently by Dr. Lerner with CMV, and Rheumatic Fever. Treatment regimen includes both antibiotic and antiviral therapy. My take is the RF lowered her immune system allowing opportunistic infection...