• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. E

Suicidal exhaustion - how to deal with it

Yes, she tried that but it was too tough on her stomach. She's very sensitive to all sorts of things
  2. E

I heard that ME sufferers has a lot of lactic acid in their bodies and that this also effects the brain where it causes anxiety attacks. I guess this is part of the explanation for the exhaustion as well. Anyone else have any knowledge about this? Is there a way to counter act lactic acid in the...
  3. E

Help with test results

Yes. Here is one product for instance http://www.amazon.com/Ancient-Minerals-Ultra-Pure-Magnesium/dp/B001AD0HL8 Sarah Myhill has som info on int o her web page: http://www.drmyhill.co.uk/wiki/Magnesium
  4. E

Help with test results

I will actually see KDM in a little while so I will bring all these suggestions with me and see what he thinks.
  5. E

Help with test results

What type of product have you used for transdermal minerals? I've found there is not many products out there part from magnesium sprays. I don't know if her doctor has tested PTH. I have two tyroid values from testing she did a few weeks ago at the hospital. They state: Serum T4 (free): 17...
  6. E

Help with test results

I have written about my wife in other threads (http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/suicidal-exhaustion-how-to-deal-with-it.17845/) We have now done some test of mineral levels and som other stuff and I would like some help with what to make of them. She got worse a few weeks ago...
  7. E

Yes she did get benzos from her doctor. she has not been able to take them due to side effects. She tried a fraction of one pill and did get very problematic headaches. We have been warned against benzos as well so that was maybe for the best. The doctors alternative was atarax wich is supposed...
  8. E

Thanks for all encouragment. My wife has been ill for five years, but it has gotten much worse the last year and a half. I think our main strategy at the moment is ART. She does have quite a lot of problems with pain (headaches) which we try to deal with but its not easy since she doesnt...
  9. E

What a tremendous amount of support! Thanks. As for supplements, she has tried coq10, dribose an l carnitine but couldn't tolerate it. Sensitive stomach. She is taking transdermal magnesium . She has tried b12-injections but got worse from it. Were suspecting potassium defiency. We have done som...
  10. E

Were in Sweden. I guess "usual" was a bad choice of word from my behalf. She is VERY sensetive to a lot of things so what we have done is mostly getting vitamins, minerals and probiotics in here. And pacing strategies. She has tried some other stuff, like LDN, but has not been able to take it...
  11. E

I'm writing on behalf of my wife who has a progressivly worse ME/CFS. She is more or less totally bedbound with "attacks" of an exhaustion that she descirbes as suicidal. Its is unbearable. It does get better if she is playing her cards right, but it seems to return for periods every day. This...
  12. E

B12 caused extreme worsening of symptoms?

Hi again! My wife has now started taking potassium although not in the doses mentioned. She has a very sensitive stomach so she has to start with low doses. She is trying to eat potassium rich food as well. Over the last few days her symptoms get worse and worse and har fatigue has increased...
  13. E

The side effects are a feeling of weakness in the muscles, she feels its heavy to breath and she talks about a feeling of confusion. When we have read about potassium deficency signs it seems to match these symptoms. However the "side effects2 seems to get worse ande worse even though the dose...
  14. E

No. Does B12 need potassium in order to "work"?
  15. E

I'm writing using my wife's account since she is too ill to write herself. She has had ME/CFS for a number of years, increaslingly getting worse. When she last visited her doctor she was prescribed B12 injections (hydroxocobalamin). Since she is very sensitive to side effects she started with a...
  16. E

I'm writing using my wife's account since she is too ill to write herself. She has had ME/CFS for a number of years, increaslingly getting worse. When she last visited her doctor she was prescribed B12 injections (hydroxocobalamin). Since she is very sensitive to side effects she started with a...