• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. B

Liver failure

So called mutations don't cause liver damage, it's usually the consequence of an indiscriminate use of supplements, prescription drugs, pain killers, alcohool, fats etc. I had liver pain from using Flagyl and it took a few weeks to resolve. The remedies you took may have been poisoning your...
  2. B

Eve Sapi's work - a post from my lyme group - antibiotics and borrelia

sianrecovery, flagyl and tinidazole, as other abx, may cause various side effects but the one side effect specific for those abx I was concerned most when I took it was nerve damage (neuropathy). It's usually linked to long-term use which I've always avoided. In my case the only side effect I...
  3. B

Lotus, I didn't suggest immune stimulants, I talked of a functioning immune system. I am not sure you can heal from chronic infections, intracellular bacterial or viral infections without recovering immune function particulalry phagocytosis and nk cells. Regarding Lyme, my understanding is...
  4. B

Down to three basic foods

A friend used to be in a similar situation, for years he could only eat a few foods and for several months only raw milk but from a special breed of cows (he did not tolerate any other type of milk or dairy). Without this cow he would have probably passed away. He was also electrosensitive...
  5. B

In case of Lyme I think it depends on symptoms. People with severe neurological symptoms usually require long term treatment. In my case I never had neurological symptoms, mostly arthritic, skin problems, fatigue etc. and I found short courses repeated over time most effective. In my case the...
  6. B

Thanks Sian, interesting thread. I've just read Buhner's book and he actually says that antibiotics plus herbals are better than antibiotics alone, he writes that he's anti antibiotics but not in the case of Lyme. according to him herbals can make antibiotics more effective but also help with...
  7. B

Miracle rally London 4-5 May

Anyone who would like to be prayed for during this event or has a prayer request, pls let me know by posting or in private by Thursday. Tx.
  8. B

My genetic results, need suggestions please

Cheryl the small methylation study done by Rich and Dr Nathan showed that people who had some of those problems other than methylation, say mercury for e.g, had to deal with those in order to get better. My personal experience was similar. It seems to me that getting the priorities right is also...
  9. B

My genetic results, need suggestions please

I don't think the genes are the key problem although they could be a predisposing factor. With this illness there are a lot of unknowns but a few things we do know. For those of us who have been sick for years, simply restoring the methylation cycle or taking supplements won't help much if there...
  10. B

Most important supplements...

J, I'm sorry for your relapse. I wish you a full recovery. I was mainly describing myself and probably had some of your issues but I read of similar patterns on most threads. But let's talk about numbers for sake of clarity. In my case I never got any improvement out of a bunch of supplements...
  11. B

GcMAF for XMRV--Gc protein-derived macrophage activating factor--anyone taking it?

there's a slide where he describes gcmaf as made by chemical deglycosylation of Gc protein extracted from human gamma globulin fractions.
  12. B

GcMAF for XMRV--Gc protein-derived macrophage activating factor--anyone taking it?

Thank you, that's a great lecture. We have to consider that Dr C. conclusions are based on a small sample and all his patients. The fact that his patients responded better to the maf314 vs the chemical gcmaf may be due to the fact that the probiotic version reduced gut toxicity as he mentioned...
  13. B

UK, The Times, 23 Apr: 'Biological breakthrough offers fresh hope to ME sufferers

it's a shame available funds allow such restriction in studies scope and sample sizes. when i think it would only take a fraction of the annual salary bill of your average premier league football team to have a good study with a properly sized sample etc to finally ridicule any idea that cfs is...
  14. B

Breakthrough Research Reveals Pathway of Fibromyalgia

An alternative opinion of this study. http://www.fmperplex.com/2013/02/25/junk-science-junk-ethics/ Disappointing if true (the author has other views of the illness).
  15. B

has anyone tried the QXCI/SCIO machine? (aka Quantum or INDIGO machines)

If you had asked me a year ago I'd probably have dismissed it all as nonsense. But a neighbour of mine, homeopath, bought a scio machine and tells me patients keep coming back for treatments. I was quite skeptical and of course would have never paid for a session but she offered me a couple free...
  16. B

I need assistance with a Methylation plan

This may be of interest to anybody who perhaps like me could not afford testing or the substantial number of supplements required under the Yasko's protocol. Until a few years ago I used to be unable to tolerate any methylation supplements. The slightest dose of B12 and any form of folate...
  17. B

Beaver gets Lymed. (Trimethoprim, Plaquenil?)

The same thing happened to me years ago. Got sick after a chiropractor fixed a dislocation in my lower back which other four or five chiros and osteos couldn't fix. The following year I had a major replapse after seeing him for the same problem. I personally don't think the Borrelia ever goes...
  18. B

severe osteoporosis

Many good ideas have already been mentioned. I like in particular the b12, k2 and bone broth ideas. In addition I'd like to mention the good effect that certain polyphenols have on bone density. The effects of green tea extract ecgc and resveratrol appear quite impressive perhaps because they...
  19. B

Most important supplements...

ditto In addition, I personally feel that most supplements can make people worse over time. It certainly happened to me. For brain fog, over the years, I tried many supplements but only two did make a significance difference in my case: resveratrol and huperzine A.
  20. B

Hypersensitivity to full moons

There are two possible explanations I can think of. One, mentioned earlier, is parasites. The other one is supernatural and is linked to satanic rituals which tend to be celebrated around the fool moon, halloween and other specific times and which can have an effect on people who are under a...
  21. B

My Personal Cancer Plan - An informed Choice...

For those interested in alternative therapies (in which i don't believe as far as cancer goes) this book gives a helpful overview of various approaches...
  22. B

Turned down for ESA, got *zero* points

Esther, I don't want to take this thread off topic but it's helpful remembering that MT's policies in the 80's had more to do with liberalisation, breaking down old monopolies and allowing competition in finance and other industries. In finance she succeeded in replacing the old-boy network that...
  23. B

Turned down for ESA, got *zero* points

You're essentially saying that the majority of the British public who voted her in more than once were a bunch of lunatics ( I couldn't vote at the time so I can't be accused of being one!) . It seems to me you've got no idea of what the UK was like before Thatcher. I just want to pick up on...
  24. B

MAF 878 Available - Anyone already using it?

yes, they can feel very ill. I know a couple, him with cfs, her apparently healthy "normal" (except for some arthritis) but initially she could not take the maf314 for longer than couple of weeks because she would feel wiped out. That's a very good question. It may depend on individual...
  25. B

exercise, heat and compression clothing

d-ribose although is a sugar it's hypoglycemic, it actually lowers blood sugar. If anybody suffers from hypoglycemia you must take it with something that brings up your blood sugar level. I found that out the hard way years ago when I used to take it. For anybody who suffers from pem or adrenal...
  26. B

Protomyxzoa

I did the klinghardt protcol consisting of praziquantel-ivermectin,albendazole and alinia. Ivermectin was particularly helpful. But some other remedies did not work. Artemisinin was useless, coptis is good for intestinal bacteria and in combination with cryptolepsis probably kills any bug in...
  27. B

Miracle rally London 4-5 May

For those who believe in the healing power of Jesus Christ there is a two-day healing event coming up on 4th-5th May, in London. I have never been there before so this is going to be my first. Friends who attended in previous years tell me that two of the speakers particularly, Damian Stayne and...
  28. B

Quick help for viral symptoms?

Possibly luteolin, quercetin, chinese skulcap, andrographis paniculata, ganoderma lucidum, withania somnifera. The last three may also help recover from pem.