• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. S

Gallbladder: did you have issues with it during your CFS journey?

I have known some very ill PWC's to have surgery and do well, one being a GB so bad it could become life threateningl. No links but I have this in my files Also this:
  2. S

The Fight is on...Imperial College XMRV Study

In her lecture Klimas made a couple of statements that are relevant to this discussion:
  3. S

Gallbladder: did you have issues with it during your CFS journey?

Mine gives me a LOT of trouble and is a ticking time bomb.
  4. S

PROGESTERONE may IMPROVE OUTCOMES from BRAIN INJURY

This illness is a real catch-22 in so many situations, isn't it. I guess that is why we have to listen to our own bodies and make the best decisions we can with the info we have and how we feel.
  5. S

XMRV and Transmission: The Big Question

"MONTAGNE: You now know what is associated with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Does it tell you how someone gets it? Dr. PETERSON: It's an excellent question, because I think it's required probably to be a genetic predisposition like there are for most diseases. And then there has to be the...
  6. S

Time for the Big Talk. How's the CAA doing?

omg .. that's all I can say... omg
  7. S

How do you manage a laptop while lying down?

I plug this little lightweight keyboard into a usb on my laptop and just hold the small keyboard in my lap, with my laptop beside me. This little keyboard has it's own touchpad too. http://www.notestation.com/compactusb-ps2keyboardack540.htm I do put my laptop on a thing that diverts heat...
  8. S

CoQ10 deficiency related to multiple ME/CFS symptoms and early mortality

Synthetic coq10, Idebenone, is probably better if your find coq10 makes you feel worse. Ideb does better in hypoxic states. Much more powerful so less expensive.
  9. S

Hillary Johnson GONE?

Hillary's twitter oslersweb Merry XMRV XMAS! 4 hours ago from web Then on blog she posted a link to this You Tube Link to Blog
  10. S

I tested Negative

Good post. And so true how difficult testing for in HIV was at first. Nancy said this in lecture: "When the first HIV blood test came out it wasnt any good either. You know, it went through stages and stages and stages before we got a really good one. "
  11. S

Hillary Johnson GONE?

Blog back on main page Just noticed Hillary's Blog tab is back on the main page of her site. http://oslersweb.com/
  12. S

I tested Negative

Retest when they have the antibody test. I'm hearing the testing has issues right now, with for sure cfs pts testing neg. Klimas does not recommend testing right now. She said you will be positive but how do you deal with a false negative test. Don't let it discourage you.
  13. S

Michael Holmes Retrovirus Work

I noticed about Holmes in the Klimas lecture transcripts: Section 2: Viruses & CFS/ME; WPI & XMRV The other half of the medical literature was looking at pathophysiology, just what's wrong. And this group in Miami has from the very first day, actually the very first group, to look at the...