• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. L

Learn about series- It is vital Electrolytes are corrected as you recover from the dysfunctional body state that is ME/CFS.

What electrolytes do you all take? I know I need some but there are so many products, many of them filled with unnecessary additives, I am confused...
  2. L

Holger, the young Swedish man with very severe ME, has been taken away by four policeman and a psychiatrist this afternoon.

It is called medical narcissism: lying, gaslighting, invalidation, rigidity, entitled abuser/doctor blaming victim/patient, etc. there are few highlighs https://canadiem.org/medical-narcissism/
  3. L

Holger, the young Swedish man with very severe ME, has been taken away by four policeman and a psychiatrist this afternoon.

I am very surprised it is possible to be involuntarily hospitalized in Sweden if you are not dangerous. I thought this possibility was dark past across whole Europe. It is certainly not legal in Czech. I now wonder how it is in other states. How horrible and disgusting! :vomit:
  4. L

Metabolic Trap//Who got worse on l-tryptophan?

100 g of steak contains around 300 mg of tryptophan. So if you eat 60 mg of tryptophan for 5 days, it is the same amount. It is unclear to me how it could cause any additional damage by itself even if one has metabolic trap. You would have to avoid all foods with tryptophan then.
  5. L

Documentary: Undercover in German Lyme Clinics

Was this video here? https://on-lyme.org/en/sufferers/lyme-stories/item/271-addressing-patient-concerns-after-a-media-attack-on-german-lyme-clinics
  6. L

My Search For Tinnitus Relief Led to Discovery Of A Unique Vagus Nerve Stimulation Technique

There are more options for stimulating vagus nerve, that are not invasive...
  7. L

What to avoid mentioning at a psychiatrist appointment

It depends on why you are going there. Do you need treatment for psychiatric symptoms or report for disability?
  8. L

Whats the best over-the-counter sleeping pill ?

sleep meditation tryptophan
  9. L

Documentary: Undercover in German Lyme Clinics

I have not seen the document, because I do not speak Dutch nor Danish, so hard to comment. But nor Armin lab nor BCA lab recommends any kind of treatment, only doctor from clinic can do this, so this sounds very suspicious. Who suggested treatment to these people? LTT is very sensitive method...
  10. L

My new trial with Tetralysal (Lymecycline) for lyme?

Interesting, who did you prescribe tetralysal, guys? Or are you taking it on your own? I was pretty smashed by minocycline and never heard about lymecycline for lyme..
  11. L

Lyme disease update

Thanx for your report, so how does he treat you?
  12. L

FDA Orders 23andMe to Stop Providing Genetic Analysis.

So, who will now interpret data, when 23andme does not?
  13. L

Fecal Transplants

That is great, hopefully pins and needles will improve too, with litlle bit longer time.
  14. L

Fecal Transplants

I wish you good luck, elph, let us know how you feel. Do you start all at once or gradually? This can be very strong. Btw: What is VRE?
  15. L

MoRs formula-restoring the methylation pathways in the body

Has anybody tried this product? http://www.healthilluminationproducts.com/page/cellularnutrition If so, what was your result?
  16. L

Fecal Transplants

How could be the microflora saved when sample is frozen? That does not make any sense.
  17. L

Antibiotics

Hi, I had some problems with VSL too. I tolerated this one much better http://www.swansonvitamins.com/lee-swanson-signature-line-ultimate-probiotic-formula-3-pack-3-30-ct-bottles-veg-caps?otherSize=SWL008
  18. L

Resveratrol, mitochondria

I have been taking 200 mg of ubiquinol daily for years and it is one of the few supplements that has really helped. I had also been taking ALA and RALA in the past, but stopped it as I was unsure about chelation issues with amalgam fillings and I have never seen any difference in my health with...
  19. L

I think I am not anemic too, at least according to blood tests. I took some German brand in the past in much lower amount, I think perhaps10 mg and I had no reaction, too. Interesting. I wonder what would massive amount of resveratrol, which Buhner recommends, do. Here are his doses: Japanese...
  20. L

This article claims headache occures among those who are anemic. http://www.tuliv.com/Articles/Resveratrol.pdf
  21. L

Unfortunately headache is quite common side effect also reported with trans-resveratrol. I tried this one http://www.iherb.com/Now-Foods-Natural-Resveratrol-Mega-Potency-200-mg-120-Vcaps/16093 Quite expensive :/ Which one did you take, Valentijn?
  22. L

Japanese Knotweed is most common source of resveratrol, also taking trans-resveratrol and not cis- resveratrol is important. I took one capsule yesterday and one today a now I suffer from terrible headache, so apparently I will not be able to continue. :( Anyone else?
  23. L

Buhner recommends resveratrol for lyme and bartonella, though we need to support Th1 with these infection.
  24. L

RALA is r- isomer and ALA is l- isomer of the same thing, so RALA is twice as effective as ALA.
  25. L

Uh, do you have some links to studies claiming resveratrol is Th2 shifter? I just wanted to start resveratrol capsules and this information shocked me. I surely do not want to shift my immunity to Th2. I found this study claiming resveratrol supress activity of both Th1 and Th2 cells, but...
  26. L

Completely eliminated my severe anxiety symptoms with three supplements!

Page about depression and anxiety treatment with magnesium: george-eby-research dot com/html/depression-anxiety.html#warn
  27. L

Dangers of Fluoroquinolone Antibiotics (Levaquin)

I know a woman, which knee fell out of the sheath after using doxycycline. This is not proof and even such a event can be part of herxheimer reaction if knee was infected, which frequently is during chronic bacterial infection as a part of ME/CFS.
  28. L

Levofloxacin is very effective for lyme and if you have lyme and have not used levofloxacin in the past, then there is high probability you will have strong reaction. Please read at least basic things about lyme and herxheimer reaction. Most of lyme people got it.
  29. L

This is herx, not neccessary bad thing. You should investigate which organism is behind such a reaction.