• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. B

Article: Looking Forward: Dr. Peterson on ME/CFS Research, Treatment Options and Hope for the Future

Cort, this is an outstanding piece of writing, as well as a great summary of the current CFS/ME research landscape. With so much innovative, promising research taking place, I can't not feel hopeful about our futures. Thank you for providing another great report for all of us.
  2. B

Keeping track of your blood work over time...

I am interested in this as well. Currently I have all my lab work in a 3 inch binder, sorted in chronological order. It is clumsy when taking it to doctor appointments -- mine won't even fit in my backpack. I have 15 years of medical records though, so I'm sure it would be torture to enter...
  3. B

Low Dose Naltrexone - Discussion with Prime Minister

I have tried low dose Naltrexone in the past. I didn't notice any pros or cons with it, but I'd like to try it again. I got it compounded at a low dose.
  4. B

Dr. Reeves Removed from the CDC's CFS Research Program

I'm guessing that there were multiple variables in the decision to "transfer" Reeves, and if the CFS community did in fact have anything to do with his departure, I don't doubt that many people/groups contributed to this. I just want to acknowledge and thank Kim McCleary, Suzanne Vernon, and...
  5. B

Kim McCleary: Open letter to CFS community

That's a fair enough question, but please don't jump to conclusions. As I previously stated: "My statements regarding Kim are not the result of misguided loyalty or allegiance. As a Board member, I am obligated to thoroughly examine and scrutinize Kim's performance -- I am firm in my stance...
  6. B

Thanks for the welcome. For what it's worth, I've been reading the different forums for awhile, listening to the patient community. After all, I am a patient first and foremost. Nearly half of my life has been stolen by this disease, since I was a 15 year old, "All-American" kid, who excelled...
  7. B

I posted this on Facebook; thought it might be appropriate here as well. Over the last 3 years, I have had the opportunity to work with Kim, in our common fight to solve CFS. I have never met someone as hard-working, qualified, devoted, and effective to lead this battle. My statements...