• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. B

Ms vs cfs vs sarcoidosis vs idiopathic

The Mashall Protocol is pseudoscience. https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/the-marshal-protocol/
  2. B

FDA Warns Of Kratom Harms Including Death

Would you please include the url to the Forbes artical as I would like to read it. Thanks!
  3. B

Do you really think the company should not recall this product? The fact that salmonella has been found in some of the pills, then yes, I think it’s possibly dangerous advice. The above is really a separate issue of whether the supplement works or not.
  4. B

Comment by 'barbc56' in 'What moderators do for Phoenix Rising'

It’s absolutely a huge commitment and anyone undertaking this job is to be commended. I would add that the moderators are held to scrupulous moral standards and not biased when judging the appropriateness of a post? Do we still have that? I hope so.
  5. B

I would tend to believe the FDA over mercola who espouses non scientific treatments. But hey, it’s personal choice, so go for it, but let the buyer beware. Yes the FDA is not perfect but let’s not throw the baby out with the bath water. They are far more scientific. We need to use the same...
  6. B

Success stories Prof. De Meirleir

I have answered these questions in my other posts. We simply don’t know whether any improvement is caused by KDM or other reasons cited by the article I posted. There isn't scientific evidence to show the validity of some of his diagnosis and treatments and that is the bottom line for me...
  7. B

Opinions on de Meirlier

KDM has tests for leaky gut. This is just one example of his lack of science and why I don’t trust him as leaky gut is a made up health condition with an unvalidated test. If you are diagnosed with LG, then the appropriate diagnosis and treatment needed is missing and this could cause serious...
  8. B

Success stories Prof. De Meirleir

This man is making money off of sick people. Shoddy tests. Shoddy diagnostic ability. IMHO, he should not be allowed to practice medicine! Reasons Why Bogus Treatments Seem to Work. http://www.health24.com/Medical/Dementia/Treatment/7-reasons-why-bogus-therapies-often-seem-to-work-20120721...
  9. B

Is it hard to convince docs to give IV saline?

Ha ha, welcome to Phoenix Rising. Congratulations, you stayed right on script! ;)
  10. B

Looking for safe, gentle stretch “exercises”

Thanks @svetoslav80 That was helpful,
  11. B

Extremely bad Tachycardia

There are so many things that can cause tachycardia, it’s important to get this checked out I was in the ER in my twenties and it was caused by hyperthyroidism. I am NOT saying this is the same in your case but my experience. The thing is, if I had the same thing happen today, the risk because...
  12. B

Looking for safe, gentle stretch “exercises”

This is quite interesting. Can you go into more detail. Would walking come under what you describe.? Thanks!
  13. B

Mumps booster?

I can’t imagine how much worse I’d feel with mumps on top of this. I like @Orla’s idea of antibody testing. I don’t know if this is something routinely doe by doctors or if insurance covers the shot. If you are worried about a reaction you could always get it early before the trip. If you...
  14. B

New Labs...

Hemochromatosis can be inherited. This happened to my brother in law. He periodically gives blood. Have you. seen a hematologist? This condition can be serious if not taken care of quickly. His condition may or may not be the same as yours. That iywhy its best to talk to your doctor. Medical...
  15. B

Map of US Based ME/CFS, POTS, and Lyme Doctors (Feedback Please!)

Unfortunately, I am disappointed to see doctors such as KDM included with the science based doctors. Maybe it would be more helpful to make this distinction? Maybe include whether a lyme doctor is ILADS. or IDSA doctors? Not making a value judgement but people have different criteria when...
  16. B

I am having the best day...

Well said. Sometimes with this condition we have to take what we can. Take care.
  17. B

NPR: 'Quackery' Chronicles How Our Love Of Miracle Cures Leads Us Astray

Looks interesting. I was hoping the book would delve into why people choose quackery today when our knowledge of science and physiology is much more sophisticated. But that’s a different subject. I have put this on the waiting list at my library for when it becomes available. It’s a long list...
  18. B

Documentary: Undercover in German Lyme Clinics

An improvement in symptoms when taking an antibiotic may be due to the fact that abxs reduce inflammation. This does not mean lime doesn’t exist but may explain why some people report symptom relief.
  19. B

Dr. Myhill On PACE and MAIMES - remake - thanks for your feedback

While I agree what Myhill says,, I think therr are much better campaigns/people who are saying the same thing and reputations much that are much better than Myhill!
  20. B

Dr. Myhill On PACE and MAIMES - remake - thanks for your feedback

Unfortunately, it’s all relative, eh?
  21. B

Documentary: Undercover in German Lyme Clinics

Here’s a good source. https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/chronic-lyme-disease-another-negative-study/
  22. B

Comment by 'barbc56' in 'Journal from my Moderation Cell, Day 2'

I think Val plans to be the queen!
  23. B

The Optimum Health Clinic and its Treatment and Research

@OfcourseYouCanRevover Welcome to Phoenix Rising.
  24. B

Mrs Sowester's Magic Beans

:lol:
  25. B

Jane and Lester Butts 666 Wrecktum Blvd. Painsville Oregon 76969 This is an official complaint letter to the person who manufactures and sells @Mrs Sowester’s Magic Beans. My husband, Lester, tried your Magic Beans on May 10th 2017 and within 24 hours experienced an unexpected side effect that...
  26. B

My finger hurts from hitting the like post for every post here, unless I inadvertently missed some. @Mrs Sowester, will the beans cure me of this malady, my lady?
  27. B

Pastor Gas may have overdosed!!*. * No offense intended to the religious farters. Edit. I just reported my own post!
  28. B

In case of overdose: