• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. belize44

ME as a permenant damage to the central nervous system

Sad, but I tend to agree as well.
  2. belize44

Extremely chapped lips

I'm glad that the mystery is cleared up!
  3. belize44

Extremely chapped lips

Last year, I started using mouth tape while sleeping. I developed a patch of rough, itchy skin on the right side of my mouth above and below my lips. Even though I stopped using the tape, the skin remains altered.
  4. belize44

Multiple Chemical Sensitivity (MCS) - How Bad

I can just imagine complaining to the internet provider; "By the way, can you tell your techies not to use scented products for a month before coming into my home?" :confused:o_O😀
  5. belize44

Multiple Chemical Sensitivity (MCS) - How Bad

Until recently, I didn't realize that I had this condition on top of the ME/CFIDS. I thought it was due to my autism. Today we were scheduled for a new internet install, meaning that someone comes out to the house and spends time walking around in here. I hadn't thought much about it, but made...
  6. belize44

What Are Your Most Amusing (Or Disconcerting) Brain Fog Experiences?

I recently had to drive my husband home after surgery and was so grateful that the hospital was a mere few blocks away from our house. Even so, it was nerve wracking.
  7. belize44

What Are Your Most Amusing (Or Disconcerting) Brain Fog Experiences?

I was being inundated by telemarketers and was furious at being constantly interrupted in whatever I was doing. I had found a script online about how to talk to them; and it instructed me how to ask them for certain information so that I could write a letter asking them to stop calling me. The...
  8. belize44

Crest Syndrome

Has anyone heard of Crest syndrome? As part of Raynaud's? I had a podiatry appointment yesterday and she told me that I have this. I had been experiencing pain in my great toe, there was redness and swelling there, too. Then it started spreading to other toes along with dry cracked skin; this...
  9. belize44

Increase in artificial scents sensitivity - anyone else?

My ring camera chimed, and I noticed the postal person delivering my mail had a large spray bottle in their carrier bag. I saw them use it before they delivered the mail. And, Voila! When I opened my door to pick up the mail, I was engulfed with strong scent. Why on earth is this person scenting...
  10. belize44

I find the scent of vanilla only appealing in edible things. I really dislike it in hygiene products.
  11. belize44

I do find a faint smell of skunk not bothersome at all, but that blast that swept through the house was intense, indeed! And I would rather smell skunk than synthetic stuff any day.
  12. belize44

I took short walk in a local park once and this guy passed me on the trail, leaving behind a veritable cloud of synthetic scent. I nearly gagged! Something about that smell goes down my throat and leaves a taste behind.
  13. belize44

Oh, that would explain a lot! I wish there was something that could be done about it, though.
  14. belize44

We have an air purifier here. But it is still a shame when what is supposed to fresh air is tainted before you can breath it. The other night we had the windows open, and a fan pulling fresh air all through the house. suddenly the house filled up with the smell of a skunk, and we had to shut...
  15. belize44

One more complaint, lol. It is especially maddening when I run a fan in the bedroom window for fresh air and the room fills with the laundry smells of someone on our block.
  16. belize44

Mixed Feelings about Visit

Very good points! I will be so happy to have a clean house, I do know that. Right now it's not even a lick and a promise. Gotta love those cat hair tumbleweeds drifting around! ;) I haven't seen my niece in five years, and that was at her wedding. She had a rough time around then; they hadn't...
  17. belize44

I had to go to a lab to get a blood test. So as soon as I entered the vestibule of the building, I was hit with a wall of artificial scent. It was so thick that I felt suffocated. The fact that this little entry way was enclosed by two outside doors and then with two more to enter the waiting...
  18. belize44

Those are excellent points, BrightCandle. I will keep these in mind as well!
  19. belize44

Fall/winter: Seasonal Affective Disorder: I love it, I hate it

I'm not exactly an athlete either, but in my youth I loved pushing to the limit. I even joined the army reserves for the basic training. I have done lots and lots of walking in my life, mostly from necessity in my hardship years, until I got a car. But I do miss a nice walk in nature.
  20. belize44

Thanks for the thoughtful reply! I used to take such pride in having a clean, ordered house. It is so hard to feel OK about the dust and disorder. Plus there is the added strain of my niece bringing along a perfect stranger. I am sure that she at least understands my limitations and won't...
  21. belize44

My favorite niece wants to come for supper and bring her new boyfriend. I have not seen her for years, and time is precious, as we all know. But I have mixed feelings; this house is not exactly spic and span and I would be ashamed for anyone to come into it, let alone dine here. My husband is 68...
  22. belize44

I totally agree. When we first moved back to PA from FL I welcomed the first cold winter I had experienced, in a long time. We went on a haunted walk, and I donned my long underwear, bundled up and thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. I still remember how exhilarated my body felt, although I...
  23. belize44

I have started to experience SAD, All my life, winter and its early darkness never bothered me, but now it does. I do have 5htp on hand though.
  24. belize44

Recalcitrant Headache

Hi, Judee, thanks for the reply. I would hesitate to ask the doc to switch me back to the Oxycodone because a few months ago I asked to switch to Ultram; then it started giving me flu like symptoms and nausea/vomiting. I wanted to go back on the Oxy but instead, he prescribed the Percocet. I...
  25. belize44

Recalcitrant Headache

For over two weeks, I have had an absolutely horrible headache. Sometimes, it will recede for a couple hours, only to return. It feels at times like a vice on top of my head, then it seems centered behind my eyes, then it extends from the base of my neck over the top of my head. If I so much as...
  26. belize44

You probably have an autoimmune disease...

My reflux comes from a hiatal hernia. Not sure if anything can help with that except surgery, which I can't do.
  27. belize44

Rhodiola Rosea - Mito Protectorant, neuro protectorant

I have found pure Aloe Vera Capsules to be very soothing for I have interstitial as well.
  28. belize44

Rhodiola Rosea - Mito Protectorant, neuro protectorant

This disease is so damned fickle! So many things I have tried and felt a difference, and then for no reason it no longer works.