• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. B

£5K To Go! Invest in ME Research B-Cell/Rituximab Fund

Thanks for this thread Jo. Donated £20 + £5 Gift Aid anonymously :) Should show up in 24 hrs. After the communities' magnificent efforts in funding David Tuller, it would be great if we can get this funded by the end of August! That way we might be ready to go by the time Fluge and Mella...
  2. B

IiME UK Rituximab trials website (2017)

Will think about this. And maybe make a thread or something at the weekend :thumbsup:
  3. B

European ME Alliance AGM 2017

Thanks for the heads up - will have a look when less foggy :)
  4. B

European ME Alliance AGM 2017

Really happy to hear Fluge and Mella will be there :thumbsup: I haven't heard of Ingrid, but if she's part of the Haukeland team then I trust she will be good :) It's great that IinME are providing funding for this
  5. B

IiME UK Rituximab trials website (2017)

I notice that £512,000 out of the £520,000 target has been raised for the UK Rituximab trial. Is it worth running a campaign to raise the other £8,000?
  6. B

White Tongue Discoloration

Looks like lichens planus/ geographic tongue
  7. B

Vote Daily To Help Blue Ribbon Foundation Win $50K For Medical Fellowships For ME

75120 Final vote submitted :nervous::balloons: I enjoyed voting with everyone here, thank you for encouraging each other and making this a fun place to visit. :):thumbsup: Here's hoping Ryan wins! :cocktail::wine::beer:
  8. B

Whey protein powder to address ME/CFS metabolic issues being identified by researchers - which one?

I think people usually mix it with something to hide its flavour. As far as I can tell, it will not affect the efficacy as it is simply protein.
  9. B

Vote Daily To Help Blue Ribbon Foundation Win $50K For Medical Fellowships For ME

74823 Weird to think this is almost over! :eek:
  10. B

Metabolic profiling indicates impaired pyruvate dehydrogenase function in myalgic encephalopathy/CFS (Fluge et al., 2016)

What does everyone think of the potential treatment options suggested in the paper that @Marco posted above? Note: the paper focuses on brain injury, but there may be some things we can apply here...
  11. B

Metabolic profiling indicates impaired pyruvate dehydrogenase function in myalgic encephalopathy/CFS (Fluge et al., 2016)

Yes - in fact, I believe she had a PhD student working on something to do with PDC/PDH in ME/CFS. Gina Rutherford? I think. I didn't really keep up with it, but the project should have finished by now. I'm not sure if any research was published. Primary biliary cirrhosis was mentioned.
  12. B

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate! :thumbsup::balloons: 72966
  13. B

MEA Ramsay Research Fund: Biomarkers and disease activity in people with severe ME/CFS

Thank you for this, it sounds like an excellent study. I hope more of this sort of work will be carried out.