• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Gavman

Anyone used a TENS machine for pain?

From a body therapists perspective.. after using any kind of device like this.. drink lots of water. You've just stirred up toxins in your system and the sooner they pass through you the better you'll feel. It will dehydrate you. As for headache pain.. try loosening up the shoulders first...
  2. Gavman

?

How much longer do I have to suffer?
  3. Gavman

Comment by 'Gavman' in 'My Path - part 2'

My NLP trainer who made it big helping big businesses increase their capital growth.. always said he was lazy and that all that meant was finding the shortest way to a solution. :) I don't think you had much choice on the lazy front.. neither did I, genetically or hereditarily and yet the things...
  4. Gavman

Extremely low IgA anyone?

Apparently it helps push it higher.. the advice is from back a few months ago now but sacc boullardii is used while people are on antibiotics and for travelers diarrhea. But IgA deficiency creates food sensitivity problems.
  5. Gavman

Comment by 'Gavman' in 'Supplements I am considering'

I'm getting an iv drip for b vitamins.
  6. Gavman

Extremely low IgA anyone?

Yeah my doc recommended sacc boullardii for this.
  7. Gavman

If you have Cold Hands & Cold Feet, what helps?

Hypothyroid seems a common finding.. my doctor was telling me how its much more common now so that they lowered the average t3, t4 on the tests.
  8. Gavman

Comment by 'Gavman' in 'So, how disabled am I ???'

Yeah but I bet you could feel helpless better than him? You win! Life makes one feel pathetic at times huh.
  9. Gavman

Overgrowth of good bacteria

Hi, I did a bio screen not long ago and it showed 10x the normal amount of both lacto and bifido strains. As these are good bacteria, my doctor assumed I was a probiotic junky maybe and didn't look further. Someone suggested it is probably SIBO and its not healthy to have that amount. Now I am...
  10. Gavman

Overgrowth of good bacteria

Hi, I did a bio screen not long ago and it showed 10x the normal amount of both lacto and bifido strains. As these are good bacteria, my doctor assumed I was a probiotic junky maybe and didn't look further. Someone suggested it is probably SIBO and its not healthy to have that amount. Now I am...
  11. Gavman

Hobbies

When I'm able I do yoga at the park or teach a couple of mates how to fight boxing/Kickboxing/wrestling. Very hard to do without strength or adrenaline.
  12. Gavman

Bedding and mattresses, do they make a difference?

Above a mattress I'd look at getting rid of any carpet. I moved into a place with floorboards and have so many less allergies. I bought a latex mattress from forty winks, I found a good staff member and told her how crap I'd had it. A soft bed is very important for our magnesium drained bodies...
  13. Gavman

noise

Went to the pub to watch some fights on TV. Had to leave early, I feel very angry and want to yell: Shut up!! at everyone. Becoming a grump..
  14. Gavman

TMG helping a LOT too.

Cacfs, I found this thread after seeing an adhd post about tmg improving catecholamines. I am going to try dosing real low as it does affect me sleeping. I also do well on dopa mucuna. After a stressful incident I started going downhill a lot. I stopped the same to try and sleep and work other...
  15. Gavman

Speech Difficulties

No but chances are if you talk well to friends even when you're low its a nervousness problem. I struggle to say what I want when I can't get the social queues of listening or there's too much noise.
  16. Gavman

macuna dopa , increase dopamine??

Triffid good info - tests show my urea cycle is crap, can't eat meat proteins at all anymore due to that. lll work on methylfolate. I take now foods dopa mucuna and it makes me want to communicate when normally I want to avoid it as besti can. I'm comt+/+ and Mao-a +- but I have been on effexor...
  17. Gavman

Valtrex antiviral in Australia

I saw doctor about getting on valtrex, its $35 on NHS script or $100 a month without. Nothing else has worked and I developed it after kissing a sick woman.. The doctor said if you have genital herpes or a culture showing viral load. Neither are shown. I'm in Australia, does anyone have any advice?
  18. Gavman

Hearing sensitivity?

I was just diagnosed with a bacterial infection in my ear, I get throat culture results back tomorrow. As a major cause of distress in my life - I have had a somewhat deaf mother and brother so it was always jarring when they talked and I wasn't able to think when they talked.. while this is...
  19. Gavman

Anyone mad? Let's let it all out! Grrrrr

Redrachel, think its a meditation on reality thing. The more you reveal of who you are and give yourself the space to be angry or upset and really hear your voice -- the less likely you will work on placating others around you. It takes way to say no and shut up to guilt or if you still have...
  20. Gavman

Anyone mad? Let's let it all out! Grrrrr

The past few months I've gone from decently active back to 80% of my time in bed. And I wish someone would take me out the back and shoot me. I have been meditating and not having any problems dealing with stress.. yet my quality of life is between a 0 and 1. Its very frustrating. I believe the...
  21. Gavman

Stinking smell inside my nose? sinus??

Can anyone else smell it though?
  22. Gavman

Stinking smell inside my nose? sinus??

Undigested food, bad bacteria or nasal infection imo. I smell sulphur a lot -- I seem to dump sulfur when I'm sensitive to something.
  23. Gavman

Breath Test

Sounds like small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (sibo)
  24. Gavman

"An antidote for hypersomnia" - possible PEM clue ?

Some doctors when approached with cfs want to stimulate an energy drained person when the opposite is more likely to help. Those who get over sharp illnesses aggressively rest. The body of one with chronic problems is unable to rest properly and improving that may improve recovery - if it is a...
  25. Gavman

Sensory overload and the holidays - help!

I find with people I have to tell them several times its not that I don't like them or blame then but that I specifically can't handle it. If you yell-talk or keep raising your tone, I can't concentrate and will walk off or be unable to have a relationship with you. If I feel it won't be well...
  26. Gavman

Massive increase in autism rates, 1:35 boys affected

Doing disability care, I'm quite interested in the fact that mothers refuse to brand their children with a diagnosis of even autism, it is an intellectual disability. I understand where they are coming from - doping up kids on antidepressants and adhd meds can cause more difficulty. Guess its...
  27. Gavman

?underlying connective tissue disorder

Meryl, I'm not sure tmg and glycine have the same benefits. Tmg is attached to three methyl groups, dmg to 2. As the standalone glycine as amino acid, I think is more likely to help with connective tissues outside methyl groups. I could be wrong but I found the collagen supplement was great for...
  28. Gavman

Genetic testing accuracy

True Triffid. Though again its circumspect - I showed low levels butyrate and scfa on Oats then high levels on gi panel. High d-arabitinol yet no yeast on gi. Does my head in.
  29. Gavman

Urea Cycle Disorders...adult onset

I have it - unfortunately carbs never treated me well and I don't digest fats properly. Gay. Magnesium deficiency is a potential causal factor, I imagine b vitamins to as per enzymes to break down foods. B vitamins can be manufactured by good bacteria, Esp B12. Whee its like a merry go round.
  30. Gavman

Not absorbing B12

Uno, the main factors would be: 1) basic blood tests are not an accurate measure of b12. If you absorb a nutrient well, it may actually look depleted in serum. 2) that hair mineral analysis is a better diagnostic tool for b12. It shows up as cobalt and if low then check lithium which is required...