• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Abha

OSTEOPOROSIS AND DRUG CHANGES

Hi lenora, Very sorry to read about your health problems including osteoporosis.I have had treatment for parathyroid disease(hyperparathyroidism)by Dr James Norman/team in Tampa, Florida.In my case I had the disease for about 12 years according to Dr Norman and earlier diagnosis would have...
  2. Abha

Brain fog after Covid linked to blood clots - study

Blood clots in the brain or the lungs might explain some common symptoms of "long Covid", including brain fog and fatigue, a UK study suggests. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-66658257 "Study author Dr Max Taquet, from Oxford, said: "Both fibrinogen and D-dimer are involved in blood clotting...
  3. Abha

The Times 9th August 2023: NHS told to stop blaming ME Patients for being ill

Hi Countrygirl, Thanks for posting "The Times" article on ME/CFS.. Re Survey and Delivery Plan do you know if that is for GB only(not Northern Ireland?)? Thanking you,
  4. Abha

Cort Johnson, the Founder of Phoenix Rising, Returns to Lead the Forum!

Welcome back Cort. I was a member of Health Rising too but then I couldnt access it because of sign in issues that I wasn't able to resolve so I just had to be content with the Information found on PR.
  5. Abha

Just a few sprays of a home-made Dr Brewer antifungal nasal spray for nasal mold triggered significant PEM

@hb8847 I used Nystatin powder back in 1980s and I found it helpful with Candida issues then.It was in a powder form.I tried to obtain it again many years later but was unable to do so.What form of Nystatin are you using and where do you obtain it.?..Thanks
  6. Abha

Tips for Finding Reliable Prescription-Free Online Pharmacies

I recieved items from OTC recently(from Russia) and they only took two weeks to reach UK
  7. Abha

Anyone Else Have Brain Damage?

Are you aware of a condition called Hypopituitarism caused by brain injuries.? Lots re this on web and on youtube This condition is poorly diagnosed/not recognised by many doctors.Professor Chris Thompson(Beaumont/Dublin) mentioned some years ago that about 30,000 ME/CFS cases in UK were...
  8. Abha

A Cipher...Those I have seen on the web want payment in Bitcoin or such...That is my problem as I have no Bitcoin Account..
  9. Abha

Where can I buy IRS-19 20ml spray nasal online without paying in bitcoin....and the cheapest postal rates! Thanks...
  10. Abha

Dr Markov CBIS Theory of ME/CFS - General Discussion

HIP.... As as matter of interest, the treatment which finally almost cured my recurrent UTI was silica from horsetail herb (an old Roman treatment for UTIs). After I started taking around 500 mg of horsetail herb daily, eventually after a year my UTI flare ups almost entirely disappeared...
  11. Abha

New Findings: Sarin Gas & Gulf war Syndrome.

Today I heard on Radio 4 (UK)that new research has found a link between Sarin Gas and Gulf war Syndrome. "Sarin gas blamed for Gulf War syndrome"(By Caroline Hawley) Caroline Hawley has written about it here https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-61398886BBC News In the latest study - largely...
  12. Abha

Molnupiravir ,an antiviral drug, is being trialled to treat Covid cases in NI and in Britain.

In Northern Ireland and in Britain the drug Molnupiravir is being used in a study to help those over 50s and younger adults with pr-existing covid conditions.Seemingly 1200 such people in UK(400 plus in NI) are taking part in the trial.Molnupiravir is said to be a potentially life-saving drug...
  13. Abha

The ongoing political problems in Ukraine may have an effect on Dr Markov's Clinic(Treatment)and on delivery servers like UPS/FED X.Any thoughts on this? A locals viewpoint would be good to hear.
  14. Abha

@ Hip....thanks again Hip.I haven't had time to read your Pdf document as yet but, I'm sure it will be of great benefit to me and others.All the best with your own treatment.
  15. Abha

@Hip....I now have a homemade incubator in place.The temperature is about 35.5C so I reckon that should be good enough.I have 10 Dip slides too.Is that all I require? I know you have gone through all of this on various threads so, please excuse my asking. I'm dealing with age, memory problems...
  16. Abha

Thanks for reply and advice.How does one join that Group?Is it on another thread or is it elsewhere?
  17. Abha

I have obtained the Dipslides from Germany a few days ago...still in box.I'm having a basic incubator made(with Temperature to about 37C hopefully)... @Hip or anybody ...... -Should the Dipslides be stored in a certain way(fridge etc...
  18. Abha

Is Apheresis an effective treatment for Long Covid and ME?

@Countrygirl...Re 1980s/90 papers The late Dr Les Simpson(New Zealand) did work on blood(sticky?) in 1980/90s and connections to ME &CFS. .He died in 2015.Here is a link... https://www.investinme.org/ArticleJ21-Role-of-Impaired-Capillary-Bloodflow.shtml Cort Johnson also wrote this... “Sticky...
  19. Abha

This may be of interest on the subject of "Sticky blood."I listened to a programme on sticky blood in past couple of years (probably on Radio 4).I think it had to do with Covid but I can't recall if it was this programme or another one. Anyhow, I found it interesting and informative. BBC Radio...
  20. Abha

@Countrygirl...back in 70s/early 80s when my illness was misdiagnosed and I had a severe Ativan addiction problem which eventually led to me being locked up(poisoned!) .I had a major convulsion at that stage and latter because I had bitten my tongue/mouth severely ,one day after that (in same...
  21. Abha

From the same website, possibly their CLED, MacConkey and Enterococcus triple agar dipslide might be advantageous, since it contains an agar specially for Enterococcus, which is the bacterium that Dr Markov most commonly finds in his CBIS ME/CFS patients. @Hip.....I have just checked the price...
  22. Abha

@Hip Have you(or anyone) personally used this BEG nasal spray?If so did it give any relief....and where did you get it from? I'm enjoying this thread and for some(many?) of us this Dr Markov's protocol may ease our suffering/pain if not cure us..
  23. Abha

Could ME/CFS be a Chronic, Ongoing Brain and Spinal Cord Injury – That is Exacerbated by Exertion?(by Jeff Wood)

Could ME/CFS be a Chronic, Ongoing Brain and Spinal Cord Injury – That is Exacerbated by Exertion?(by Jeff Wood) This article is featured on Health Rising site by Jeff Wood yesterday(11th February,2021).It would answer a lot of questions in my own ME/CFS....and 'm sure in other cases too. In...
  24. Abha

Has anyone had a Covid vaccine yet?

No,I didnt get sick.Today I heard that the Dutch & Irish are not going to use the Astra Zeneca vaccine on those over 65s in line with Italy/Germany/Austria/Poland....also I heard that the Swiss are not going to use it at all.
  25. Abha

Has anyone had a Covid vaccine yet?

I have had the vaccine(Asta zeneca?) this week as I'm in CEV group....also over 65s.I have heard(Euro News that this vaccine is not being given to over 65s in Germany/Austria/Poland...France too? so that is worrying.However, one has no choice so I guess it is better to take it.The new Russian...
  26. Abha

Brain Damage?

I'm not quite sure where to post this but, I have decided to put it here as I have posted on Hypopituitarism/PTHP on this thread in the past. Joanna Lane (MailOnline/May 2014) wrote "Thousands of British patients suffering from chronic pain and fatigue could be misdiagnosed with psychological...
  27. Abha

George Monbiot on Long covid & ME /CFS.

Evening Extra :Radio Ulster January 25th 2021. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000rl7v Presenters:Julie Mc Cullough and Declan Harvey Guest:George Joshua Richard Monbiot is a British writer known for his environmental and political activism.In the discussion on Long Covid George talks...