• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. JohnBit

The "Obama Promise" Fulfilled: Obama Requests NIH Elevate Priority of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

So this then is the president's promise to elevate the priority of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. "I will have the National Institute of Health explain to me what they're currently doing and start seeing if they can do more on this particular ailment."
  2. JohnBit

The "Obama Promise" Fulfilled: Obama Requests NIH Elevate Priority of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

I wish it were that Bob were just unavailable, but I know for a fact that that is not the case. I've been probing for answers from him since his last FB post in early January, as have others.
  3. JohnBit

I guess this confirms what I've come to believe; President Obama never told HHS or NIH to elevate the priority of ME/CFS.
  4. JohnBit

After reading a news story about ME, I was googling, trying to find where President Obama told the HHS and NIH to elevate the priority of ME/CFS. All that searching lead me to here. After reading all of this story, the comments and the referenced letter, I am left with the same unanswered...