• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. C

It's all in the Gut. Why we get ME/CFS

I think basically what you say is true. But I think you can't get an imbalance unless something hits you, such as a virus. Does the virus hit and go and you are left with the imbalance? Don't know. Does the virus stay around so you can't get rid of the imbalance? Don't know. Does the imbalance...
  2. C

Half Dead

Although never tested I believe my wife and I have the X. It hit us in 1988, me first, she eight days later. For ten years we were half dead, getting through jobs and raising kids the best we could. We both had high EBV tieters. Today, we still have it of course, but here is a list of 10...
  3. C

XMRV positive and no Treatment

You can help yourself naturally. Find a Chinatown near you and get acupuncture to treat your immune system. But transfer factor. See if you have a co-infection such as candida and if so treat that, too. You will be 80-90 percent better.
  4. C

anti viral treatment for HHRV6, ebv etc..., could they come back after av treatment?

Can gut candida cause immune disfunction?? Or is it a result of immune disfunction?
  5. C

Antifactors to boost immune system: Ever taken them, or know where to buy them?

I take 6 transfer factor tablets a day. If I go off them? In two days I will feel like _ _ _ _
  6. C

1995 what they knew about virus/retrovirus

That's because you ain't dead, only half dead!
  7. C

Let's talk mushrooms for NK cell function/immunity

Hmmmm, I think I'll give them a try. I hope this isn't just somebody selling stuff to take advantage of sick people. There are a lot of them out there...
  8. C

Herpes Viruses Medications

I've been told that the ovir drugs are harsh and toxic and to avoid them at all costs. My advice to you is to find a Chinatown near you and start getting acupunture treatments. They will help you much more than the drugs. I have to get the treatments every three weeks and if I don't all of the...
  9. C

Antidepressants Increase Natural Killer Cell Activity

I take 50 mgs of amitriptyline each night at bedtime. If I don't take it I have numerous sleep interuptions and the next day I feel like _ _ _ _
  10. C

High impact exercise reverses damage to mitochondia?

High Impact Exercisse High impact exercise is difficult for people with the x virus. I run on a treadmill and if I go overboard I pay for in with severe sleep intruptions and extreme fatigue over the next couple of days.
  11. C

Has acupuncture helped?

For 12 years I was half dead from this x virus. When I found acupuncture it changed my life. It doesn't make me 100 percent, but close. Tell your acupuncturist to treat your immune system. Mine uses 22 needles from my feet to my chest. I have to get it every three weeks because it wears off. I...