• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. C

B-right

Thanks, I know b-right was taking off the protocol but I still have 1/2 a bottle so I thought I would just finish it. I don't think I have a problem with folic acid. I have been trying to figure this b12 thing out for long years now. To honest the only vit/sup. that I have taken that made a...
  2. C

B-right

I have not posted here in awhile, but I have one question. Is is normal to get a nician rush from taking one B-right on an empty stomach? My skin was bright red and very itchy and hot.
  3. C

Results from my methylation treatment - week by week

The potassium gluconate that I have is 550mg. But on the back of the bottle it says "Potassium (from 550mg Potassium Gluconate) 90mg. Does this mean its only 90mg of Potassium? Freddd you have asked me to fill out your questionair but you have not sent it yet. Is it finished?
  4. C

Who has developed a bloodhound sense of smell since getting CFS?

For what it's worth....I use to have a nose like a bloohound before I found out my B12 was low. After I started taking methly b12 subs. My sense of smell returned to normal. Maybe this was just coincidence.
  5. C

Come one Come all.... help me with my memory problem!

I have the same problem so I am waiting to hear other suggestions. I work so hard, I am an occupational therapist at a school for children with developmental delays. I am exhuasted and brain dead by the time I get home and then starts my second job (mom and wife)! I read and read and...
  6. C

Vitamin D level and Immune System

I had my vitamin D tested about 8months ago and it came back at a level of 10. My doctor was shocked it was so low an dthought for sure this would be the anwer for many things including my mucle weakness and fatigue. I got it up to 32 and I have not noticed any differenc. Someone told me that...
  7. C

Muscle weakness and endurance: Solved (i hope)

Yes, Freddd I would like help. I have been at this for 5 years with the methly b12. I tried alot of your suggestions form wrong diag. forum. At one time or another I have tried all the co-factors maybe the only one I have not tried is TMG? I have to go to work now. I will try and go...
  8. C

I thought I answered this last night but I see it did not post for some reason. Yes Ocean, I do have muscle loss. My family has good muscle tone, geneticaly. My legs and arms always looked like I worked out even though I did not. Now my legs (thighs) look like jello with know defination.
  9. C

I wish I would have some kind of reaction. I have been taking methly b12 adb12 and methlyfolate (and other cofactors)for over a year. I could take 6 caps of Jarrow l-carnitine fumarate and not feel anything. Muscle weakness (like my arms feel to heavy to lift and not being able to make it up...
  10. C

Ways to get sleep. Methods, drugs, everything.

I am not sure if this is works better or not but on another forum there was a person who seemed to know alot about melatonin. (I do not take it) She said it works best at smaller doses like 1-3mg. Other peoplr responded and said it worked better that way too. Also go to sleep as soon as you...
  11. C

B2 I love you!

This is interesting to me. Last time I had a blood test the dr. told me my iron saturation was only around 12%. I use to have nice long finger nails. For at least the last 5 years they have flattened out and little dents in them. I pointed this out to my dr. but he was not concerned about...
  12. C

Let's talk Mucous

Thanks for this. My Mother had HP and had to take some heavy duty antibiotics to get rid of it. Then after that she ended up getting ericulosis (from a tick bite). She has had som many problems Iam beginning to think she did not get rid of the HP. From what I read here it seems it not that...
  13. C

Let's talk Mucous

I have had this same problem with muous for years. About a year ago I was scoped and the dr. said that I had an ulcer that must of healed itself. I was not postive for H-pylori or anything else, although he thought I had a lot of diverticulie for somone my age (45). Last few days I stopped...
  14. C

Anyone noticed a link to ability to focus your eyes?

Thanks for the answer. I have a low b12 but I don't think my b2 has ever been tested. Recently (the last year) I have had blood test (CBC) and my WBC and RBC have been below normal range. Maybe the reason is low b2. The doctor was not concerned. I was though. 3.2 seems low for WBC for no...
  15. C

Why is the dosage of vitamin B12 so high for ME/CFS treatment?

I would love to have a hair analysis done. Where would I go for this? and about how much would it cost?
  16. C

jarrow's methyl b12- unable to tolerate

I just wanted to say thanks Freddd, b12 fusion works just fine. I can put a few at a time unerd my tongue and know burning. I just wish they made it in 5000mcg.
  17. C

I started taking the Solgaar Folate 800MCG. Not even two days later I got a sore at the corner of my mouth. I thought that this was a sign of deficiency? I am confused now. I have not had one of these sores in a long time.
  18. C

Freddd, I looked up enzymatic therapy methyl b12 on Iherb and the only one they show is called b12 fusion and its chewable. Is this the one you are talking about?
  19. C

Thanks for the answers. I am taking all the other necessary co-factors. I am gong to try your test with the metafolin. I think this may be a problem for me as well. I was able to take country Life's adb12 without any irritation. So I recently tried taking 2 a day. I ended up with sores at...
  20. C

Hi everyone, I am unable to tolerate sub. methyl b12. When I put it under my tongue it burns and leaves a sore behind. I have tried it many times hoping I would just get used to it but it irritates my mouth no matter what. I tried putting it under my lip above my front teeth. That is even...