• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. T

B-12 - The Hidden Story

yep, I agree re the B1 and not taking potassium indiscriminately..at least for me and some others. I had to inject B1 after I started on B12 for a while. others have recovered from fatigue also this way..but it does seem far rarer than B12 deficiency, and it wasnt the full answer for me either...
  2. T

Would someone help me with my mutational interpretation?

Hi Rich, so where does the sulfur , alkaline urine mentioned in no 11 of one of your posts come into this cycle? I had that in 2005, and around when taking a lot of B12 I think(but cant be 100% sure as of now)- I googled some old chats I had stored, but will have to go thru to see if I...
  3. T

RBC folate- is this just the l-5-MTHF inside the red blood cell? OR...

m Rich any idea of what the RBC folate blood test does actually measure, beside the folate inside the blood cells? i had thought it was ONLY 6S-5-MTHF but it may be the 6R type as well or folinic or folic acid or dihydrofate or every type...?? Wondering if high in RBC folate means high in...
  4. T

anticipating headaches on methylation protocol - suggestions please

I thought those migraines around my period were related to the change in progesterone levels (progesterone which probably went too high compared to the estriol or estradiol or various estrogen levels) dropping rapidly usually before period...but could be rising too rapidly after day 14 ..or...
  5. T

RBC folate- is this just the l-5-MTHF inside the red blood cell? OR...

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone knows when I get a blood test for RBC folate and serum folate (which are the 2 I get in Oz) what exactly is measured? I understand but could be worng, that RBC folate is inside the blood cells and Serum is outside the red blood cells. But is the RBC folate...
  6. T

The 3 Ps A Closer Look at the Middle One

My husband eats routinely cooked(as in a porridge ) cornmeal or cooked rolled brown rice flakes for brekkie. They last him til lunchtime (he is off gluten, has been eating this for over ten years with rice milk). cooked I know. I eat either cooked(as in porridge) or uncooked rolled oats(as in...
  7. T

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Just one spoonful of lecithin (amt can vary from teaspoon to dessertspoon) on my brekkie of rolled oats(usually with linseeds,yoghurt,couple of walnuts,macadamia nuts, occasionally a brazil nut or two and some cashews etc),small amt of fruit or some sultanas, currants etc.(prefer...
  8. T

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Hi H4house, I know nothing about any of this...I just read on here a post yesterday about the Histrelief(sorry I couldnt find that post agin and forgot the name of the product) ..by someone who said they were a lot better after being on a trial of it, but mentioned it not being generally...
  9. T

Rash/Lesion Start Up From Methylation Protocols

Laurie, are you saying here the rash came on with hydroxy B12 ? ie B12 seems to be causing a histamine reaction? Kerrilyn seems to be saying it was B12 (happened firtst when took a tad more-both Adb12 and Methylb12 togethr, which may have raised thje histamine level suffucently to get a...
  10. T

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Thanks Rich, I edited my post above slightly to make it a bit clearer for anyone reading. Thanks for perservering to read and help. I was reading that B12 and folate both RAISE histamine, so wondered if I had a histamine reaction , and, if so , is that why I have had problems taking B12 and...
  11. T

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Hi Rich, The issue with TMG you have noted here, does this mean we should not take TMG? and isn't that in you protocol re the actifolate? I'm getting confused here...and that is too easy:) What you say above sounds like it may apply to me, and so far the once or perhaps twice I have...
  12. T

Nitric Oxide, Peroxynitrite, and the Impairment of Mitochondrial Replication in CFS

An order from iherb with Metafolin(l-5-mthf) arrived yesterday. my blood RBC- folate level is always high(1900molar units last test, usually with no supps over 1250), but when Iwoke up as usual about 4am and thought I'd trial a little of the Metafolin. I took just 1/8th tablet (100mcg of...
  13. T

Simplified Methylation Protocol Revised as of Today

Hi Rich, What does the lecithin do ? or is it writen up anywhere? i've looked but can't find anything, and I've forgotten. I added it in last week again and my tingling has gone and anxiety lessened (but I also added in DHEA just before that and that seemed to help too, and I stopped most of...
  14. T

vasoconstriction/vasodilation

Hi Rich, I know nitric oxide and vasodilation have something to do with me too..and the hydorxocobalamin affects it too. I seem to have a partial DI as well...zero ADH on testing (cant get below 6L per day and that is very thirtly and kidneys showing signs of being dehydrated by eGFR test low)...
  15. T

Folic acid and folinic acid can block metafolin inducing deficiency called "ddtox"

Hi Anne, If you are going well, that's the main thing:) , and it seems your not consistent with these studies? I edited this post above...
  16. T

Nitric Oxide, Peroxynitrite, and the Impairment of Mitochondrial Replication in CFS

I threw out my 5-MTHFR folate AND the folinic acid tablets. Here's why. http://tealady-health.blog.co.uk/2011/05/24/folate-racemic-mthfr-and-folinic-may-be-dangerous-11203372/ My blood test results after about 6 of the 5-MTHFR tablets over 2 mths showed RBC folate had risen from the above...
  17. T

Time release (slow release) with Methocel e4M http://www.dr-bob.org/cgi-bin/pb/mget.pl?post=/babble/20030828/msgs/255832.html 3rd post down re time released at a compounding pharmacy (sugars like lactose increase speed of release, carbs like rice flour release speed slower, all mthocel...
  18. T

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/showthread.php?10907-Nitric-Oxide-Peroxynitrite-and-the-Impairment-of-Mitochondrial-Replication-in-CFS/page7 my post no 61 may give you a start on the literature
  19. T

Its been many years since I looked at HC.. but I just googled and found a bit I looked it and I'll copy it here "Ved HS, et al. > > http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?db=PubMed&cmd=Retrieve&list_uids=2473427&dopt=Abstract > > Effect of hydrocortisone on myelin basic protein in...
  20. T

thanks Fredd, I posted a message re folic acid and some studies for your consideration on the other forum but I dont think it made it thru moderation as yet. I'm "lost"re folic acid and undecided, mainly as I've no idea what chemicals they are giving us! I think maybe brewers yeast is OK? I'll...
  21. T

Folic acid and folinic acid can block metafolin inducing deficiency called "ddtox"

That leg pain maye low thiamin in shins especially.. or a really "heavy" feeling in lower legs like they are sinking or pain in shin bones? only mention as B12 depletes thiamin..and some peoples mulits here are only using thismin nitrate..(and that doesnt work for many as nitrate depletes the...
  22. T

Hi Anne, just reading thru this thread AGAIN...I've a poor memory!! I'm up to forgetting what i read alsmost 2 days ago, or sometimes seconds ago.. I think I can still reason at times at least until I forget where I'm up to in my train of thought anyway- I'm also looking for a good multi to...
  23. T

Yes just avoiding works its a cumulative level in blood Yes, I just avoided eating large amounts of nirtates/nitrites and avoided the dental anesthetic and no more blue (excepting perhaps that hydroxocob. reminds me of a les intense reaction for some reason). I'll have a look tomoroww, and...
  24. T

FREDD - questions re BP and potassium

OK, Its me with anxiety issue sagin I guess. This is what I (and another friend have learned over the years).I just would like to add that there IS a danger withtoo MUCh potassium as wellas too little. Potassium is needed to get magnesium into the cells. It controls heart function (like the...
  25. T

Hi Hip, I've been browsing on here and fiddling with all of this for about a decade or so, still not "fixed" or understood..but a couple of points 1. Is there anywhere that you got that high cortisol causes high RT3, as I doubt it meself from experience. I wouold think maybe whetever caused...