• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. T

Improved (5yr)-sometimes dont notice it -now new baseline

I have not posted here for awhile. Have seen improvement from my baseline symptoms (fatigue, headaches, bloating, vision problems, cognitive difficulties, weakness, autonamic disfunction, reflux, sleep apnea, etc). Several attempts to improve these initially had very little results, until this...
  2. T

Comment by 'ty98' in 'Symptoms of dopamine dysfunction'

I have read that Wellbutrin does hope a little with dopamine. The dopamine I was getting was through a integrative Dr. I took 2 x 300 mg per day. That was one of the steps that made me look further into dopamine. There is also a Dr. Hinz that uses Mucuna P. for increasing dopamine. His lab...
  3. T

Comment by 'ty98' in 'Symptoms of dopamine dysfunction'

Interesting that there is not more discussion on dopamine. It is one of the neurotransmitters that is not well treated, especially for depression. Most antidepresants do not help much with dopamine. I did about a year of self treatment that focused on increasing dopamine. THis included high...
  4. T

The sleep switch: hypothalamic control of sleep and wakefulness

OK, I am taking this off the list of helpful supplements. I started Modafinil which seemed to have some benefits, but shortly after made things worse. I stuck with it for 4 rough days and decided it was not working. It had some bad mental effects and made me feel more ill.
  5. T

The sleep switch: hypothalamic control of sleep and wakefulness

Just started to try modafinil (provigil). My neurologist who specialized in cerebralu vascular has seen two of my brain MRIs and believes there could be some issue with my hippocampus. He really does not know that it will help, but having just tried it this week, it is making some small...
  6. T

ME-CFS-Autism

I have been using alot of the autism research, studies and treatment to better understand cfs. They do have the same similarities in alot of ways, just that autism is address at the youth stage and cfs is an adult stage. I kind of see the stress put on the body caused by autism may effectively...
  7. T

S-adenosyl-methionine and betaine improve early virological response

I have had some benefits from SAMe and neurotransmitter supplement therapy. It makes sense when you look at methylation.
  8. T

Article: Mikovits Era at WPI Ends - The WPI Makes the Right Move In Letting Chief Researcher Go: An

I have been very remote to this CFS study, but felt that science just needed time to prevail. I feel the HOPE that we can have here for a cure. Anyone who is a suffer and surviving every day with CFS has a path like no others. Our stories need to be shared with others like us. Really, it is...
  9. T

interesting link about hormones and neurotransmitters

You have presented a topic that has been one of the areas I personnaly have tried to improve. I have stumble upon some benefits from trying diifferent hormones. There is a difference between hormones and steriods. Steriods also help with relief of symptoms, but I also had some good results...
  10. T

Anyone else improve at certain times?

I had my cortisol tested. It was Ok in the morning and noon, but low in the evening and night. This is almost opposite of how I feel, which is really bad usually in the morining. So there is some lagging energy recovery occuring.
  11. T

Magnesium and methylation

Getting back on this a little late. I wanted to add some of my experience here since this is a good topic for CFS. I had my aminos tested in 2010 and my methionine urine result was 4, normal range is 38 to 210. Methionine uses creatine and others in synthesis, but explains why my creatine has...
  12. T

Magnesium and methylation

I have worked on some of the same process of trying high amount of amino acids that help the methylation. I have had good results, but I waiting to make more improvements to it. Disruptions in the amino biosythesis can lead to many bodily problems. I had several clues here including abnormal...
  13. T

It's all in the Gut. Why we get ME/CFS

Reading this a little late, but I am new here. I have been studing the gut as the source for my CFS for sometime. I have learned alot about autism and from people that I personnaly know. I am to the point that I am convinced the gut is a major contributor. I have worked with anti fungial...