• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. R

I have no Molybdenum

Hi Tania I don't have CFS, though I share a number of common symptoms, yet I also showed VERY low Mo on my Interclinical hair test. It was my only mineral marked low, though Ca, Mg and Co only just escaped being marked low. In the ratios, my Zn/Cu was also low, but also - curiously - Na/K...
  2. R

Cobalamin review paper - Advances in the Understanding of Cobalamin Assimilation

This paper is interesting. I read it a few months back while trying to understand how B12 is absorbed into cells by diffusion. I have drawn a blank trying to uncover research which examines the extent to which unbound B12 passes into cells by diffusion in vivo. Even in vitro, I am aware...
  3. R

Mercury fillings

Hi Freddd No, I didn't have a general anesthetic, and if I do I tell the anesthetist that I am allergic to nitrous oxide (not quite true, but close enough). There seem to be so many unknowns when it comes to mercury that I am inclined to disregard the potential risk of methyl-mercury. I think...
  4. R

Mercury fillings

Thanks, Anne, for those references and your summary of the protocol. Is there a more detailed summary of the Cutler protocol somewhere? I plan to buy his book, but that will take time to arrive and read. Cheers
  5. R

Dr. David W. Gregg, Ph.D. has died.

That's very sad, Rich. I came across Gregg's article on DMSO & B12 about a year ago, and I was immediately taken by the creativity of his thinking, his clarity of expression, and his willingness to experiment on himself. I am not surprised that his Cold War suggestions got short thrift in the...
  6. R

Methylation protocol and glutathione

Thank you, Rich, for patiently explaining the ideas behind your protocol. It's given me much food for thought. I'm not sure how many people would be taking "both methylfolate and methylcobalamin at dosages in the several milligrams per day range". I myself am taking 800mcg methylfolate and...
  7. R

Mercury fillings

Last year my dentist suggested that I replace most of my mercury fillings and existing crowns with porcelain crowns. The fillings were getting old; some were causing their teeth to fracture; some had decay underneath; and new decay needed to be attended to. Last week I felt well enough to...
  8. R

Methylation protocol and glutathione

Hi Rich Is it the use of MeB12 instead of (say) HydroxoB12 that most concerns you, or the size of the dosage, or its sublingual intake, or all three combined? I believe that Dr Neubrander got good results with autistic children using subcutaneous MeB12 shots every day or every second or third...
  9. R

Alternative Ways of Administering High Dose Vitamin B12

Hi Freddd I wonder to what extent sublingual absorption would be affected by reduced acidity. By increasing the pH from 3.4 stepwise up to pH 9 there is a gradual decrease in buccal absorption and also uptake into buccal mucosal cells. Vitamin C is only 13.7% ionized at pH 3.4 but over 99.99%...
  10. R

B12 Deficiency vs Dependency

I would very much like to believe this. I feel uneasy at having to rely on B12 pills indefinitely. But Dr Joseph Chandry, with 30 years of treating B12 deficiency (admittedly on a restricted protocol), believes that Dr Chandry does not spell out the precise nature of the damage, and I...
  11. R

It's all in the Gut. Why we get ME/CFS

My CFS-like symptoms began with gut-dysfunction. But they were not relieved by dietary changes or probiotics but by B12 therapy. There are more neurons in the gut than in the brain - see for example http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=gut-second-brain I think, at least in my...