• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. GaryK

Nature Article Uses ME/CFS to Examine The Microgenderome

My Immunologist said she had a patient that eats sauerkraut Every day (a Bowl of it) They seem to think this is doing their gut well. I do see this as you may need to do a lot more dosage per day if the gut is in desperate need of repair . My Immunologist suggested a book to read on this...
  2. GaryK

Sleep quality and the treatment of intestinal microbiota imbalance in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome...

My Immunologist Recommended this Book to me called Brain Maker Author is a Neurologist. This Book relates to what is being talked about in this thread. I'm up to page 98 so I haven't drawn total conclusions on the whole book. He talks about fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome in an early...
  3. GaryK

Lyme Disease: CDC FAQs

There are plenty Patient/Scientist in our community here. One comes to mind on top is Dr. Eva Sapi. Just for starters. These people can easily be that 1/3 representing Patient group. Problem solved! Gary
  4. GaryK

University of New Haven professor’s research focuses on ‘horrible’ Lyme disease (Sapi)

wow , This is a real eye opener from another researcher speaking out on the misguided attitudes of Panelist on the IDSA. It's great to see some of the positive research going on in-spite of the IDSA. Gary
  5. GaryK

Sunday Telegraph article on lyme

Sian Thanks for being very brave. It's not easy to put yourself out in the public! Gary
  6. GaryK

Chief executive post for new Lyme charity advertised

I hope he knows his enemies and keeps them at short distance! I really like this guy. Gary
  7. GaryK

National Welsh newspaper prints my Lyme story

I think your very Brave too Justy! I live in an area here in Canada that is so bad with ticks it has become common place to see them on people and animals all the time. Our Government does little for this too. Medically they only test for ONE strain of bacteria. So many are testing Negative...
  8. GaryK

Comment by 'GaryK' in 'I'm vandwelling/homeless but I'm still here'

Dainty I remember the things you did for us here at PR and I was in awe of you then but now you are my hero for sure I agree with andypandy that your name here does belay you for sure . Know I'm thinking of you Dainty and glad your dating again. Gary
  9. GaryK

Presentation from one of the Vancouver clinic doctor

Katie I would venture to say it's the same with most Canadian doctors from the east coast to west coast. Here in Ontario they think it's all bunk and do little to no testing. Bingo on the lack of knowledge of function of natural killer cells. Gary
  10. GaryK

Bartonellosis

Merylg I Loved this Lecture! a Brilliant man. I hope he gets more funding.
  11. GaryK

New Court Case: Mikovits v. Whittemore Peterson Institute, The

I could not agree more Kina Well said!
  12. GaryK

Genes in ME Convergent genomic studies identify association of GRIK2 & NPAS2 with CFS

Alex I agree with your line of thinking its a funtional % of these Genes not working properly that could very well be the issue and not look at it as an It works or it doesnt work Senario. I think we see this in "The Mitochondral System.
  13. GaryK

Canada: LDF $304k to look at tissue and fluid from other patients with Lyme similar symptoms

And Ontario is hot bead for Exreme population of ticks in Canada. I wish queens park would get it together! I mean I don't see poor Canadians flying to BC for treatment. Gary K
  14. GaryK

Update on Alex3619: in hospital but doing well

I second what you you said so well sushi! write when you can Alex...Your post are always important to me Gary K
  15. GaryK

Don't know what to do, need help!

sounds just like me for many years and I'm always much more sadened when younger people get this. It is so hard at the best of times to cope but not imposible. your tinitis is getting worse you say? Any Chronic sinis infection? These two symptoms are what it all cropped to the surface and got...
  16. GaryK

Eleanor Stein et al How to Improve Therapeutic Relationships between ME patients and practitioners

Elenor Stein goes against the clique of Psychiatry. I have felt she is on our side all the way and works to separate typical Psychiatry takes on ME vs Depression based patients. In other words she weeds out the Bunk that we hear all the time from the Psychiarty Docs.and reseach coming from...
  17. GaryK

Detecting the shape of red blood cells

very interesting thanks dmbaken :)
  18. GaryK

Is ME due to Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome "stretchy veins"

Thank you Allyson for all your hard work here I have found this whole thread very interesting. Tip my hat to you and I really had thought quite a bit about your long Air plane trip when it first started for you and this made a lot of sense to me and made me think of Dysautonomic reasons we all...
  19. GaryK

Maes paper on autoantibodies in ME/CFS and depression

Thanks Alex a Very interesting take on this paper. Thanks for your take and thoughts on this subject too always enjoy your thoughts and Ideas Alex:)
  20. GaryK

No serological evidence for a role of HHV-6 infection in chronic fatigue syndrome ?!

Thanks Alex I look forward to reading this information and work . Gary K
  21. GaryK

No serological evidence for a role of HHV-6 infection in chronic fatigue syndrome ?!

Alex I am very interested in this line of thinking it really starts to make sense. If you could point me in the right direction for lerners info on herp viruses I would be greatful...thank you Gary K
  22. GaryK

Epstein–Barr virus infection induce chronic fatigue syndrome

Thanks Eco a very interesting read!
  23. GaryK

Thank you card for Ian Lipkin

thank you for this wonderful Idea Simon :) I signed and I hope many others do here. GaryK
  24. GaryK

Article: Unstable At the Core? NCF Funds Cutting-Edge ME/CFS Gene Study

Thanks Cort, very interesting studies and information. Also under Dr. Englander in NY another researcher Eric Shaudt Phd. is looking at genomic systems as well using cutting edge technologies to see the systems involved with our disease.
  25. GaryK

Comment by 'GaryK' in 'Mini Rant on People Who Think They KNOW Everything'

Thanks for sharing this story that happened to you. I learned a lot from what you mentioned here about thyroid issues. Thanks again I've always wondered if I had Hashimotos but my doc wont test me for it.. I do have wheat allergy though... very interesting indeed. Gary
  26. GaryK

Downregulation of APOBEC3G by XMRV in Prostate Cancer Cells

yes Jemal That would have been Levy that was saying that at the webnar for the blood group studies results. Very interesting and telling find Jemal.. ty:)
  27. GaryK

Dr. Oz new Share Care Website

dreambirdie, Wow that's so neat that you were the one behind the Dr. Oz segment on me/cfs and xmrv. I saved a copy from youtube back in 2009 and have it on my hard drive. One Question, Was'nt Dr.Donnica a spokesperson for WPI? In the segment she is introduced as some sort of connection to WPI.
  28. GaryK

Judy Mikovits has been arrested

:Retro eek: where did you hear that Barb?? wow now that just makes the story more interesting, does'nt it? yikes!!!:cheshire:
  29. GaryK

Xpr1 is an Atypical G-protein Coupled Receptor that Mediates Xenotropic and ...

absolutly brilliant work !! I've been interested in the behaviours of Xpr1 for some time now. Would you also say that the mechanism looks like a form/type of auto immunity as seen in MS? As well heart felt thanks for all your hard work for all who worked on this project.:)