• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. S

Love Is Here

holy crowbar (extreme expletive) what an account. what an incredibly evocative account. infinite pain. one needs surcease. i hear you. salome
  2. S

Gentle exercise, stretches, and similar ways of relieving muscle pain or keeping mobi

magnesium oil it has been helping me with pain. i recommend trying it. i've read general population is deficient in magnesium for many many reasons. that taking capsules/pills doesn't make up the deficit. applying the mag oil gets it into the system. i had to order magnesium oil...
  3. S

Help with weight loss - what works?

i went to FAIR (Food Addicts in Recovery) for 3 months and dropped a lot of weight. but you say you just can't lose weight no matter what. how frustrating. FAIR was good because of accountability factor. there's a sponsor. food is planned and written down for each day. it's very low carb...
  4. S

I Just Had Blood Drawn For the Montoya Study

i've been recently tested in Palo Alto for Dr. M's study 10 vials of blood did me in! the next day, down i went for a week. gums looked white. i was out of commission. i believe i got anemic on top of cfids. Jane Norris told me she had sung Beatles' songs with someone! i brought a book...
  5. S

I Just Had Blood Drawn For the Montoya Study

also had the 10 vials of blood drawn for Dr. Montoya study that's a lot of blood! i went down the next day for a week. got very weak and couldn't function. felt anemic. looked anemic (white-ish gums) i pulled back out of the collapse and returned to normal state, but it took a week; a weak...
  6. S

EFT Therapy: Pro or Con?

EFT & moi - pro comments i've had cfids for over 10 years with many accompanying and ongoing symptoms. became aware of EFT in 2009. downloaded free manual and started tapping. had two sessions with practitioner. bought Gary Craig's EFT course (hours and hours of videos). i get amazing...
  7. S

What do you do when you crash?

i have my blue Couch of Perfection that i subside on regularly. i must get horizontal when the plug gets pulled. i experience sensory overload easily and down i go. my overload can be physical, emotional, mental.. i can tell because distortions start to occur- a reaction starts- a feeling of...