• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. D

Has anyone here got Small Fiber Neuropathy? - Question

Hi, I have SFN too. Wich supplements do you use for your SFN ? Thanks Daniele
  2. D

Hydroxocobalamin and erectile dysfunction

Good morning Pyrrus, sorry for my insistence...just wanted to know if what you explained me is valid even if I saw decreasing NO level in my blood by testing ...after taking Hydroxocobalamyn
  3. D

Thanks, but if Hydroxocobalamyn scavenges Nitric oxyd in the blood , means that interact with other molecules and so may worse erectile function ?
  4. D

Hi, didn't understant so much...Hydroxocobalamyn decreased my NO blood value (tested with bood exam). So if nitric oxyd is important for erection...why sould not impact ? Thanks Daniele
  5. D

Good morning, since Hydroxocobalamyn is a nitric oxyd scavenger, could get erectile dysfunction worse? Thanks Daniel
  6. D

Plasma Methionine vs Sam/Sah

Anybody could answer ? (
  7. D

Plasma Methionine vs Sam/Sah

good morning , Is plasma mehionine as good indicator of methylation as Sam/Sah ratio ? Thanks Daniele
  8. D

Colostrum Maf

Thanks, do you think colostrum maf can be taken also on other day or 2-3 days ? In that way I can avoid to divide capsules ....
  9. D

Colostrum Maf

Thanks Hip , But how can i conserve the powder that i extract from capsules in your opinion ? And you think i could trust in the following brand much cheaper ? http://www.gcmafproducts.com/about.html
  10. D

Colostrum Maf

Colostrum Maf is totally different. It has a lot of GcMaf inside.... Read the 2 links in my previuous message
  11. D

Colostrum Maf

No other opinions about Colostrum Maf ?
  12. D

Colostrum Maf

Hi, Anyone's has tried colostrum maf ? Read this http://www.openaccessjournals.com/peer-review/development-of-colostrum-maf-and-its-clinical-application.html It seems very good There is a cheaper and stronger producer but I worry bout the 200 ng in each caps...
  13. D

Oral Colostrum Macrophage-activating Factor for Serious Infection and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: Thre

Hi, Anyone's has tried colostrum maf ? Read this http://www.openaccessjournals.com/peer-review/development-of-colostrum-maf-and-its-clinical-application.html It seems very good There is a cheaper and stronger producer but I worry bout the 200 ng in each caps...
  14. D

Can Overmethylation induce Parkison ?

Hi, I'm 42 y.o. man with small fiber neuropathy. I stasted the active b12 protocol to increase my methylation (I'm MTHFR eterozygote) but my neurological pain symptoms got worse. This can be for nerve healing but I heard that overmethylation can induce Parkison and I'm very wotty about that...
  15. D

P5P sublingual ? @Fredd

Good morning, I have small fiber neuropathy. I don't understant why there is focus on taking B12 sublingually and not the others B vitamins. In particular P5P , why is suggested to take it by normal pills ? Thanks Daniele
  16. D

Heterozygous for A1298C and methylcobalamin

Hi, I read this interesting blog http://drfairchild.blogspot.it/2013/10/mthfr.html?m=1 and my attention was on that point: " MTHFR 677 measures: Avoid folic acid. Use L methylfolate (metafolin) or folinic acid instead, N acetyl cysteine, SAMe, and B12 (methylcobalamin or hydroxocobalamin or...
  17. D

L methylfolate (metafolin) vs 5-methyltetrahydrofolate (5-MTHF)

Hi, yes this sounds good ))) i think is correct...thanks I think i have to use hydroxicobalamin instead methylcobalamin if i want to decrease my NO level....this is what martin pall protocol says..
  18. D

Peroxynitrite is just the reaction between nitric oxyd and superoxyde. I thing is difficoult methylfolate can increase nitric oxyd and decrease peroxynitryte at the same time.... P.S i made plasma exams and i have very high values of nitric oxyd and peroxynitrite...and low values of active folates..
  19. D

So why in this post dr lynch says (at point 3) that methylfolate increase nitric oxyd instead scavenge it ? http://mthfr.net/methylfolate-side-effects/2012/03/01/ Also Martin Pall talks about 5-MTHF (witout L) when he suggests supplement for scavenging peroxynitrite. This is his suggested...
  20. D

Hi, I read this interesting blog http://drfairchild.blogspot.it/2013/10/mthfr.html?m=1 and my attention was on that point: " MTHFR 677 measures: Avoid folic acid. Use L methylfolate (metafolin) or folinic acid instead, N acetyl cysteine, SAMe, and B12 (methylcobalamin or hydroxocobalamin or...
  21. D

Can Gene Mutation Change After Birth?

I mean any genes that can be just switched off without mutation of code.. And Hereditary mutations can be reversed ? I think if one piece is missing can't be repaired, is it correct ?
  22. D

So epigenetics can't be inherited ? I was thinking the contrary...
  23. D

But...in simple words..a gene mutation can be reversed or only a bad expression of gene can be reversed ? Thanks
  24. D

L-Carnitine Fumarate

Hi, i read that L acetyl carnitine in the only form that cross the brain barrier. Is it true ? I'm assuming the fumarate form from Dr. Best as suggested by Freed but I would like to know if what i wrote is true. I would like also know if the fumarate form can help for production of...
  25. D

New info from Ben Lynch - Preventing Methylfolate Side Effects

Hi, anyboby tested the seeking health supplements of Dr. Lynch regarding methylfolate and methylcobalamin ? Thanks Daniele
  26. D

Methylation for babies ?

Hi all, I just would like to know what to do when someones with mthfr problems born child ... I think should be good to test baby for mthfr and maybe supplement with some folates. But how can be possible when baby has just some months ? Anyones had any experience ? Thanks Daniele
  27. D

Oral tea tree oil

Hi, I have fibromyalgia and I assume oral caps of tea tree oil sometimes (80 mg/day) and I see is greit natural antibiotic. This plus probiotic keep very good my gut but I'm worried of possible autoimmune reactions. Do you know if this is possible ? Thanks Daniele
  28. D

b12 to folate ratio?

Thanks a lot Peter, do you know if does exist a supplement with 3 mg of methylfolate ? Or I have to useonly morer tablet of 800 mcg ?
  29. D

b12 to folate ratio?

Hi, but what is the best advise for not incurring in methyl trap or other folates deficiences. If I take the 1,25 B12/folate ratio of Dr. Lynch and I want to move from this ratio...better increase B12 of methylfolate ? Possible there nothing about this and only try ?? Thanks
  30. D

High dose of methylcobalamin without folate ?

Thank you Penny, your experience is very precious for me. So you started metylfolate with 20 mg of methylcobalamin inside..... and how slow did you reach 20 mg ? And after, in witch way you started methylfolate and how slow did you increase it and till witch dose ? Thanks a lot Daniele