• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. therron

Methylation Start-up With Hypokalemia and Paradoxical Folate Insufficiency

Thanks Freddd. I'll check into Enzymatic Therapy. I have stayed off of Internet research for about the past 6 months, so I'm a bit behind. As you know, I always proceed verrrrryyyyyy slowly, so you are right about my healing being delayed. I do know my body,however, and if I push supplements...
  2. therron

Help Please! Crazy Histamine Intolerance Since Starting Methylation Protocol

I can't really tell you why we get crazy histamines, but I can tell you that Molybdenum drops help me a lot. They help with sulfite/sulfate conversion......I'm not sure how that relates to histamine. I just know that it decreases my histamine intolerance periods.
  3. therron

Thank you Helen and Victronix for replying. Yes, I have had great difficulties with B vitamins in the past. Even a crumb of B complex (active only) made me so hyper! The overstimulation never settled down, and in fact, got progressively worse. I know that I need to try Bs again, but I will...
  4. therron

Hello Everyone, I've lurked here for a long time without making significant progress.....until recently. I am quite sure that my methylation has finally kicked in as I feel better than I have for the past 5 years (length of my illness). Here's a quick run-down: Phase 1: Low and slow...
  5. therron

no lactobacilius instomach but can't take it...and other gut issues - any suggestions

I definitely have leaky gut, can't take probiotics, and have bad reactions to most supplements. My practitioner has started me on a very slow biofilm protocol that involves dissolving cell walls with BactiSolve, then using Naturomycin to kill off bad bugs, then Candex for yeast. As far as...
  6. therron

I have Thiamine Deficiency

High b12 can mean a functional deficiency, meaning your cells can't utilize it.
  7. therron

Results from my methylation treatment - week by week

Hi Redo, My head, neck, and shoulder muscles are always in knots. I haven't gotten any relief from this on the methylation protocol. If you discover any great secrets, let me know!
  8. therron

I've got the brainy brainy shake...

I too have these weird vibrations in my brain. I used to have the same thing in my intestines, but that stopped after I started taking olive leaf extract. Sorry, I can't help identify the source. I have had these tremors for about 3 years, but they haven't gotten worse, so I don't really...
  9. therron

Neurotransmitters

Hi Pea, It looks like you got some good references for the science behind neurotransmitters. I will add my two cents from personal experience. When I really needed GABA due to agitation from excitoxicity, it was helpful. Once I filled my GABA tank (I took it for about 10 days), it...
  10. therron

Cellular Permeability

My high serum B12 seems to indicate impairment in my body's ability to absorb nutrients. For those of you with lab reports, have you found that your B12 is also high (after beginning supplements). I only take 1 mg a day of sublingual methylB12. So.....my latest topic of research is cellular...
  11. therron

safe to take olive leaf extract at the same time as methylation protocol?

I couldn't have said it better myself. I am extremely intolerant of many supplements, but I adore olive leaf. It totally eradicated my nighttime leg pain (which I believe was vascular). OLE fixed my gut in a huge way. I was underweight, ate huge quantities, but didn't absorb anything. OLE...
  12. therron

B2 I love you!

Here's some interesting research for those with MTHFR mutations. The researchers concluded that an optimization of the riboflavin status in patients with increased risk of hypertension due to genetic MTHFR variants may offer a low-cost strategy for managing their elevated blood pressure. These...
  13. therron

Intestinal Parasites and B12

This is the one I currently use. I started with drops, NOW brand, then worked up to this one since I tend to react strongly to supplements. It has a higher % of oleuropein than most brands. www.iherb.com Olea standardized to Oleuropein 18% Thorne Research, Olive Leaf Extract, 60...
  14. therron

Hi Xrayspex Since my body reacts extremely to most supplements, I started with a drop of liquid olive leaf extract each day, then worked my way up to 4 capsules a day, then back down to a maintenance dose of 2 capsules a day. In this manner, I did not experience detox. I have spoken to...
  15. therron

I have had at least a half dozen parasite tests, all of which were inconclusive and expensive. My advice is to skip the tests. You will be disappointed. Like every chronic issue that I have, I attacked my gut on my own. The best results I have gotten have been from olive leaf extract, oil of...
  16. therron

feeling worse on B12 inj

HI Ottiebow Every person is different, but I have found over the past 3 years of trying methylation supplements that I can't handle increasing doses quickly or drastically. Reactions to some supplements are immediate, but the worst reactions don't become evident for about two weeks. I...
  17. therron

HBP and protocol

hi brenda, My blood pressure shot up like crazy when I was on ubiquenol recently. Every doctor (and researcher) I know has said that I need this, but I truly cannot tolerate it at this point. Maybe when things stabilize, I will try a low and slow dose. I am about 10 months into the...
  18. therron

Difficulty tolerating L-carnitine fumarate

Hi Everyone, I'd like to put in my 2 cents on the discussion about L-carnitine fumarate. I take a very small dose, probably one tenth of a capsule, each day. I started at a bit higher dose, and loved the extra energy! As it typical, however, I ended up decreasing my dose due to...
  19. therron

Not sure where to start! Heterozygous C677T/CFIDS Diagnosis

Hi Becky, I also am heterozygous for C677T (and the more dreaded 1298 as well). Methylfolate is a good place to start, but you also need methyl b12. They work together. Check out the basics thread for other cofactors, but be aware that start up symptoms can be intense for us! Avolid...
  20. therron

Zinc

Since I'm in the "low and slow" crowd, I crush up zinc and take just a few crumbs. So far, so good. I will increase slowly.
  21. therron

POTASSIUM SUPPLEMENTS made me ill

Hi lampkld2 Through 3 years of experience trying out alternative treatments for impaired methylation/CFS/ME, I have a bank of experiences that tell me I have four categories of adverse reactions to supplements: 1. Immediate neurological hyperdrive (sometimes referred to as...
  22. therron

High low fast slow High dosing vs low dosing is an interesting discussion whether it pertains to potassium or other supplements. While I read and appreciate information from high dose fast healing proponents, I also like to hear from those who simply cannot tolerate more than a crumb of a...
  23. therron

Hi Dreambirdie, I am also cautious with potassium since I tend to overreact to all supplements. I wasn't taking any potassium at all until recently. The reason I started was due to two electric seizures in my brain, and discovering low potassium in a blood test. My potassium has been...
  24. therron

Severe headache/migraine after SAMe + b12

Hi Angela and Freddd, I have always been the one in charge of my health, and any gains that I have made have been due to my own research, not the help of a physician or alternative practitioner. The only reason I even know that I have two MTHFR mutations is because four years ago, I...
  25. therron

Poll: What brand/form/dose/timing of potassium do you take? What switch to?

I'm on the low and slow approach. I just pulled myself out of a potassium slump by taking half of a 99 mg potassium gluconate tablet 5 times a day. I couldn't believe how my shoulder, neck, and head muscles started to relax with just this small amount. Thanks Freddd and Rich for keeping up...
  26. therron

California Physician

Hi Rydra and Angela, Thank you so much for your kind referrals. Since my original post, things have definitely taken a turn for the worse (drat.....I WAS making progress). I have had two scary electric-shock-like seizures (I think due to low potassium). I tried to "do the right thing"...
  27. therron

Severe headache/migraine after SAMe + b12

Hi Rydra, I just wanted to confirm the rise in blood pressure when taking CoQ10 (ubiquinol). I had the same thing happen. Yes, I am in the early stages of healing as Freddd mentioned. Frustrating trying to adjust and track down clues. I'm set to see the NP that greenshots recommended...
  28. therron

The Awesome Foursome + Phosphatidyl serine

I'm so sorry you are in a rough patch. I hope that you will be able to make some improvements soon.
  29. therron

WARNING - LOW POTASSIUM IS DANGEROUS

I'll jump in with Dreambirdie, Dannybex, and Rydra. Don't push through anything. I have been one of the biggest advocates for low and slow due to major overreactions to supplements-feeling wired, having horrible insomnia, and gut pain. I finally got a handle on my gut issues with olive leaf...