• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Little Bluestem

brian nicholson detained in psyschiatric unit with me cfs for 3 years

Just rest and try to get feeling better.
  2. Little Bluestem

No he's not. You have worked tirelessly on Bohemian's behalf. :thumbsup::hug:
  3. Little Bluestem

Would you post a link? I'm not sure where to look. 11Mar: edit typo
  4. Little Bluestem

Guardianship Order

I don't think that would be a good idea. I think you need someone who can be there is person.
  5. Little Bluestem

Guardianship Order

I think that would confuse many people. I missed the "make decisions" bit. I do agree that would not be good.
  6. Little Bluestem

Guardianship Order

My bolding Does this mean they will get you to doctors appointments? If so, that would be great.
  7. Little Bluestem

I would guess that they keep that information very secret.
  8. Little Bluestem

Bless you for doing what you could, @Countrygirl! :hug:
  9. Little Bluestem

Do you have anyone who would speak to the psychiatrists on your behalf. That would explain that the drugs are essentially starving you to death in a particularly unpleasant way. .
  10. Little Bluestem

No helpful ideas. I just want to offer my sincere sympathy. :hug:
  11. Little Bluestem

what has been your most bizarre symptom/symptoms?

@jesse's mom - for me, fortunately it is outside lights, decorative lights and street lights, except for the light in my stairwell. The lights do not burn out, they will eventually come back on. If I turn back and walk past decorative lights while they are out, they will come back on - sort of...
  12. Little Bluestem

The requested thread could not be found

Because I am on dial-up, I open new threads while I am still reading previous ones. I just tried to ‘Like’ a post and got the above message. Apparently the thread had been deleted since I had opened it. The Mad Moderator strikes again! P.S. So long @adreno. I hope we bump into each other...
  13. Little Bluestem

Farewell, until we meet again

Which show just how disheartening this situation is. :eek: :hug:
  14. Little Bluestem

Another "Oh Well" thread.

I think that about sums it up. And no, it is not your fault.
  15. Little Bluestem

Very Sad

Fare Well @Snowdrop, our eternal hope of spring. Yes, unfortunately.
  16. Little Bluestem

Jen Brea and Unrest make it into the BMJ as an opinion piece

So is he saying that it is a mental condition, but we do not have control over it? :cautious:
  17. Little Bluestem

A brilliant new cure guys ;) Thrive programme

They said "any symptoms or problems you have". That must include cancer and genetic disorders. I suppose it would ever cure their own delusional thinking. OK, I've got it now. :rofl:
  18. Little Bluestem

I think my vivarium is affecting my health :(

Do you have to feed the bugs or do they eat the vegetation in the vivarium?
  19. Little Bluestem

How Were You DX'd With CFS or ME?

I told an educated doctor of the symptom I had developed after a nasty flu and she agreed that it was CFS (as it was then called). There were no tests done to diagnose the CFS. There have been quite a few tests done to deal with the symptoms. I had previously (before I knew what the problem...
  20. Little Bluestem

Big thinking about trip to Brussels after unfunctional treatment CFS/Lyme in Czech

Hi @MartinK, Don't worry about your English. Even those of use who speak it as a first language sometime have trouble, thanks to brain fog. :ill: I can't be of help with the questions about Dr. de Meirleir. Could you contact his office and ask which, if any, of your test results he could use?
  21. Little Bluestem

About a month ago I was diagnosed with Serotonin Syndrome...

Have you seen your doctor recently? If s/he is still not taking it seriously, maybe you need another doctor.
  22. Little Bluestem

A brilliant new cure guys ;) Thrive programme

I just finished eating, so weeping isn't the only thing I feel like doing. :vomit: Oh Wow! Any symptoms or problems! So they can cure cancer, AIDS, Stroke, Alzheimers, etc. ! I wonder how many applicants fail to 'qualify'? This would be laughable if it weren't so awful. And yet you are still...
  23. Little Bluestem

"Unrest" updates

But how many people in the theater were at that symposium? I think you are setting a rather high standard. Most of the world does not know as much about the disorder as we have been forced to learn. ;)
  24. Little Bluestem

I think my vivarium is affecting my health :(

@bspg, what kind of bugs do you keep in your vivarium?
  25. Little Bluestem

Brilliant ME/CFS videos - a guide to ME/CFS & going to the doctor (very funny but spot on too)

@Jon, I thought it was something she had made up. Didn't realize it 'exists' in this country. :jaw-drop: Guess I am going to have to check out this Urban Dictionary. :D
  26. Little Bluestem

Brilliant ME/CFS videos - a guide to ME/CFS & going to the doctor (very funny but spot on too)

It takes me a long time to buffer videos on my s-l-o-w dial-up connection, so that I can watch them. I just made it to the bearataur (in Positive Thinking). Hilarious. :rofl:
  27. Little Bluestem

"You and yours" BBC phone in on "chronic fatigue" -26 sept

Whee! I'm soooo glad she decided to call you. I can't imagine having that go out over the radio. Although I can't imagine that many people would believe it. That seems an excellent response for whenever anyone says something nonsensical. :D
  28. Little Bluestem

"Unrest" review in NY Times

Since I realize that life is not always uplifting, I do want my fiction to be. :cool: {Pretend those are rose colored glasses}