• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. S

M.E/CFS May 2011 Awareness campaign, leaflets, emails, FB messages etc

I have made some leaflets for M.E/CFS awareness week May 8th-14th. If anyone would like some copies i would be happy to send some in the post to you or alternatively email a copy to you for you to print off. Have also come with an idea of an email/Facebook message campaign. Basacially I have...
  2. S

Michael Sharpe: "Chronic fatigue syndrome: Neurological, mental or both" incl. PACE

Hi IVI, I agree with you when you say that the equation of CFS with Neurasthenia has been part of the medical literature for some time, i never stated it hadn't. My problem with Sharpe however is that he quotes WHO as having classed CFS as mental illness which i have never seen any evidence of...
  3. S

Michael Sharpe: "Chronic fatigue syndrome: Neurological, mental or both" incl. PACE

Where has he got this from? WHO only classifies CFS along with M.E and PVFS under neurological. When has WHO ever classed CFS under mental? Plus the fact WHO don't differentiate between the alternatives names of M.E like he's making out anyway. I can only assume this is yet again a case of...