• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. anne_likes_red

Bacillus subtilis probiotic may eliminate Staphylococcus from the gut and the nasopharynx

Not enough benefit to buy another bottle. :) I took the multi spore biotic product containing a smaller amount of HU58 until mid December. I make natto regularly so I'm getting a different strain of Bacillus subtilis in my diet that way.
  2. anne_likes_red

For NZ peeps - GcMAF treatment and nagalase testing available.

I did, but no unfortunately it didn't help me personally. I know it helped others though.
  3. anne_likes_red

safe and sound protocol

Yes. I did an integrated listening systems program first, then I did the safe and sound protocol twice. All helped with sound sensitivity which was a relief, but I wouldn't say they made a lasting difference to my ME. S&S temporarily worsened my synaesthesia. The intervention is effective but I...
  4. anne_likes_red

safe and sound protocol

It's an auditory/sound frequency intervention. It can help with sensory regulation (and likely integration if properly supported).
  5. anne_likes_red

Proprioception Dysfunction - treating this improved my symptoms (I think!)

Updating. I had to postpone my originally planned April trip until October and I'm just back. *Phew*! I needed prisms on both sides as it turned out and they immediately restored full range of motion in my neck* and also my right hip. My head feels half the weight it did before and I am...
  6. anne_likes_red

Some decades back, 1990 “Scientists Identify virus causing fatigue in ME“

I was diagnosed in that era. My understanding was doctors at the time were noticing this was occurring notably in high achieving individuals (young upwardly mobile or whatever "yuppie" came from). I wasn't a yuppie I was still at school but at the time of ME onset I was very physically active...
  7. anne_likes_red

Staph vaccine to treat CFS??

Actually, :) this Reddit thread has a post from tmfire11 who contacted ameolife, the company I linked to in my previous post. tmfire11 wrote "I contacted the company and they said that a serving size (2 capsules) contains "15 Billion CFU of Bacillus Subtilis MB40 (Opti-Biome) and 330 Million CFU...
  8. anne_likes_red

Staph vaccine to treat CFS??

I looked everywhere for Bacillus MB40 a while back. It's included as "Opti-biome MB40" in unspecified amounts in a few formulated products like this one: https://www.ameolife.com/pages/digestive but I don't think it's sold as a single strain. The author of a study looking at the effect of B...
  9. anne_likes_red

OSTEOPOROSIS AND DRUG CHANGES

I have no reason to suspect I have osteoporosis however my hair mineral test indicated very low calcium and strontium. I decided to take Garden of Life's Bone Grow system for a few months before retesting. From the reviews it seems people doing DEXA scans seem to be getting good results with...
  10. anne_likes_red

Optical red light therapy

This will be one of Glen Jeffery from UCL's studies I expect. In an interview from a year ago he mentions some inexpensive red light devices made in Australia but he doesn't mention a brand or if the public can just buy them. It was on my list of things to chase up but I'm kind of up to the brim...
  11. anne_likes_red

Bacillus subtilis probiotic may eliminate Staphylococcus from the gut and the nasopharynx

I've been taking the Microbiome labs HU58 for a couple of months now. The first couple of days I developed a sore right side tonsil and for several nights I woke up sneezing in the night with tickling/irritation in the right sinus. I also had general 'die off' symptoms - extra fatigue, skin...
  12. anne_likes_red

ME/CFS, Long COVID, Long Haulers updated disease model presentation August 2023

There's a link to a discord group on Joshua's page here: (Not sure if I'm allowed to link it directly). https://bornfree.life/experimental-treatment-methodology/7/v3-54u-preview/42/
  13. anne_likes_red

Lots of long COVID patients reporting major improvements with lactoferrin

I see I shared this article with friends on facebook in April 2020. Might be of interest to you Wayne - or perhaps you've already run into it yourself. :)...
  14. anne_likes_red

Over the course of 2020/21 some really interesting research around prophylactics and treatments for C19 was done at universities (worldwide). I noticed they published results on their own websites, but it was almost never picked up by the press.
  15. anne_likes_red

I bought some of the Jarrow brand after coming across an article on the University of Florida website last year suggesting it might be effective against C19. I took 250 mg 2 x per day from when I got covid. I'm still taking Lactoferrin since I recovered but just at 1 per day - the 300 mg Life...
  16. anne_likes_red

POLL: Do you sweat a lot from a 20 minute walk? Linked to overactive sympathetic nerves, and in turn, reduced Th1 antiviral immune responses

GenXer here :cool: @Hip I regularly walk on the beach 20+ mins (then rest 10 before walking back home). I usually walk with my husband and we have noticed I get much warmer than he does. It's winter and I'm warm right to the extremities. I don't sweat though. In case it's of any significance I...
  17. anne_likes_red

I've been making the super gut SIBO yogurt (containing L Reuteri, L Gasseri and Bacillus Coagulans) since 2021. We just add a tbsp of each batch to the next as the starter. The first batch was made into starters and we froze those as 'insurance'. I started with the exact products and method...
  18. anne_likes_red

Could and upset liver be a clue to Me/cfs?

@mariovitali I noticed in a previous post - which I can't find now! - that you were taking TUDCA (250mg?) at midday and midnight. Is the timing based on factors other than a 12 hourly dose? For example circadian liver processes...or a preference to take it away from other supplements? Apologies...
  19. anne_likes_red

Much worse following bone marrow biopsy

I had some tenderness to the hip bone afterwards that I remember lasting a few days, but I experienced no additional PEM. I wasn't offered pain relief (apart from the skin anesthetic) for the procedure and I didn't find it painful, just a weird tugging sensation in the bone. I was relatively...
  20. anne_likes_red

Yes I started experimenting with a hard surface a couple of years ago after I found some of Dr Martins da Cunha's recommendations on a French posturology website. More recently my husband modified my side of the bed, so I don't have a soft option any longer. :) I find with the sleeping posture...
  21. anne_likes_red

Thank you, that is helpful! :) It sounds like the glasses need to be fixed to stay in a more precise position than is regularly required. They seem keen I have two pairs fitted, so if one comes out of alignment I have the spare ones handy. There's an optometrist in Sydney trained in how to...
  22. anne_likes_red

Hello again. Hopefully you're still doing well? I finally have all my ducks in a row and I'm planning to be assessed in a couple of months time. (Travelling from NZ so it's a bit of a mission.) In another message you mentioned being willing to share the type of glasses frames appropriate to...
  23. anne_likes_red

Near Infrared Light (940nm) Improves COVID Outcomes.

I lay on a bed outside until around 8am (when it got too hot) when I had Covid recently. The first week, any later in the day than that, it felt like the sun was taking more away than it was giving. I was OK outside again in the evening. It would have been a different scenario in winter I guess...
  24. anne_likes_red

Near Infrared Light (940nm) Improves COVID Outcomes.

Roger Seheult, MD of MedCram talks about a randomized control trial demonstrating the effects of near infrared light on COVID-19. The study is here: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1011134422002342
  25. anne_likes_red

Anti nausea meds and long COVID

I have Covid now (in NZ) and I'm using Thorne Peptiguard which contains bismuth citrate along with some gut soothing herbs - aloe vera, licorice and berberine. I buy my Thorne products from iherb. They've got a lot more expensive lately, I think in good part due to increased transport costs...
  26. anne_likes_red

Signatures of Mitochondrial Dysfunction and Impaired Fatty Acid Metabolism in Plasma of Patients with Post-Acute Sequelae of COVID-19

https://www.mdpi.com/2218-1989/12 Roger Seheult, MD of MedCram discusses long covid and fat metabolism mitochondrial dysfunction in this video:
  27. anne_likes_red

Niacin and the gut

I watched this presentation from Chris Masterjohn and decided TMG and glycine might be wise - actually I was already using glycine along with NAC before bed. Despite adding TMG I have to mention.....my acute positive response to Niacin has waned too. I'm still noticing benefits I think, but the...
  28. anne_likes_red

Martin aka Paused and H.E.L.P treatment

I'm a pure ME person. I was taking everything on that list (a little variation on the type of folate and selenium) except I was using Nicotinamide Riboside plus a small amount of transdermal niacinamide. I only noticed improvement after adding niacin. Way back, early 1990s, my GP trialed me on a...
  29. anne_likes_red

Martin aka Paused and H.E.L.P treatment

Thanks so much. x