• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Chris.S

Heart arrhythmia, ER, Worse than ever.

Hi all. Been in ER twice for 3 days in a row. I luckily didnt have to go back today, but fingers crossed as ive become worse than ever before. I hope to be able to get to sydney to a major hospital but not sure i'll even survive the trip. So dreadfully weak, they just keep sending me home from...
  2. Chris.S

Can detox Herx cause permanent damage to brain etc?

Wayne: Thanks. Your detox drink sounds good. I have tried / occasionally do try bentonite and some other things you list in that drink. I of course have to feel somewhat worse for it though! Even a small amount bentonite in the water. I have no idea, it seems even the mildest things give me...
  3. Chris.S

Jeffers: Thanks. Indeed mercury removal needs to be top of my list, I just NEED a bit of energy increase somehow to be able to get it done! Its so frustrating. Can't tolerate schizandra, I've tried in the past and although I feel some benefit, I react to salicylates which are very high in...
  4. Chris.S

Gestalt: I have been on glutamine about 10-15g a day for about a year or more. Has not repaired or helped my gut. Possibly from the cortisone damage of taking tablets etc with a weak system. But yes even taking 15-20g a day I dont feel any different unfortunately. Also as you mention: "The...
  5. Chris.S

Thanks guys. Vegas: Very interesting post indeed. Glad you are getting better from mercury! Where you say "The adverse effects you experienced are in fact causing damage, but this is not to say you cannot reverse the damage. I think your first strategy has to involve ceasing to cause further...
  6. Chris.S

Thanks all for the replies. Try to write more later am very unwell atm. I have tried fibre and so on, it doesnt do enough detox for me. Chlorella and spirulina dont seem to hurt, no herxing but no major detox again. NAC or glutathione at the TINIEST doses make me terribly sick for a day, then a...
  7. Chris.S

Hi all. As some of you know I've had the worst time of my life in all my 12 years of CFS/ME, due to a huge worsening of my condition in late November last year. 2 months in hospital with no answers. Everything just dropped to a new level of extremely low all of a sudden, and no one could work...
  8. Chris.S

Sam-e caused depression?

Sam-e for me keeps me alive, kind of literally at the moment, I'm in a very bad way though. I have (still) and have always had to take tiny doses, or only take it once every 3-4 days. I generally these days take it about 2 days out of 3, and only at doses of about 12mg or less (yes, fiddling...