• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. T

Media Coverage of Dr. Alters NIH paper, post stories here

Nature.com - Delayed chronic fatigue syndrome paper to be published
  2. T

Dr. Alter Paper embargo ends today at 3:00pm, press conference today

Here is a link to follow XMRV media coverage as it shows up in Google News. You can bookmark this link and it will always have the latest stories at the top. Right now there are links to stories from the NY Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Nature.com. eta: Oops, I thought I was...
  3. T

Should XMRV be called HIV-X?

I'm really glad I'm not the only one who doesn't agree with associating CFS/ME with HIV as a way to scare the public into paying attention to CFS/ME. I think this would backfire tremendously. There will be enough public panic once it gets around that there's a new retrovirus out there. AIDS and...
  4. T

Psychology today: Dr Borigini health terrorists part 2

Exactly. I can't even take his article seriously enough to be offended. He covered pretty much every internet cliche out there. The thing that was most hilarious to me was the crying about racism because someone made fun of his last name. Really, guy? After you wrote an article comparing...
  5. T

A Critique of WPI Research on XMRV in ScienceBlogs, from NYTimes

I don't think Abbie Smith has thought through the long term consequences of what she writes on her blog. It doesn't seem smart for a graduate student to aggressively make enemies in her own field. Perhaps she is planning on making a career in blogging, rather than the lab.
  6. T

Medicare Part D and anti-retrovirals

I was just referring to anti-retrovirals. By law, all Part D plans must have them on the formulary.
  7. T

Medicare Part D and anti-retrovirals

Part D and anti-retrovirals (hi, I'm new here.) I was searching the web for Part D information and happened to find this: PA= Prior Authorization Full article here. Can't really help with what drugs are in which tiers in different plans, but at least they all have to have them on the...