• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. I

From Bedbound to Fit and Able in 14 Days: Effects of the Amazonian Medicine Kambo on a CFS Patient

I must say your post is rather inflammatory and completely opinion based. I'm at a bit of an intersection as to whether I should engage. I appreciate everyone's input especially when effort has been put forth, however the time effort that I have put forth has been discounted in one fell swoop...
  2. I

From Bedbound to Fit and Able in 14 Days: Effects of the Amazonian Medicine Kambo on a CFS Patient

You are completely correct, I think this is beyond what this thread was meant to encompass. If I should wish to dive into this topic a bit more I'll begin another thread, however most likely not on this forum. Although I can fully appreciate everyone's hesitation in endorsing this line of...
  3. I

Throw out the verbiage "learned helplessness" and see whether this changes anything. Cognitivists have coined this term and thus there is often a assumed association to internal states of mind. I hesitated in using this but thought it was helpful for illustrative purpose.
  4. I

I do in fact understand the aversion, I am in the same boat as everyone else here. That being said, I think you may be missing the point as what I'm saying is actually in support of this. This isn't psychology, at least with what most consider psychology to be, with qualia and states of mind...
  5. I

Yea, the logic is solid and scientifically validated but not overly realistic for most to employ. I think you're right the "method of ingestion" of kambo itself would become a robust predictive cue of the cause-effect contingency...and in addition not something that many would be willing to...
  6. I

It's really not that black and white; it is something that resides within the psyche but also in the physiology. For all interactions within the environment there are paralleled dynamics occurring at the neural level. Everything that I was speaking to is on the subconscious level, thus it's not...
  7. I

@Paralee - Just to be clear I don't believe this is going to be as simple as popping some pain killers from time to time, although I could be wrong. No doubt this will need to be approached with caution even for those without a proclivity to addiction I'm sure it could be a slippery slope...
  8. I

Anecdotally I should mention that when suffering from a wrist injury awhile back I was prescribed hydrocodone I also experienced a similar reprieve from my symptoms beyond just the period when I was taking the medicine. Essentially the same benefits you mentioned, greater self awareness...
  9. I

I realize this is an older post. Just curious ran across this and found it very interesting. @Hip- Do you have any more updates about your Dermorphin experiment? Just a pet theory of mine that is far from fully developed..Perhaps there is a pathogen present in many of those with CFS that...
  10. I

Parasite cleanse question

I'm taking Paragone, along with Vit C, also fresh squeezed lime with baking soda and a one time high dose of CoQ10 (3 grams) Come to think of it I also had something similar happen when I began the Methylation cycle therapy. So perhaps metal/toxins? Kinda sounds a bit silly but then again I'm...
  11. I

Parasite cleanse question

Ok, so I've been on and off a parasite cleanse for the last month, at first I discounted the possibility of parasites. I've recently picked up the "pace" on this and have had some interesting results. I've been having flushes of mostly waterish/bile stuff that is very cloudy or sandy...
  12. I

Plan of action

So I've been sick for about two years now. I originally attributed the symptoms to a terrible SSRI that I was on. Now realizing that I've likely got ME I've been actively treating myself for the last 3 months. I'm hoping to get some feedback on a good plan of action to take care of my issue(s)...
  13. I

Need Help with Detox Reaction

I must admit I underestimated the strength of the methylation cycle therapy. Following a colon and Liver cleanse I have been taking methylB12, P5P, Zinc and Vit E and on occasion Tumeric. I've detoxed an awful lot. Unfortunately, I have a feeling that I drew out a bit of heavy metal, perhaps...