• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. A

Rituximab or Methotrexate (Mtx) for CFS/ME

I have had cfs for 30 years. I was recently diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis (PsA), an autoimmune disease. The rheum prescribed methotrexate. I'm afraid to take it. haven't started. However, I wonder if it will have a positive affect on the cfs. I'm very curious, but not sure I'm curious...
  2. A

Doctor near Seattle, WA?

I believe that dr. dedra buchwald worked with dr. komaroff, and his office recommends her. she is in seattle. i don't know what her approach is, or what her strengths are. but she may be worth investigating.
  3. A

POTS the basics...do I have it?

thanks to everyone for their ultra-informed replies! i will check out the links. my doc didn't do the test right--she had me lying down for a couple minutes, then took bp as soon as i stood up (not 10 minutes later). regardless, i may not have POTS. i should clarify the breathing...
  4. A

Comment by 'ann09' in 'Learning "Normal" Again'

Dainty, I understand you live in the Northwest? I moved here recently, to Oregon. Is there an osteopath you recommend?
  5. A

POTS the basics...do I have it?

This is a newbie question. My resting heart rate is 90 and immediately upon standing, 100. In the past, it has been 100 resting. I have taken mepropanol and liked that it kept me from feeling my heart pounding. I also think that eliminating foods I'm sensitive/allergic to has helped. I tend...
  6. A

Antibiotics cause these symptoms....why?

Jenny, that list of symptoms is sobering. I just finished 10 days of Augmentin for an ear infection. I felt much better in the middle of the course of the antibiotic (ear infection clearing up). It's been more than a week since I finished the antibiotics and I feel like hell. I'm upset and...