• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Diana S.

SHMT mutations and whether to address

Yes, I'm heterozygous for the second one, like you.
  2. Diana S.

SHMT1 is Rs9909104 and SHMT2 is Rs34095989
  3. Diana S.

Is L-Carnitine as good as L-Carnitine fumarate

I currently take 250mg L-Carnitine and I'm wondering if I need to switch to l-carnitine fumarate. Any thoughts on this?
  4. Diana S.

Malabsorption and I think Diarrhea (WARNING: GROSS IMG)

When I see bubbles in my stool, I think of parasites because I think they have oxygen in their systems which are expelled when they leave the GI tract. I may not be right on this though. Just my take on it.
  5. Diana S.

SHMT (+/-) while being MTHFR c677t (+/+) supplementation?

Did you ever find an answer to your question? I have the same SNPs and have been supplementing with folinic acid but at 1/4 capsule every other day. I alternate the folinic acid with the L-5-MTHF. I just did a CDSA and have almost NO bacteria in my gut, good or bad. I'm on high dose...
  6. Diana S.

Damaged by SSRI - Let's find those genes!

Don't mean to hi jack your thread. I feel bad that you have experienced the complications of taking SSRIs and wish you luck in getting better. Diana
  7. Diana S.

Damaged by SSRI - Let's find those genes!

Can you tell me how to read the chart? I know what the indicators across the top like 1A2 mean. Are these lists of things we will have problems clearing and will stay in our bodies longer if we take them? For instance I have several heterozygous 2D6 SNPS. Does that make the antidepressants...
  8. Diana S.

Yucca and charcoal *increased* sulfate?

I know Shawn Bean of MTHFRSupport says it will increase when you start treating for it before it decreases.
  9. Diana S.

Does one need to address SHMT mutations (2 are heterozygous on the MTHFRSupport report) when they have low normal iron (not high), SCFAs were high on a CDSA, and suberic and beta hydroxl methylglutaric acid were high normal as was one other fatty acid metabolite? One of the SHMT1s was...
  10. Diana S.

Mitochondrial dysfunction - mainstream view in CFS or not?

I'd also like to try the supplement and since you use the original formulation, would prefer getting it from Lynn. Can you PM me her email? Thanks, Diana
  11. Diana S.

I am booked in to see Prof. de Meirleir in January

My understanding is that ferritin goes high with inflammation in the body.
  12. Diana S.

Nasonex or Flonase?

I've been on flonase for about 4-5 months and haven't caught a cold, the flu, or anything and my husband has had bronchitis, strep throat and maybe whooping cough.
  13. Diana S.

repairing with B12 without overmethylation?

/ Dr. Nancy Mullan, a peer of Dr. Amy Yasko, says that no one should suffer side effects from taking methylation supplements. They want you to reduce your supplement intake until there are no negative effects. From there, you can work up slowly. Dr. Mullan, in a recent webinar, said that adults...
  14. Diana S.

23 and me results. Where to start?

My understanding is that you have to address the CBS issue first. This is covered in Dr. Amy Yasko's book "Autism: Pathway to Recovery" which is free from her website.
  15. Diana S.

Need Help with NutrEval Results

I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me interpret the Krebs Cycle marker results from my mid-April NutrEval. I was dx with fibro in 1999 and CFS in about 2007 and have been unable to work since 1/2010 after dragging through 2009. My fatigue has been it's worst ever for the last 7...
  16. Diana S.

Tuning In to Your Ultradian Rhythms

Hi everyone. It's so good to hear people talking about getting better. I am currently in the worst period I've ever had with this illness. In 2009, I was so fatigued I thought I had a reoccurence of cancer. That turned out not to be the case and in Jan. 2010, I had to quit work although I was...
  17. Diana S.

Nutreval Interpretation Guide

This is awesome. I spent hours trying to make sense of a NutrEval I had back in late 2010. I just sent off the blood and urine for a new one yesterday. These results from a OAT may now make sense: Energy Production (Citric Acid Cycle) Citrate – High (90th percentile) Cis-Aconitate – 70th...
  18. Diana S.

Looking for Dr. recomendations, any location will do.

I just started seeing Dr. Silverman in Beverly Hills. He used to run Cedars-Sinai's Fibromyalgia center and teaches at UCLA. I've only had one appointment so far but I was very impressed. He was extremely knowledgeable about the issues that come along with fibro such as adrenal issues...
  19. Diana S.

Which to treat first: adrenals, thyroid or methylation cycle?

By "lower" thyroid levels, do you mean go toward hypothyroid or hyperthyroid?