• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. K

Trying out Marine Phytoplankton

I am glad you are finding it helpful. It seems to be the best brand around.
  2. K

I am taking Uma-Core Marine Phytoplankton, although if I had the money I would buy the one RWP (Rest Without Peace) is using. It seems to be the best one I've seen so far. It's not the most expensive supplement I've seen, but when you buy a LOT of supplements, things start to get expensive...
  3. K

Hello dear friends, I am surprised no one has mentioned Marine Phytoplankton before. (or I have really wonky researching skills?) I have just started taking 1/3rd of a dropper of Marine Phytoplankton. The benefits (according to online literature) seem to be remarkable. It is supposed to be...
  4. K

Frustrated at misconceptions towards Insomnia

Hi Ahmo, these things are never ever irrelevant. :) Sometimes the simplest things could be the answer. Thank you so much for sharing!
  5. K

Thank you all for your words of encouragement and help. I don't know what I'd do without this forum full of amazing people.
  6. K

I apologize if I offended anyone in my original post. I just wanted people to appreciate that things could be worse, that we should appreciate the things that we have but other people don't. But I understand that we are all suffering in one way or another. Hubris - it seems you are missing deep...
  7. K

I know Insomnia is a vast term, and most people with our condition will fit into it in some way or form. But what frustrates me is the many people complaining that they don't sleep because they sleep "ONLY" 4-5 hours. Try to have just 30 minutes of sleep........or none at all............every...
  8. K

Completely eliminated my severe anxiety symptoms with three supplements!

The oil should be safe, at least that's my experience. I don't get fermentation in the gut/intestines with Flaxseed oil. I've been taking 1000mg of flaxseed oil for years without side effects. Ground flaxseed is a torture, however.
  9. K

There will never be a cure for CFS...

15 or more years ago CFS was relatively unknown. I remember a time when people who had CFS were described as either: 1) Lazy 2) Depressed There was nothing else. You were either this, or that. No matter how hard you explained and showed Doctors how badly you suffered. You were either put into...
  10. K

Completely eliminated my severe anxiety symptoms with three supplements!

Why don't you send for test kits online from the UK? That's what I am trying to do. Here where I live no one has ever heard of an Organic Acid test. The thyroid tests here are total bullsh**, even blood tests test next to nothing. What I did was send for test kits. I used Regenerus Labs for the...
  11. K

How do we treat severe insomnia for cfs/me

Antihistamine drugs like Atarax work by blocking the H2 Receptors, and thus work like an Anti-Acid. You really DON'T DON'T DON'T want to take Atarax and other H2 blockers everyday. Anti-Acids are the number one cause of vitamin and mineral deficiency in this day and age. Not only that, but...
  12. K

Does taking glutamine cause more glutamate?

Emma, unfortunately Glutamine CAN increase Glutamate in people who have an unbalanced Gaba:Glutamate ratio. When the balance is tipped to one side, the body usually compensates by increasing one slightly over the other. That is why some people who take GABA report worse anxiety (due to leaky...