• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. MEWarrior

Seeking information on long-term outcomes with Dr. Kaufman

I realize we do not know one another. Even so, your courageously honest posting moves me in many ways. I relate to your despair and sense of isolation. Moreover, I relate to your warrior mentality to keep going. After all, if we were completely well, then that is what we would do. We need to...
  2. MEWarrior

Seeking information on long-term outcomes with Dr. Kaufman

So true. We must keep striving for beautiful experiences always come from striving without expectation. Like many of you, my hopes and expectations have become so obliterated that, ironically, I find an increasing number of opportunities to find joy in the otherwise most overlooked areas such as...
  3. MEWarrior

Uhh...I have MCAS and eating cold potato is helping me? (The case for resistant starch)

I am curious about the potassium possibility, too, as I constantly crave bananas and sweet potatoes.
  4. MEWarrior

Has anyone tried cocaine for their ME/CFS

Indeed, the coca leaf does contain stimulants. However, it is not cocaine, per se, as that is a byproduct of chemical combinations. There are many scientific reports on this very topic; namely, World Health Organization and others.
  5. MEWarrior

Interesting. Thus proving the saying, “I learn something new every day.”
  6. MEWarrior

It is my understanding coca leaf only works at altitude. At least, that was my experience.