• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. R

Is there a reliable way to assess B6 status?

there is no proof for it in the literature. even if it was real it is treatable with oysters, and rice bran.
  2. R

b6 is needed for zinc absorption which may be the relationship between deficiency of b6 and zinc. zinc supplements alone deplete copper. eat oysters for zinc which have all the other minerals too. b6 is in rice bran, paprika, chilli, pistachio, brazil nuts. there is no evidence of pyroluria...
  3. R

Calcium Paradox

The RDA of calcium is 1000mg. Milk has 100mg per 100g. So unless someone is drinking 1 litre of milk a day (preferably raw if not raw then at least un homogenized or it causes heart attack) then eating egg shells/bones is a better source of calcium.
  4. R

Calcium Paradox

Best source of calcium is egg shells and bones. Egg shells are 25-35% calcium + other minerals, and proteins. Bones are 25% calcium, 11% phosphorous + other minerals in the bones. I eat 2 egg shells, and some bones every few days. Brisket bones used in bone broth become soft after cooking them...
  5. R

Slow COMT and can't use curcumin

COMT snp means nothing unless someone has one which is actually pathogenic in clin var or another database.
  6. R

very desperate looking for a doctor who knows what diagnostics to run etc

Do whole genome sequencing with dante labs, and there are lab websites in USA that offer a lot of vitamin, and minerals blood tests just pay through their website print out the form and go to a local blood collection place. if something comes back low though the best way to treat it is food so...
  7. R

There is no evidence that disease exists but blood zinc, b6, and urinary porphyrins could be checked. There are genetic diseases of b6 called pyridoxine dependent epilepsy, and they give up to 600mg a day pyridoxine or P5P long term for them.
  8. R

New research on selenium

Se methyl selenocysteine compared to actual selenocysteine is not very good because it cant be made into selenoproteins. it is the 25 selenorproteins that have selenocysteine in them that exert their anti cancer action better than LE product. Me selenocysteine would be in food along with the...
  9. R

Anyone had a brain MRS scan?

I had an MRI but never MRS. it can measure things like choline, creatine, and lots of other compounds in the brain too.
  10. R

Need advice quite urgently

Nar histamine, and other amines like dopamine in banana skin are helpful.
  11. R

New research on selenium

There are over 100 different forms of selenium in foods. The main seleno species in Brazil nuts is selenomethionine, and then two other ones which are not selenocysteine though it would contain selenocysteine plus all the other seleno species. Lamb kidneys have around 200mcg selenium per 100g...
  12. R

Histamine, and other amines are helpful, not dangerous.
  13. R

L-carnosine

It does that with every molecule to balance everything out. Why does the body break down protein, and every single other nutrient we ingest if it is so good for us? Homeostasis.
  14. R

L-carnosine

Yah there is studies showing the carnosine in food still makes it into the cell as actual carnosine so eating food for it is fine. 300g of ham will provide 1350mg of carnosine+ the other nutrients that will work in synergy with it which are lacking in the supplement version of it. But of course...
  15. R

Any source for your claim those foods are high in histamine? Not that histamine is bad. And can you explain why you think histamine is bad with sources? Plain rice has no b vitamins or minerals which are needed for carbohydrate metabolism so consuming refined grains depletes micro nutrients...
  16. R

L-carnosine

The carnosine in food would be better absorbed than in the supplement. Plus there is 500mg creatine per 100g in ham, and other good stuff too.
  17. R

Raw liver, raw milk, eggs, bacon, ham, bone broth, oysters, mussels, clams, fermented vegetables, kefir, kombucha, rice bran, yeast+ all the other healthy foods full of nutrients.
  18. R

L-carnosine

Those reviews look good. A booklet on it with condensed information: https://www.scribd.com/document_downloads/direct/291571513?extension=pdf&ft=1538276675&lt=1538280285&show_pdf=true&user_id=285131949&uahk=YcXb2kYL7425KlU49w8k9TAwX7s
  19. R

L-carnosine

Carnosine Foods by robinhood12345 posted Sep 30, 2018 at 12:37 PM Here is a list of carnosine content in some foods. I am going to go buy a load of ham, and eat 200g a day until I can buy a carnosine supplement.
  20. R

Choline supplement is working for me

Best way to get collagen is buy 1kg of bones from a super market or butchers for a few bucks, put in slow cooker with water for 24-48 hours = home made lovely cheap bone broth. Yumm.
  21. R

L-carnosine

No not creatine or carnitine- carnosine. Carnosine is a di peptide made from beta alanine, and histidine. Beta alanine is made from other processes in the body, as is histidine to some degree but histidine is also partially an essential amino acid. The highest amounts of carnosine are in...
  22. R

Unlikely to be choline as it is a natural vitamin in food. Choline didn't do much for me even though I thought it was early on. I will be taking carnosine soon.
  23. R

Copper deficiency

Dietary copper deficiency is extremely common. I have uploaded an image with some of the copper enzymes, and the symptoms that copper deficiency produces. Copper deficiency is found commonly in schizophrenia, alzheimers, heart disease, and a lot of other problems. Copper toxicity does not exist...
  24. R

23 and me, worth it?

23andme and ancestry.com are now obsolete testing methods because of whole genome sequencing. Dante labs seem to have the cheapest. I awaiting my results from them. ED is a genetic disease so of course it can be found genetically but not with 23andme with whole genome sequencing.
  25. R

[Study] Acquired Mitochondrial Abnormalities Including Epigenetic Inhibition of Superoxide Dismutase

I have only been taking it 1 day. As soon as I crush it between my teeth, and swish the crushed powder around my mouth I feel a little better, and more relaxed. Same thing happened with the non glisodin SOD but glisodin is way better. I am waiting on WGS results, and would not be surprised if I...
  26. R

[Study] Acquired Mitochondrial Abnormalities Including Epigenetic Inhibition of Superoxide Dismutase

I am taking source natural glisodin now. I took source naturals normal sod 2000 before but the glisodin feels stronger when I take it sublingually even though it is only 1/8th the strength. I also have some SOD powder 50,000 IU per gram I got from China which I took in enterically coated...
  27. R

Where should i go from here

https://blog.23andme.com/health-traits/our-take-on-the-mthfr-gene/
  28. R

Where should i go from here

test results are fine. there are a billion other metabolic pathways in the body other than methylation. choline is the main essential nutrient for methylation which is high in eggs, and liver. yeast contains most of the b vitamins.
  29. R

Yeah choline didn't help. taking home made liposomal magnesium at the moment, and will see if that works. Waiting on Dante labs WGS as I'm sure I have a genetic disease.
  30. R

Confused about folate differences

bakers yeast is highest food source of folates, and for b12 liver/other organs, oysters/clams/mussels