• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. V

list of blood test to take PLEASE HELP

Hello DANEL, I took this some time ago from a post made here by Cold Taste of Tears (no longer a member). BLOOD WORK UP Consider the following to show immune dysfunction/supression + inflammation/exhaustion. HS-CRP (Must be HS) Isoprostanes Inflammatory Cytokines + Chemokines...
  2. V

High impact exercise reverses damage to mitochondia?

You are taking the P*ss
  3. V

stomach parasites

Thank you Judderwocky for starting this thread, I had not heard of Diatomaceous Earth, I ordered some and it arrived yesterday. I have Lyme and have thought for a long time that I should be doing some kind of parasite and toxin cleanse, I have asked my GP to prescribe something, but he thinks...
  4. V

Dr MyHill's License in Jeopardy

Killer Doctor Cleared By General Medical Council Not even a warning for this good doctor! Posted on The One Click Group http://www.theoneclickgroup.co.uk/news.php?start=3520&end=3540&view=yes&id=4761#newspost 7th May 2010 Tears as doctor is cleared By Simon Hardy A Shropshire woman...
  5. V

Healthy oil?

The doctor treating me for Lyme (he is a rheumatologist) told me last week I need to take Omega 6 along with the krill oil I already take (I think he said for nerve healing) he included this advice in a letter he wrote to my GP so he must think it is important. But he didnt give any...
  6. V

Low dose Naltrexone

Erotic dreams ay! :tongue: That's something to look forward to :cheeky grin:
  7. V

Low dose Naltrexone

Enjoying the nightlife Since taking LDN my life has become so much more interesting: Last night I joined a circus as the star turn, the night before I underwent surgery without anaesthetic :Retro eek: and the night before that I had to take a reindeer from London to Scotland in a taxi...
  8. V

Is it time to take the pledge to NOT donate blood?

If we let people know what it is like to have our disease, tell them about XMRV, that other countries have already banned M.E patients from donating, then ask if they want our blood, cos that's what they could be getting if no action is taken....who wouldn't sign?
  9. V

Plea from Dr Bell to donate to the WPI

Thanks Frickly, at least it can't be said that my posts are worthless from now on :cheeky grin:
  10. V

I pledge to send $1 for every post I have made on PR, it was here I learned about the UK XMRV study in which I am included, so I think it is only fair that I put my money where my mouth is. I am not sure how much that is until I post, about $190 I think, and admittedly I can't send it all at once.
  11. V

How about setting up an online petition, we could all help by posting it on other groups/forums not only M.E ones, we could use it as a signature on our emails, go viral (whatever that means?) so we would not only be collecting signatures to the petition but informing people of M.E, XMRV and the...
  12. V

Yes it would certainly cause problems for most of us, but what about the idea of petitioning the public rather than the patients?
  13. V

How about setting up outside a blood bank with a petition to be signed by passers by (the public) explain to them that we have a debilitating disease called M.E and a possible retrovirus and would they be happy if we were to donate blood. If their answer is “No” they should be happy to sign the...
  14. V

Over the last quarter century, the question has arisen again and again: why are CFS patients so "passive"? AND THE BEAT GOES ON - Hillary Johnson http://oslersweb.com/blog.htm?post=648635
  15. V

I'm with you srmny, I couldn't give a rat's arse about image, I want my life back, I don't know by what method we should fight but fight we should.
  16. V

I don't want money spent researching my symptoms this one is easily remedied
  17. V

XMRV treatment trials in Nevada

Hi leaves, that's about all it said, but please don't take it as fact, it was just what was posted on another board in response to the Dr Bell appeal
  18. V

XMRV treatment trials in Nevada

Here is a later post: http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/EuroLyme/message/91445 her contact reports: the drug trial (originally scheduled for June 2010) has been postponed because the private institute is out of money.
  19. V

Just shows how closely Simon Wessely has been following the Witch Hunt of Sarah Myhill.
  20. V

Article: An MD on the Lightning Process

Flex, me too :Sign giggle: I haven't read the LP article myself, I always skip the ads
  21. V

Magaret Thatcher had regular B12 injections when she was prime minister, she used them for added stamina not because of any deficiency. I don't believe the GMC ever censured her doctor
  22. V

Annette Whittemore letter to CFSAC

It is a great letter, but WPI desperately need funding, how are they going to get it????
  23. V

your website may indicate that you are practising outwith your area of expertise and therefore are potentially putting patients at risk by providing misleading or inaccurate information The Panel was also troubled that on the basis of your statement and evidence today, you may lack insight...
  24. V

WPI UK XMRV testing/study

I dont know, but I cant help thinking WPI will know by now whether some of us are positive or not.
  25. V

CFS etc over on Bad Science

The One Click Group did: http://www.theoneclickgroup.co.uk/news.php?start=3460&end=3480&view=yes&id=4678#newspost
  26. V

bit by a tick, suggestions welcome

I'm sorry to hear you have been bitten, but at least you have found it early and hopefully there is some abx that you can tolerate. The bulls-eye rash is conclusive of Lyme, even the cdc accepts that, so no tests should be necessary, unless for co-infections. Best wishes
  27. V

The MEA's response to DSM-5

Typical WET response from MEA they are fighting nothing other than to maintain their own position - sitting on the fence.
  28. V

DSM5 - Ticket back to Reevesville

I agree, nobody does it like Suzy :thumbs up:
  29. V

DSM5 - Ticket back to Reevesville

WOW! Powerful stuff eh! :Retro rolleyes: