• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. helios

A treatment that helps me tremendously

I had mixed experiences like you when it came to sunshine. Early on it was hard to tolerate, and even to this day my health every year in summer slumps + I lose weight (Im just starting to pick up again now after last 3 mths) Back when I originally crashed with CFS years ago my expsore to the...
  2. helios

Patients with Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS) Greatly Improved Fatigue Symptoms When Treated with Oxygen-Ozone Autohemothe

I did ozone IV therapy in a clinic and had some of the best health of my life on it but it was short lived alas. I did 4 sessions over 3 months and on the 3rd and 4th sessions felt awesome but it would fade a week layer. I did the Ten pass procedure where 10 transfusions are done so much better...
  3. helios

Interview with Ken Lassesen: Using AI to Alter the Microbiome

Thanks for reply. I was curious if you used more than one lab if the results were very similar as there is criticisms of the legitimacy of the labs and I read a post somewhere that said the same sample sent to 2 different labs yielded different results which is disappointing to read. Best of...
  4. helios

NEW Source of Cheap Poo

Oh no that is terrible. So sorry this ivy league c**t scammed you. That is a lot to pay up front imo. I pay per sample on pickup or for others it will be per mail out. I would be very disappointed if FMT did nothing for me as I held out a lot of hope for it as imo it is something that has the...
  5. helios

Interview with Ken Lassesen: Using AI to Alter the Microbiome

Were your results similar from both labs?
  6. helios

Undiagnosed Immunosuppression

Both CD4 and CD8 readings were quite low, but as you say for HIV its the CD4/CD8 ratio that is critical and I did not have a high reading but also didn't have a low ratio rather it was over 1 (I thought). I wasn't given medication/treatment as I was not coming down sick with exploitive...
  7. helios

NEW Source of Cheap Poo

It is very tricky to find an FMT donor and best bet will be for people to use someone they know and trust. This is not easy for many with CFS as many will typically have a limited social circle due to their chronic health and or may not have suitable healthy family members. Ideally the younger...
  8. helios

Yes both were at the bottom of the range. With HIV/AIDS there is a ratio CD4:CD8 and for me ratio was around the other way, but doctors still insisted on an AIDS test.
  9. helios

I did at one point back in approx 2011-12 I was kind of shocked and had gone through a tough patch health wise and was looking into fillers but then tried a treatment for Lyme disease and had some awesome health for a while, and the lipodystrophy look faded in me thankfully, but was/am still...
  10. helios

Yes I'd be curious to see his NK cell reading. I showed up with immunosuppression, and was diagnosed with Lymphopenia or more precisely Idiopathic Lymphopenia. I don't buy the idiopathic element as to me there is a cause, they just don't know or have much interest in finding as its not a fatal...
  11. helios

Looking for fecal transplant donor

Daf I agree with your concerns. The amount is not great compared to what a local clinic would charge but for many CFS sufferers who have been unwell for years will have had effected careers and less money and anything like that is a financial hit and when it involves sending the $ overseas to a...
  12. helios

Max was associtaed with it but he branched off to focus on the US market. This site is based in Spain. Presumably they have the same focus on what consistitutes a high quality donor as Max does. I'd love to hear from others who used them, rather than brief testimonials posted on the website.
  13. helios

Has anyone here tried a supplement called “agaricus blazei murril”?

or under-active and its not mounting sufficient fight. when you feel rotten from the flu its not the thriving of the bacteria that is causing the rotten symptoms but the dying off of the bacteria as your immune system kills. There is an imbalance in the Th1/Th2 elements of our immune system. I...
  14. helios

That site seems to have changed since I registered. It was originally set up I thought to bring donors and recipients together + also provide some sort of legitimacy for recipients who would print out their 'seeking donors' poster to display for prospects. I guess since they knew all the details...
  15. helios

Buying antibiotics for Lyme online

Sorry CP, but not really, just that I would take an antifungal now after any longer term course of ABx. I feel the only time I did that (took Diflucan) I came through feeling good. All other times I ended up slumping badly for many months after I stopped taking the antibiotics. I took...
  16. helios

vitamin d intolerant and other problems, would appreciate any advice

I could only stand taking vit-D at night because otherwise I was falling asleep at my desk and soo brain fogged. I could sleep the night away while presumably incurring the same. what time of day are you taking your D? I too found it lowered my mood, but not so much that issue when I spent time...
  17. helios

Sources for BH4?

Gee that's a lot more affordable than I thought. I looked it up and in my country its limited to just those who have PKU due to the cost being over $50k / pa. I'm not sure what dosage a PKU patient requires though. I thought I saw Kuvan tablets at 100mg
  18. helios

An Update on the Mestinon Clinical Trial

So 5 tablets a day. Why would a neurologist prescribe when you don't have MG? I get the logic in experimenting with it with CFS patients but typically neurologists are not exactly open minded when it comes to that condition. I was prescribed it by a doctor who wanted to try and boost my...
  19. helios

Buying antibiotics for Lyme online

I actually felt a lot worse when I took Doxy (2 tabs a day) + Plaquenil + another ABx I cant remember just now. I had to stop them at the 3mth mark I just felt too rotten, and it was then that I started to feel good, then really good. I was also doing biofilm busters, herbs, and a limited clean...
  20. helios

Self-Experiment: AAS, rHGH, L-Carnitine Injections, T3, mitochondrial Cocktail.

Those are some heavy duty AAS doses you were on are you planning to cruise on that level of T for long term. I see you dropped Tren. I actually liked Tren better. Are you staggering the trialing of these supplements so as to be able to isolate which ones are working the best and which ones are...
  21. helios

This helps me,,, but why -- [Cold showers/baths]

I've had also discovered cold showers numerous years back as well as swimming laps at the pool, though its hard to stay long in the outdoor pool for much of the year. Cryo-therapy is very much a thing with bio-hackers (blame Wim Hoff) these days and there are clinics that allow you to spend time...
  22. helios

Amalgam removal

Read up on the Cutler Protocol for Mercury detox. ALA is the key for his protocol but it is very important to take it in a specific manner + very important that you do not have any AgHg amalgams when you to take ALA or undertake mercury chelation. You post was from back in May so I'm not sure if...
  23. helios

Potion that cured my chronic fatigue

Looking at your potion which is mineral rich, had you ever tried a colloidal minerals & fulvic acid tonics or even shilijit?
  24. helios

Ozone Therapy

Since I didn't have the spare money at the time I just bought myself one of the cheaper ozone generators on the market and experimented with it like you did (drinking water) and thought it may have helped my general well being but not convincingly. I too have to deal with IBS though I did not...
  25. helios

Armpit rash - Old Spice deodorant

For deodorant I just use a quartz block/stick so not into deodorant brands & fragrance variations, but I thought Old Spice was just the one type or these days with marketing maybe had a couple of variations, but 13 flavours, no way I would have guessed.
  26. helios

Anyone try high frequency or daily IV ozone?

I sent an email back to the clinic a couple of months after the treatment but I dont have that email address anymore so have to go on memory. I remember the list of positive changes I listed would have been like 10-12. I'm sure many here when they have boosted their health can break it down to...
  27. helios

Yes this is a possibility too. I remember reading of some experiencing better health with it. I thought I remember having a test done to measure fibirin levels in my blood and they were on the high side but not at really high levels to freak the doctor out, he mentioned heparin but kept...
  28. helios

I've had IV ozone and loved it, alas its expensive, and is not promoted where I live due to controversy. Where I had it done the clinic has now closed. If I could do it at home I absolutely would, but its not so easy...if you want to go IV. You ideally need to extract blood, mix it with Heparin...
  29. helios

Methleyene blue

I stop and start things, due to tiredness and struggle coping with my job plus it was turning my mouth blue plus the bottle I had ran out and if I was going to order again would prefer the pharmaceutical grade to reduce any concerns over heavy metals plus it was really only subtle effect and...
  30. helios

Methleyene blue

I tried it a few years back, with the prime hope of it improving my cognition and also with the possibility of it reducing any fungal issues I had. I took it a while at a conservative dose (sorry cant remember and never noticed much to make it worthwhile. I then read an article about how...