• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. S

Managing Potassium Deficiency - Share your experience

I found taking a good quality, low - or minimal - sugar coconut water was a useful way to get potassium in -- diluting with water. Less harsh on the gut than potassium gluconate etc.
  2. S

THE STAGES OF METHYLATION AND HEALING

Does anyone have suggestions for brands re ADB12 and MB12? Currently taking KAL B-12 Methylcobalamin & Adenosylcobalamin, and Country Life Methylb12. Feel like it might be time to mix it up. Thanks
  3. S

Severe reaction to Lithium

I recently titrated lithium orotate - one dropper full (1ml) equals 4mg. I took two drops, a tiny amount. Initially this gave me sense of calmness and nothing adverse. So doubled the amount (4 tiny drops) for a couple of days and all hell broke loose, including chronic gut stuff. Anyone else...
  4. S

Methylfolate blocked by iron?

No, but that is really interesting. There is some general consensus that taking methylfolate with potassium in vitamin C can diminish it's absorption. Now, I'll keep an eye on iron as well. Thanks.
  5. S

B5 (Pantothenic Acid) and methylation

Freddd, and others, have often observed that larger doses of b1,b2 and b3 can over drive the need for methylfolate and potassium. Has anyone observed interactions of b5 with methylfolate and potassium? Or more generally what sort of symptoms they have found b5 to elivate, if any?
  6. S

Views on B12--Greg (B12 oils) view vs Rich Van's view--Thoughts?

Thanks @Johnmac Had you tried increasing b2 while on Fred's protocol, if so did it have any impact?
  7. S

Do you think the b12oil itself had an impact on lowering need for folate?
  8. S

Transdermal B12 oils

Anyone have an idea how many squirts a day of the mb12 oil would be the equivalent of 25mg MB12 sublingual? Or is it just a trial and error thing?
  9. S

What is Methyl Trapping ?

Interesting theory. Always cautious when someone uses science to disprove someone elses theory, and then starts the conversation with: "it is my opinion that many many cfs symptoms are caused by a limbic system crosswire." No science backing up that statement. I'll let Fred jump to his own...
  10. S

Thanks for this, it is an interesting hypothesis. Certainly doesn't exactly fit, at least not simply, for me. I tried b2 on it's own with no great success, whereas mb12 and Methylfolate with the deadlock quartet had a huge impact. But that said, the body shifts and changes, certainly after...
  11. S

Love to know why b2 obviated the need for potassium!
  12. S

Thanks @Johnmac, I've been on Fred's Protocol for some years, had some great benefits, in particular after eventually introducing l-carnitine (very slowly), but have hit a point where taking really high dosage of Methylfolate (18mg) and almost 3gs of potassium a day -- which is hardly keeping...
  13. S

Hey @Johnmac what levels of potassium were you taking before reduced it due to b2? Clearly you didn't experience Fred's warning that increasing b2 can result in increasing need for potassium and methylfolate? Cheers
  14. S

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Www.mitosynergy.com 's copper & zinc but I don't know what to do about manganese. Did you also have low Manganese SOD as well? Myhill simply suggests supplementing with manganese -- of course, it's not always as easy as that. My acumen test also showed low zn/cu and manganese SODase, but I did...
  15. S

B-12 - The Hidden Story

@aquariusgirl how did you go about fixing the Zn/Cu SODase problems -- by simply supplementing with zn and cu?
  16. S

Methylation problem - difficulty sustaining MTHF benefits

Thanks @Freddd , I just introduced 300mcg of Biotin, which has wired me up a little, and got the mind racing a bit, trying to see what impact it has on my current symptoms -- looking for that missing element.
  17. S

Methylation problem - difficulty sustaining MTHF benefits

Does increasing Biotin put demands on anything in particular, or is it general thing?
  18. S

REFEEDING SYNDROME - The clues to healing via induced deficiencies

@Freddd Thanks for that. I'm with you on the liver/gallbladder, but it could be nutrient related - liver needs those trace minerals, but why all of a sudden. It's a very particular pattern and so familiar, but had abated this last year or so, or settled into the background. It seems like the DQ...
  19. S

Tracking Symptoms on Freddd's protocol

I followed @Freddd approach to l-carnitine as I was hypersensitive - diluted 1 drop in 32 drops of water and took one drop a day, built up over months by increasing about 20% daily, and pausing at that level until symptoms settled. Along with the other DQ, it was a major reason for me getting...
  20. S

Carnitine Fumerate: Re carnitine fumarate, tried a couple of different brands. Irritated stomach, gave me reflux and general acidity. No other benefit, didn’t get it up to a high enough level to see any other difference/benefit. The Jarrow liquid l-carnitine was the first thing that gave me...
  21. S

@Freddd I guess it can come down to where the copper is. My serum copper levels are low normal, my copper sodase levels low, rbc copper normal, hair analysis copper high. Sorry, I can't help you on this. One wonders how much test matter when you can take copper and see a positive impact? I've...
  22. S

Cheers @Freddd, doesn't explain my increase in need for potassium though. Seems this only get more complicated -when it works, it all seems so easy...
  23. S

Is it detox or more?

For me these sort of symptoms after taking MB12 can be potassium related. To check I tend to take an extra dose of Potassium Gluconate powder mixed with water and see if that has any impact on symptoms.
  24. S

Potassium and sudden frequent urination

Out of interest, how is potassium Chanelopathies diagnosed?
  25. S

@Freddd In methyltrap, where for some reason Mb12 doesn't get into the cell, and l-methyfolate is expelled, what happens to potassium? Does the need for potassium also increase? Or is this unrelated?
  26. S

Current preferred Brand of MethylB12?

Sorry @cph13 never tried that one. But personally I'm not great with yeast so I'd steer clear of anything yeast related.
  27. S

Thanks @garyfritz . I take Enzymatic Therapy Mb12, and Anabol Naturals Dibencoplex. So you take more ADB12 than MB12? That's interesting. I'd certainly look at a transdermal method. You use oils? Where do you get them from?
  28. S

@Freddd I seem to have a high need for potassium, so wondering if there is anything that helps potassium absorb, or is synergistic etc. I currently take about 3100mg of potassium a day, 3 potassium citrate tablets with each meal (99mg each) and 4 full t-spoons of potassium gluconate powder...