• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. X

GcMAF for XMRV--Gc protein-derived macrophage activating factor--anyone taking it?

Hi there, I just read this, and I realized it was from one year ago... could you please how far have you gone with this treatment up until now in 2011?
  2. X

XMRV positive by stomach biopsy

yes, I was also wondering, did DMeirleir checked for the famous enterovirus as well?
  3. X

April 7/8 NIH State of Knowledge Conference - watch online to show our support!

Not shame at all, someone has to do the dirty job, and thats Judy. This was totally necessary, She told him the truth, saying that his study on XMRV was based on 2 samples, and was a bad study and totally flawed, the tuth never hurts, is simply unavoidable. This arrogant man needed that...
  4. X

Lapp Reports XMRV is Found in CFS Using Genome Detection Technology/Ampligen News

Sorry, I decided to delete that, because I assume they deleted the link because is unpublished material, and I did not want to run the risk of ruin the publication of a good news research to be published...
  5. X

Lapp Reports XMRV is Found in CFS Using Genome Detection Technology/Ampligen News

I have to delete this because is unpublished material, sorry... also not sure of its reliability...
  6. X

So, 470 *MILLION* people may have XMRV?

Do not forget that from all HTLV carriers in the world, 80% stay healthy and never develop leukemia or anything else. If that % stays in XMRV, that would mean that less than just 1,4% of population would develop an XMRV associated disease...
  7. X

ME/CFS docter Dr. Vermeulen R.C.W. suspended

They said the same of the guy of Wikileaks, and I do not buy it... lets see... They said the same of the guy of Wikileaks, and I do not buy it... lets see what happens in the end.
  8. X

Spanish XMRV researchers to report Dec 9 on immune dysfunction

Latest summary from XMRV and Immune System of CFS patients in Barcelona by Irsi Caixa Presentation of Dr. Juli Blanco With regard to the detection of retrovirus XMRV, Dr. Juli Blanco words were prudent denoting the wisdom of scientists. Basically They confirm that YES, they have found XMRV...
  9. X

Spanish XMRV researchers to report Dec 9 on immune dysfunction

Cort, Irsi Caixa already reported XMRV+ sequences last September in the XMRV workshop Basically, yesterday they did not say anything new as it was expected in terms of the immune system of CFS patients...but we were not looking for a XMRV+ study, because that was already known since September...
  10. X

Comment by 'XAND' in 'XMRV - An explanation of XMRV research so far...'

Really nice to read! Thanks!
  11. X

VIP Dx testing for XMRV

I am also interested to know about this, because back in 2004 I took retrovirals for HIV for a month after I had a sexual encounter with high risk for HIV, so they gave me a preventive dose of Combivir+something else... one year later I fell sick with CFS.
  12. X

Abstracts from the 1st XMRV Conference

Here goes the three posters of Irsi Caixa Spanish retrovirologist team, the ones that make the link with EBV and XMRV, and if I am not mistaken, I also understand that they DID find XMRV in CFS patients: Detection of XMRV sequences in EBV-transformed B cell lines J. Blanco1, J. Carrillo1, E...
  13. X

XMRV Positive in the U.K.

Dysautonomia did you get your test results already? Dysautonomia did you get your test results already? Can somebody confirm the source of that 60% of UK people that got a positive in the american lab? Will WPI disclose this information?
  14. X

NATIONAL RETROVIRUS REGISTRY. Does your country have one? Spain does!

Regarding Spain and Carlos III on XMRV Hi there everybody, I am not often here, but just wanted to clarify that the meeting on Carlos III was focused on HIV not on XMRV. And Vicente Soriano only talked 5 minutes on XMRV to introduce it without giving yet too much credit on its...