• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Magnum

I have been reading some wonderful books

Ha, thank you @Daffodil !
  2. Magnum

Friend date ideas?

I hope it goes well! I like the idea of feeding ducks, because it allows for an ebb and flow of conversation. Chat about favorite TV shows or books. One thing I've tried with friends: teach each other something! For example, I have a buddy who speaks a second language I don't. She...
  3. Magnum

I have been reading some wonderful books

Thank you all for the recommendations, and the warnings/caveats! The blog posts are especially useful (easier to consume for me).
  4. Magnum

Is a history with CFS a barrier for employment?

Any updates on how this went for you, Rowena? I would think most adults would show some IgG elevations due to prior EBV exposures, so I don't think these employers would be concerned unless you had "traditional" markers of "active" infection, but it may depend on what your doctor's notes...