• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. antares4141

New wearable that tracks blood flow to the brain

Some of this might be slightly off topic. I've wondered about these but have not investigated much into them. I would think the obvious things such as glucose, heart rate, bp, temp, ox levels, all the various sensors used in sleep studies should be continuously monitored in a device or maybe...
  2. antares4141

Physics Girl & the Devastating Effects of Long COVID

I thought Rebecca did an awesome job of describing this illness. She being in the skeptics community is surrounded by Simon Wessely types. I've appealed to skeptics in forums and even podcasters and met with apathy at best and at worst support of the same type of nonsense Wessely and cohorts...
  3. antares4141

Professor Simon Wessely says he is misunderstood

Also I should have said "invisible illness denial industry". I knew what I meant to say just couldn't find the right words. That we are practically in the 2nd quarter of the 21'st century and this kind of corruption is still rampant is atrocious.
  4. antares4141

A good source on this phenomenon is Milgram experiment. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milgram_experiment
  5. antares4141

This link should skip ahead to the alarming conclusion which explains pretty well the similarities we are seeing today with the way authorities are treating people with invisible illnesses. You might say "they are not murders" and I cannot argue that point. But they have condemned generations...
  6. antares4141

In my opinion Wessely and his type are in it for the bucks and prestige. There is trillions of dollars of liability being tied up because CDC won't investigate, and NIH won't fund CFS/ME research. Insurance companies, chemical manufactures, institutions that have been promoting this garbage...
  7. antares4141

I would totally agree he and his cohorts all the red flags. I just don't have time to list them now. Certainly saying publicly "I don't feel sorry for them" if someone did that to some other demographic it would be considered hate speech. It is suggesting to his audience "you shouldn't...
  8. antares4141

I saw a video on youtube somebody posted on FB where simon wessely comes right out and says he doesn't feel sorry for us. Has anyone seen this video? Have the link? I want to watch it again just to make sure I didn't imagine this. Wanted to record it but don't have a subscription to YT...
  9. antares4141

Study shows in some instances antibiotics improve microbiome

Interesting findings from a study bill gates funded...
  10. antares4141

Death by wallpaper

Good to know one thing that makes me want to test again is the wallpaper symptoms described seemed somewhat similar to what we experience today. Certainly from the aspect of gastrointestinal. I wish I could stop eating to see if that might help me improve some. My diet now is small doses of...
  11. antares4141

Death by wallpaper

I've only watched two so far, why do 50's inventions kill so many people and death by wallpaper. I am sure the people who didn't die right away were accused of having hysteria. It's amazing how to this day nobody accounts for all the legitimate things in peoples homes and environment, and...
  12. antares4141

Has anyone tried to train dogs to detect me/cfs?

Here is an interesting youtube on the subject:
  13. antares4141

I suspect the way they trained dogs to do it with covid is they expose the dog to subjects and controls and when the dogs react to the subjects they get praise and a treat. So it would not require our knowing anything about a disease other than being able to differentiate between those that...
  14. antares4141

It's well established in the literature they can do this with covid https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2022/06/16/1104931711/dogs-trained-to-sniff-out-covid-in-schools-are-getting-a-lot-of-love-for-their-e
  15. antares4141

Neuroinflammation in Long Covid

I have had that issue with my eyes periodically over the years. Feels like when I used to grind fiberglass and sometimes would get a spec of it in my eye.
  16. antares4141

Toxic Black Mold Is Growing In My Brain

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/tysonbottenus/black-mold-growing-toxic-brain-vacation?fbclid=IwAR0tOnUXnFijWvVf7Jnvt8qkQP-hRrC7uCDQL-ZDRAOmhsGf4cddWas7NMg
  17. antares4141

Space Flight Destroys Your Red Blood Cells

Me too! Reason I posted article here is because it seems like something that could easily explain most of our symptoms. Though because it's so easy to test for I have to assume it's not the reason for most of us.
  18. antares4141

Space Flight Destroys Your Red Blood Cells

https://www.universetoday.com/154096/space-flight-destroys-your-red-blood-cells/?fbclid=IwAR3h9s35HVMs2dOVmpMIHBaU3LAPmATbji43R-Ra5OgBM0CbBSTu1QG1XI0
  19. antares4141

Contamination of Groundwater

I should maybe consider rainwater collection cause I am somewhat concerned about contamination in my well from a garbage dump that is near it. Keep wanting to test but I never get all my chores done when I go into town. South Central NM doesn't get much rain so I would have to have a lot of...
  20. antares4141

I suppose I could get rainwater off of my metal building. It already has gutters so I would just have to set up a cistern to collect it. My thoughts have always been I would have to treat it for bacteria and algae if I were to store it for much longer than a few weeks. Suspect the container...
  21. antares4141

This site has some interesting info on effects of different groundwater contaminants: https://www.usgs.gov/special-topics/water-science-school/science/contamination-groundwater This site explains common ways contaminants enter into the ground water...
  22. antares4141

We might finally know what causes 'COVID toes

https://www.livescience.com/mystery-of-covid-toes-solved
  23. antares4141

New biomarker for severe COVID-19

Process they are describing here would seem to me to be highly plausible with cfs/me. We would just have to identify the virus that is the culprit. https://phys.org/news/2021-10-biomarker-severe-covid-.html?fbclid=IwAR0X9NzaFw1-IBX4JQ8EgN9VJH_i6RZfIuGdxryDWe_E8kDovTdXL9D8LIc
  24. antares4141

Pain and the brain: Closing the gap between modern pain science and clinical practice

There are probably kernels of truth here but it is a slippery road when you start hypothesizing there is no physical underpinnings and decide not to bother trying to identify them first...
  25. antares4141

Brazilian viper venom may become tool in fight against COVID, study shows

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/brazilian-viper-venom-may-become-tool-fight-against-coronavirus-study-shows-2021-08-31/?fbclid=IwAR3bmemPARox07k2i3NO_eoIDd3mZ2OKuf5VZCZuK10mRz0840lndxBHx0A
  26. antares4141

Long COVID Might Be The Manifestation of a Different Virus Reawakened in The Body

People have been associating this link for 40 years now with CFS. I always assumed that the association was weak and treatment's to suppress it didn't show much if any measurable improvement. And that is why nobody ever took it seriously...
  27. antares4141

What’s Up With Ivermectin?

Without listening to it I am skeptical of Bret Weinstein cause he always seems to be implying some type of subterfuge, or duplicity among authorities regarding not using ivermectin for covid. And authorities not adequately funding research because of special interest's or ulterior motives...
  28. antares4141

Severe COVID-19 Is Fueled by Disrupted Gut Barrier Integrity

Twiv reacently did a podcast: TWIV 769 MIS-C and leaky gut Jargon they use cause the podcast is geared towards academics, I didn't get a lot out of it. I have a similar problem with the types of studies you linked to. Not to mention hard on the brain. Most the articles I read are posted by...
  29. antares4141

A repurposed TB vaccine shows early promise against diseases like diabetes and MS

I agree, it does violate the "if it sounds too good to be true" rule, and "extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence". I am hopeful maybe something will come from it though. Like the murmurs with long covid being "helped" or "cured" by covid vaccine. Some of the other claims like...