• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. D

Niacin Sauna Protocol

Has anyone had any success with the Niacin Sauna protocol? Dr. Dan Root and others advocate for it.
  2. D

LICORICE - ANYONE WITH FEEDBACK?

That’s great. I am going to try the licorice. I have taken it for three days and nothing yet - blood pressure still is too low. I’m trying to get it above 120. Does your daughter have CFS?
  3. D

Can you take it for a long period of time? I got a tincture.
  4. D

So licorice didn’t do anything for you?
  5. D

I have been researching licorice. Apparently it’s very potent stuff with the ability to increase DHEA, Aldosterone, and blood pressure. All of which I need. Has anyone had success with licorice? I talked with someone who was cured from this herb.
  6. D

Heavy Metal chelation/detoxing?

That’s great. But you still have CFS? What are your symptoms?
  7. D

Yes. Did you recover from M.E. by eliminating toxins and heavy metals from your body?
  8. D

Thanks! Did you recover fully from this?
  9. D

Did you recover from heavy metal detox?
  10. D

Thanks. It seems that heavy metals were a part of his recovery and it helped him to detox
  11. D

I am considering the possibility of heavy metals even though all my tests are normal. Has anyone done any sort of heavy metal detoxes/chelation and actually healed from CFS? I have not found hardly any. I have found many who have gotten much, much worse with chelation. Thanks!
  12. D

Heavy Metals or Medication?

I’m beginning to think the medication I’m on, Lamictal, could be causing some of my issues. I’ve been on it 8 years and started noticing my first CFS symptoms about five years ago. Does anyone have any advice on this subject? Also, are heavy metal detoxes something that many people get...
  13. D

Dr. John Chia Visit Recap

Your doctors are correct in the fact that they aren’t that important. You see even healthy people have IGG antibodies when they have an infection. IGG doesn’t suggest an active infection - it suggests a past infection. There is almost zero proof that the illness is caused from a virus and even...
  14. D

Yes it’s about teaching your body NOT to overreact to stressors. So getting rid of any stressors via supplementation will help avoid it from trigger its own response.
  15. D

I’ll be completely honest with you just from my own experience and knowledge after doing extensive research. I know many want what’s best for you, but I think Dr. Chia’s protocol help some but rarely does anyone fully recover from this alone. I focused on this virus theory awhile and soon...
  16. D

Nothing Dr. Chia said or suggested did anything for me personally. I finally got in touch with an ND who actually understands the ROOT mechanism of this illness and I am about 80%. Still not back into intense exercise. Can I ask how your functioning and how long you have been ill?
  17. D

Absolutely. Our bodies are weak so why do something to stimulate the immune system more? That’s what Chia told me. Oxymatrine is very mild but if you do it go SLOW. It’s just a slippery slope and very marginal improvements. I think the whole virus thing needs to be forgotten until there is an...
  18. D

Sorry! I was convinced from Chia that antivirals are fairly ineffective for the most part. He told me he’s seen over 4,000 cases and a lot of been from doctors who have treated them with valcyte and they got worse. I am not saying it doesn’t work I’m just telling you when he said.
  19. D

No I am not. I was honestly pretty much convcinxed from I got off because I felt better after I quit taking it. So it makes sense to stay off of it if all it does is make me dizzy. He recommended inosine if I wanted to try something but he told me not to take anything else as it can overload...
  20. D

Chronic EBV

I went to see Dr. Chia and he firmly believes EBV is not the correct virus to treat due to the lack of results with the antivirals - coming from him.
  21. D

T lymphocyte panel NK cells, CBC, Epstein Barr and enterovirus panel. May I ask who the clinician is and what your treatment is for? Thanks
  22. D

So fatigue is a major issue? Have you had your immune system checked?
  23. D

Hello. What exactly are your symptoms? It kinda depends if he would be of help to up udpeending on what they are. Thanks
  24. D

I was on Oxymatrine for four months and got off of it about a month ago. I also tried some other mind-body and adrenal supplements that I truly think were a huge turning point for me. I think the Oxymatrine made me dizzy.
  25. D

Jennifer, Can I ask what your symptoms on? What supplements are you taking? He recommended specific things based on my symptoms.
  26. D

Well he basically checked all my blood work and history and said I “fit the illness”, meaning my immune abnormalities let the enterovirus take residence in my stomach and possibly other areas. I had the stomach biopsy showing enterovirus. He then went on to say they can affect the brain and...
  27. D

I had my visit with Dr. Chia today. If anyone would like any information please ask and I’ll gladly share what I found out from him.
  28. D

Dr to put it all together (east coast)

Get a new doctor who isn’t on a constant witch hunt for Lyme disease. It is way over-diagnosed. I saw a couple who told me I had it but when researching and going to a legit infectious disease doctor I didn’t. Parvo and HHV6 are extremely common. Do you have fevers, swollen lymph nodes...
  29. D

Find a functional medicine doctor. I agree with the Valcyte. It sounds like side effects. Find someone now! I recommend Mark Force in Oregon. He has changed my life, and doesn’t use “antivirals” because for the majority of people it isn’t the answer. One supplement that helped with my...
  30. D

Why? How low did you start?