• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. ratmom

Seeking volunteers for Seattle #MEAction event May 3-12, 2024

This year =AZUmzK-zZyz1wn4xdHiOhqmy7uQoaswrSyS7qRPSSQLU-XFJN1hQjIePOGhdnrhVIAd02v9c3lEy12InyvmpazD7c9skOgtkDp8dIHtg7ePqc3a-xU_8WngUblk3wzieI_BMsnxIAPZdQmtz0I2xWbMh3VscR6NtiZxYYolYUo86EEJem4kmRB5sFmg5BkdYRrE&__tn__=*NK-R']#MEAction is launching a national campaign to educate hospital systems and...
  2. ratmom

Seeking a neurologist in Portland, OR (Neuropathy-literate a plus)

My husband and I both have autoimmune polyneuropathy. My husband receives IVIG for it which has been prescribed by a neuro in Seattle. We might be moving to Portland, Oregon, so while you would think the Seattle doc could still prescribe it, he can only write the orders and an Oregon doctor has...
  3. ratmom

Who has used Work Well Foundation's CPET for their disability claim?

Hi folks, We're starting the process of filing for disability through our private disability insurance provider (and social security, but that's a different story right now). A local lawyer who we probably won't be using recommended Work Well Foundation, but others have since recommended a local...
  4. ratmom

Cher "cured" of ME/CFS - any truth to this and do we know what the treatment was?

Hey folks, I've looked through the forums prior to posting this and found a previous post from two years ago about it that didn't lead to many answers either. According to an awful number of sites out there, Cher (and Flea from Red Hot Chili Peppers and Stevie Nicks) all suffered from ME/CFS...
  5. ratmom

What kind of job does everyone have?

@Runner5 WHAT THE?!?! That has to be the most disturbing thing I've read in a long time. What do they expect you to sell if you don't have money to buy stuff to sell? Most of us don't really have like $3k worth of household goods to sell a month. @ToxxicWishes71 A friend of mine who is...
  6. ratmom

Any receptive PCPs in Sacramento?

Hi folks, My husband and I may be moving down to Sacramento so we can make regular visits down to the Center for Complex Diseases. However, that does mean uprooting from our current PCP here in Seattle and finding someone in the Sacramento area for all our "other" medical needs that won't...
  7. ratmom

Seeking doctor in Seattle

Hi @ulysses27 - I'm another local. Husband and I are science-based so we called EVERYWHERE looking for an MD but the only one we've been able to find is in Portland. @Learner1 knows of a few NDs who follow a lot of science-based protocols and have been helpful with ME/CFS patients. The...
  8. ratmom

Have you had to relocate due to your disability?

We actually can't wait, LOL :rofl:
  9. ratmom

Can anyone recommend a disability lawyer? (WA state or else where)

@Stretched Good news is that we haven't locked in with this lawyer yet or anything. We had a TERRIBLE connection on the phone asking the questions we wanted and he already lost me at the $500 an hour part and then something about how we can pay him monthly from our payments. I only heard...
  10. ratmom

@Silencio We somehow go the impression that the "settlement" would be based on the on-going amount, so that's a big relief, but even then, the prospect of someone taking half of his annual compensation seems insane to me. We started cutting our spending down substantially since we went on on...
  11. ratmom

I was actually planning on posting about this to one of the groups but got interrupted last night before I could do so. It's definitely one of our our "it wouldn't hurt to try" strategies, even though we don't feel mold sensitivity is the case with with my husband. That said, I don't think...
  12. ratmom

Not sure if this question falls in this category, but have you had to move due to your condition? Either to get closer to family for home care, due to costs, or to move closer to a clinic that treats you? We've been planning on moving out of the Seattle area for some time due to the nearly...
  13. ratmom

Thank you everyone for your help with this matter. It's just been one of those nonstop weeks for us - got dumped by our doctor because he doesn't want to help any further and are being thrown a few curve balls. Luckily, it looks like we may be invited to a study in Florida involved with Dr...
  14. ratmom

Thank you for ALL of that awesome information. I'll make note of it all and will definitely refer to it once I get the process going this week. We contacted our local bar association but they want a $50 referral fee - I don't mind paying that but obviously getting recommendations from local...
  15. ratmom

Right! It's the whole appeals process that worries me, so that's why we want to try to stay on top of it and consult with an attorney. I've been reading horror stories about how people are appealing every year or two! :/
  16. ratmom

Oh my goodness, thank you SO much. That is exactly what I needed!
  17. ratmom

Hello, I believe what we are looking for is an ERISA lawyer. We have a disability policy with my husband's employer through Metlife. We're coming up at the end of our short term disability here in a week or so, the whole three month leave having been consumed by various tests and wait lists...